What spark plugs are you using??

garyrmills

Reaction score
ive checked through the search section for this with no luck. i was wondering what would be the best plugs to get considering my car has had a stage 2 revo remap? not sure if this would make a difference (wether they get hotter or draw more current) but thought id check before i invest in some.

also anyone know the cheapest place to purchase some?

thanks in advance gary

Last edited:
BKR6EIX - iridium plugs with 0.8mm gap. IK20's which some people use are 1.1mm gap and this can be too big...certainly caused me misfire issues when the engine was hot.

do you think there will be any affects from stage 2 remap? and is there a difference between s3 and a3?

i was using std ngk audi recomended plugs untill i blew a coil pack the other day and found that ngk bkr7e are the recomended plug for stage 2 there not platinum so need changing every oil change

which oil are you using as well as im looking to change oil and filter aswel?? thanks gary?

Oil 5-30W fully synthetic. new audi & VW recomended

wheres the best place to get hold of the ngk bkr7e as cant find them and asked a few local shops and they dont have them ?

is there any particular pitch of thread or specifics to the ngk bkr7e as everywhere is saying there not for an s3? just wondering if its a particular type of fitment thanks gary

Last edited:
couldnt be a pain but could someone send me a link to any of these plugs ive been looking and there all for different cars grrrrrrrrrrr

I'm using denso IK22's gapped to 0.8mm, and they're been fine for 30k without being touched once!

PFR7Q are whats recommended for an s3, but BKR7E are the not platinum equivalant...so will require changing more often.

Actaully, the "7"s in NGK are cooler than the stock which is a "6" plug, (from audi).

I use the 7s and use the cheap as chips BKR7Es just change every 7k miles

Its also worth bearing in mine when converting from platinum to copper you should go one heat range hotter.
So i would have though BKR8E be a more popular choice lol

ngk bkr7e's on mine mate, need changing every oil swap but are cheap as chips off ebay (£10 for the 4 iirc)