What size are the fog light bulbs on 8l S3?

LiveWire

S3X
Reaction score
As title, have searched and not found the answer, noticed one of my fog lights are out so need to buy a new set.

H7 is what you need for the fogs mate.

Thanks for the confirmation, can go and replace them tomorrow now. Cheers

If im getting some to go with my HID's... Which would you guys go for?

I believe the standard factory (HID's) that came with the car when new were 8000k but I cant be sure.

Gonna get some that are similiar colour

Factory hid's i believe are 4k more white light. 8k are more on the blue side.

ive gone for 6k and i love them over the stock 4500k....to much "k" is no brighter just more blue.

6k is what i will be changing mine to, had them on previous car. Happy medium of good light and a nice blue tint!

Just out of interest James, where did you purchase your bulbs from? Sorry to hijack op's thread.

Got them off fleabay mate,under 15 quid for the two,dont search audi s3 etc just D2S bulbs,they work well considering how cheap they are,light is good and has no blur on the edges of the beam.

Standard S3 Xenons are 4300k i believe, however alot of people upgrade to 6 or even 8k.

Not sure if you are aware or not, but the higher the rating, the less light output there is.

Also for fogs, its generally not recommended to go down the HID route, as the yellow of the lights works better with fog.

Just my 2p worth :)

agreement it was 4300k standard, I changed mine to 6000k about 3 years ago. and still going very strong. :)