Facelift What the new RS3 could look like...

hawesy25

Reaction score
Seen this image floating around on social media. Not sure if legit, but probably not a million miles off what the new one could look like.

Personally, I think it looks like a mini RS6.

2cde858d64076bb888ff8af16aa0ac95.jpg

beac054d9c42fb740313ecb7bf303b9a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DW81, Terminator x, SPIKE_ and 1 other person
Seen this image floating around on social media. Not sure if legit, but probably not a million miles off what the new one could look like.

That's exactly what the person who's made the pic has done, I think. Shrunk a pic of the new RS6.
I've seen another pic somewhere, I'll try find it.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Reactions: infernox and hawesy25

Won't let me download the front facing pic. Exactly same but different colour.
5c6494b0cfe221f99b84aaa1298a27f6.jpg

Reactions: hawesy25
Won't let me download the front facing pic. Exactly same but different colour.
5c6494b0cfe221f99b84aaa1298a27f6.jpg

Yes, I see what you mean. Very similar indeed.

Reactions: RS03_SEN
Very nice looking car! 2022 I've read it will be available. Is that right?

Not too sure to be honest. I believe it will be announced in September possibly. But who knows on delivery.

I would personally prefer to see it like this

Untitled

Reactions: Bryant1998, FBF01 and SPIKE_
Screenshot 20200314 210904 Samsung Internet

Then there's this version which I don't mind the look of.

Reactions: DW81, RS03???, Bryant1998 and 2 others
Looks aside, the new RS3 Sportback should be a real monster in the compact segment once again thanks to its five-cylinder engine. The turbocharged 2.5-liter mill is said to get a healthy bump in output to around 420 horsepower, with Auto Motor und Sport reporting a while back an RS3 Performance could pack as much as 450 hp. It remains to be seen whether the rumor mill is accurate, but surely Audi doesn’t want the 416-hp Mercedes-AMG A45 S to win the horsepower war.

If the next RS3 gets flared arches. I'll be very tempted...

Sent fra min SM-N975F via Tapatalk

If it's not more powerful than the A45s, they may as well hang on for a while.

If it's not more powerful than the A45s, they may as well hang on for a while.

Agree, even a few bhp. First drives of the A3 suggest they've improved the handling. Hopefully with more development time they will have cracked how to make the RS3 clean but sound as good as the older ones.....

Reactions: FBF01

Doesn’t sound that great if this is the finished product, my 2019 OPF sounds much better, even more so now REVO mapped with valves fully open and pops and burbles added in!

Reactions: infernox and hawesy25
Does sound a bit muted.

Reactions: infernox
Agreed that it doesn't sound great. At least it's a 5 cylinder though and do we think that it has 20" wheels?
I'm currently struggling to find a reason to change. Although, I'll probably change my mind when it is eventually launched and I see one.

Reactions: infernox and rdj
Hard to tell Sound as it depends on recording equipment. But it does look very balanced through the corners despite the protest from the tyres.

Slightly off topic, I wonder how manual mode is engaged with the new gear selector.
I pretty much always drive in manual mode.

Attachments

• A202243_medium.jpg
    A202243_medium.jpg
    1,015.1 KB · Views: 281
Must admit, although it sounds very muted - it certainly goes like stink

I assume this is going to use a mildly map-tweaked version of the current DAZA lump? Or is there a new 5 pot engine revision in coming?

I think it could look great with some minor tweaks (wheels will be pants for a start as Audi have lost the plot in the that dept for me).

Shame it's going to be completely ruined acoustically by EU fun spoilers.

I assume this is going to use a mildly map-tweaked version of the current DAZA lump? Or is there a new 5 pot engine revision in coming?

I think it could look great with some minor tweaks (wheels will be pants for a start as Audi have lost the plot in the that dept for me).

Depends on what they are planning to do to the current DNWA engine, there's rumour of a mild 48v Hybrid system like it's bigger brother the RS6.

The DAZA engine went out with the WLTP reg changes and DNWA introduced. DNWA has different geometry, cams, pistons etc than DAZA for emissions.

It is likely DNWA will remain, but with some form of hybrid assist. Hopefully this is limited to torque filling and therefore smaller, lighter, short-range batteries

Reactions: Slowracer
If they sort the suspension and give it an extra 100 horses it will be a real proper RS car!

I think the favourite thing I’ve taken from this image are those rear arches. Looking really flared.

Agree with the comments above - looking good as long as Audi don't take the ***** with the pricing. Would also like one or two bhp more than the A45S, just because it'll be the newer car. Hope the exhaust sound is getting some work - I read a review of the new Porsche 718 Spyder and they said that sounded great despite the WLTP regs.....c'mon Audi no excuses!!!

Reactions: FBF01 and hawesy25
I think the favourite thing I’ve taken from this image are those rear arches. Looking really flared.

Having looked at images of the new standard A3 I'm not sure the rear arches are any different (could be wrong)...

Looks great though, but I couldn't afford the £50k + price tag with no extras.

It also doesn't matter what it looks like IMO, how's it sound?