What size tyre for stretch and best choice tyre?

g10chy

Reaction score
Hi,

I have just bought some BBS CH's (reps) size is 18x8.

Im not sure what size tyre I should go for to give me a slight stretch. Also what is a good choice tyre at the moment I have the Bridgestone REO50A's fitted to my AVUS but is there a better choice tyre for money?

Cheers,
Chris

215's will give you a little stretch on 8's, with 195's being a bit more extreme, i have always found the bridgestones to be good, goodyear eagle f1's have better grip imo but they were stupidly fast, or toyo t1r's are very very good.

tom

I'm running 215's on an 8 and it's a nice subtle stretch. I wouldn't go narrower on an s3 as you'll start to compromise grip.
I run falken fk452's

I fitted PS2's all round just over a week ago and they are ****** great man. I'm sure I've gained a few bhp as well as a result. I can't believe how good they are. Wet or dry doesn't seem to matter, they just grip and grip and grip....

I've had Eagle F1's and PS1's on the S3 previously which were damn good but the PS2's take high speed cornering traction to another level.

i currently have bbs ch that are 9j wide i use falken 452's 225 wide gives nice bit of strech and the tyres are great for handleing

I find them pretty good really. I've used t1r's for the last 4 years, and recently decided it just wasn't worth running such premium tyres was pointless on my 400 mile commute.

I switched to the falkens in November and they've been good. Grip isn't noticably worse, the only time I really notice is under braking where it squirms a little more.

For every day use, they're great.

Avoid 35 profiles though, they're just too harsh! Stick with the 40's

Just spoke to my local tyre dealer and he was trying to get me to buy the ZE912s but went for the FK452s.

Which are the better tyre?

452 are falkens performance flagship tyre. The others are less sport orientated, prob a little harder, although my friend just put 4 on his golf and says theyre surprisingly good. If you ask me, 452's are such good value for money compared to any other top end performance tyre which are soo expensive

I'm ordering some of these next week :) .. I've got Conti sports at the moment all round good tyre wet and dry ..
Looking to go for stagered bbs ch's but not sure if having 9" rears may affect the handling ??

452 are falkens performance flagship tyre. The others are less sport orientated, prob a little harder, although my friend just put 4 on his golf and says theyre surprisingly good. If you ask me, 452's are such good value for money compared to any other top end performance tyre which are soo expensive

Nice one...think i have made the right choice !!!