What tires next on the S4 ?

Chris S 1245

Reaction score
Looks like 1 of the tires on the S4 is gonna need replacing soon. Can’t decide to Replace with Continentals as this is what the car came with or Go for Michelin ? Gonna avoid hankook tires As I know someone with them on their S5 and apparently they are terrible in the wet. What tires is everyone else using?

If you have the money to burn and want the best- Michelin p4s. If you want a good set of tyres with good mileage - Goodyear eagle f1 asymmetrical 3

Agree regarding Good tyres / good mileage, had them on my mk2 TT

Not lying bought a mk3 TTS and have just put 4 contact 6 conti sports on and there great
Not experienced the PS4’s but heard nothing but good reports

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have to say that in my experience the Hankooks have been really good in the wet and dry. Surprisingly so!

Have about 10k miles on them and they’ve maybe 6mm left which is pretty good I think.

Reactions: WesT-gefül
Hankooks have moved up into premium tyres. Audi wouldn’t put them on OEM otherwise. Wouldn’t let the name put you off.

Reactions: Daggerit
Hankooks have moved up into premium tyres. Audi wouldn’t put them on OEM otherwise. Wouldn’t let the name put you off.

Agreed. Not saying they’re as good as PS4S’s, but they’re overall a really surprisingly good tyre.

Thanks guys didn’t know there were that many tire threads my bad :D.

Reactions: cuke2u
Agree regarding Good tyres / good mileage, had them on my mk2 TT

Not lying bought a mk3 TTS and have just put 4 contact 6 conti sports on and there great
Not experienced the PS4’s but heard nothing but good reports

The Conti sport 6 tyres have to known to wear fast. That would be a mark against these tyres in my eyes. They are good though.

Michelin Pilot Sport's are the best tyres I have ever had.

Impressed with the standard Hankooks on the B9 S4 though. They are good in the wet.

Reactions: Daggerit
My Contis managed just 14K miles and two front down to 2mm / rears 2.5 on my s4 on the insides ... Replaced with Goodyear eagle f1 Assym 3 all round . Let’s see if they wear better . 14K is shocking for mainly motorway cruising miles.

I got 24k miles out of my initial set of Hankooks, decent enough as I don't drive like a loon most of the time! It was at the dealership for a fault fix and they spotted they were a bit worn and offered to replace them all for less than £600. When I picked it up, they had put Bridgestone Potenzas on. Seem to be ok, nice and grippy, but road noise is more noticeable - I didn't appreciate how quiet the Hankooks were. Also, the fronts wore out faster than the rears.

Reactions: cuke2u