1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What size winters for S4?

Spearo Sep 5, 2018

1. Spearo

Spearo Member

So .... what fits over the S4 front calipers ? I guess most 18 in rims will but can I fit 17s ?
    What have people got ?

Daggerit likes this.
  2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Daggerit

Daggerit Well-Known Member Team Floret Silver TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Audi S4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro

I can't say for sure that 17" wheels won't fit over the calipers, but from the 18" wheels I run I don't think they would. I have a set of B8.5 A5 wheels with 245/40/18 tyres on them. They have a more aggressive offset that makes sure they clear the calipers and look good in the arches as well. ;)

4. Spearo

Spearo Member

Okay so 18in rims will be the winter choice but what fitment should I go for .... I’m thinking 18in diameter with 8in width but the offset im unsure about ?
    My current s4 RS alloys are 245,35,19 et 40??? Is that correct?
    I’d like to keep a similar look so what offset should I look for on the 18in rims ???
    What winter tyre sizes are people running on what size wheels

5. Daggerit

Daggerit Well-Known Member Team Floret Silver TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Audi S4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro

See my post above for my setup. I'd say if you can keep close to the standard tyre sizes it would be better for your speedo and things. You're correct with your tyre size and offset above, and the wheel width is 8.5" wide. I'd use willtheyfit.com to punch in various options and see what the effect will be on the speedo and positioning of the wheel within the arch. :)