What size alloys 18/19?

AudiSport

Reaction score
I've decided I really want to fit a set of RS4 style alloys to my A4, its the later design that I'm after that are fitted to the B7 RS4's. However I have a few questions;

- Should I go for genuine 18'' alloys from Ebay that don't come up very often, and when they do you can guarantee they need some sort of refurbishment - or should I just buy a set of either 18'' or 19'' replicas?

- I like to keep my car OEM looking as pictured below, however sometime the RS4's in 18'' can look a little small. What size should I go for, 18 or 19''?

- And finally, should I go graphite grey or silver? I hate black - too chav for me.

02.jpg

Yeah 18's will look too small, well they do on my car. Id go for 19" RS4 reps. If I keep my car I'll be putting on 19's after winter.

If Yr gonna get reps make sure u get really good ones wld recommend Bm autosport, if Yr gonna put 18s on it will need lowered fir it to look right, that's the way I have mine. I think silver or graphite will def go wit yrs

19"s and LOW!, will look hot trust me, oh and go for silver, looks classy.

Hmm, really don't want to start lowering the car... Will 19" look that bad on standar height?
Any pics lads? ; )

Hmm, really don't want to start lowering the car... Will 19" look that bad on standar height?
Any pics lads? ; )

Why dont you want to lower it ? H&R`s actualy ride better than standard sline if you are worried about ride comfort. Before you spend your cash on wheels why not lower it and space out the s4`s it will look much better ! Buying rep wheels can be a mine field if you have proper S4 alloys I would be staying with them not swapping them for reps that most of the time are of cheap quality.

19's will still look fine on standard suspension setup. I went for 18's to keep the ride as smooth as I could but even I admit that 19's look better.

If you fancy some BBS CH's we could swap or if your planning on selling your wheels can I have first refusal? I've been after those wheels on yours for ages.

I'm currently running 19" RS4's on my B7 Avant s-line. Its now got coilovers fitted but previous to that I ran the 19's on std suspension and it sat fine. Personally I think the 18's are to small. If your after OEM RS4 style wheels you can try and pick-up some 19" A6 Le-Mans alloys. You will pay for them but make sure they have a lip around the outer diameter as this is where you can tell copies from origionals. Posted up my before and after pic on 19" RS4 Reps.

std suspension
26032010124.jpg

coilovers fitted
a.jpg