What springs for 1.8 TQS saloon?

steveboyo

Quattro'd Caravan
Reaction score
Hi All
I feel as if all these so called experts at motorsport factors know zip. I have sent out 10+ emails, to various well known tuning companies asking for technical advice on what springs to fit to my car. I've had little or no response to this issue. Now if i wanted to lower it 30mm+ from where it is then there really is only one choice Eibach. But because i use the car for towing:sob:, i am looking to retain as close to standard ride height as possible. So a simple answer to an apparent not so simple question is needed.
Will any lowering springs for the 96-00 A4 Quattro fit an A4 Quattro with the sport shock absorbers?
As all figures qouted for lowering the car are from standard, and the 1.8 TQS is 30mm? down from standard. Could i fit ones that lower 30mm or 40mm from standard? That in theory would give me either the same height or a 10mm drop. Am i right to suggest this?
I could live with that as it's still a better option than paying £65.88 each for a rear spring from the stealers.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Steve

The shocks are physically the same wether they are sports or normal, so non-sport dampers and sport ones are interchangable, as are the springs.

Your car is currently lowered around 20mm on the sport springs, so fitting the eibachs will drop it another 10 or so. As your wanting stiffer rears for towing, i would fit the eibach pro-kit thats designed for the avant version of your car, instead of the saloon ones, as they are designed for a slightly higher axle load.

pretty much yes. the spring rates for an avant will prob be slightly higher on the rear and as long as the front are for a 1.8t and not a 2.8 they will be fine.ust go for the eibach.it may be slightly lowwer than it is now but it will prob sag about the same as they will be more progresive than standard springs.