What size spacers should I get?

Silvera3

Reaction score
Hi guys bit of advise please :)

I had my car lowered last week (2007 a3 s line) on 50mm h&r springs and I love it, but I think the car is screaming out for spacers on the rear. At the min I have the 5 spoke "ronal" et 54 wheels on 225/40/18 tyres.

Next week I will have the same size tyres on only with et56 offset wheels.

Any advise on what size spacers I should get?

Only really want to get rears, don't want any chance of rubbing as I often have back seat passengers! Was thinking of 5mm but wasn't sure if they wil be noticeable so was thinking 8mm.

Any help please guys?

Thanks

I've just fitted 12mm spacers on the rear and get occasional rubbing with nobody in the back seats. Only if I hit a pot hole or speed bump a little too quickly though. Pretty gutted as I wasn't expecting any with it not being lowered. Think there is a trim screw that can be removed, just need to find it today.

What is the minimum size spacers you can fit to the rear. I only fancy 8/10mm

What is the minimum size spacers you can fit to the rear. I only fancy 8/10mm
Out of intrest, why'd you only want to go 8/10mm on rear? 12mm are perfect and even lowered as low as possible on AP coilovers and with 2 people in the back I don't have any problems with rubbing or anything.

I've never seen a 12/10 setup in the flesh, so not best placed to comment - however I hate it when the wheels poke out proud of the arches. So my thinking of the 10/8 setup is that is would be just a little more than standard. My car is S-line spec on the standard suspension.

I've never seen a 12/10 setup in the flesh, so not best placed to comment - however I hate it when the wheels poke out proud of the arches. So my thinking of the 10/8 setup is that is would be just a little more than standard. My car is S-line spec on the standard suspension.
I went for 8mm on the front and 12mm on the rear after looking at loads of threads with pics of 10/12. Went for 8mm rather than 10mm on the front as I thought wheels sat out a bit too much with 10's and couldn't justify the extra £ for 2mm more.

If you're interested, I'm actually selling my 8mm and 12mm spacers next week as I'm putting my car back to standard ready for selling.

Last edited:
I went for 8mm on the front and 12mm on the rear after looking at loads of threads with pics of 10/12. Went for 8mm rather than 10mm on the front as I thought wheels sat out a bit too much with 10's and couldn't justify the extra £ for 2mm more.

If you're interested, I'm actually selling my 8mm and 12mm spacers next week as I'm putting my car back to standard ready for selling.

Could you put up a photo of your car, showing the 8/12. Are your alloys et 54 too?

Yes, I'm interested for sure. Please PM me details! Thank you.