Help Please What should i be looking at problemwise on S4 when buying?

st3v3

Reaction score
Next week i'll be going to look at an S4 on a 15 plate with 19,000mls on it, what should I be looking out for problem wise??

Should of also said its an Automatic box with flappy paddles :)

Thanks
steve

Shouldn’t be anything to worry about, will be a late model so basically you’re looking at condition and spec - all faults were ironed out by this point.
Simple thing at that kind of mileage would be tyres and brake pads, make sure it’s had a service etc.
They’re brilliant cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I Have a A4 s-line tdi 190 at the minute but cant get my head round that its depreciating like a stone from a 4th floor window, with the god damn government say diesel cars are due for execution im a bit miffed to say the least!
So its either an S4 or an F-type?!

The only problem you should have is making time for all The fun.

Reactions: st3v3
Different kettle of fish there?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah I know,both cars are within 30 miles of each other, but went over to my local Jag dealer yesterday and the F-type felt so damn right, made me feel special lol

yeah I know,both cars are within 30 miles of each other, but went over to my local Jag dealer yesterday and the F-type felt so damn right, made me feel special lol
I'd buy an f type over an S4 anyday.
No comparison

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I Have a A4 s-line tdi 190 at the minute but cant get my head round that its depreciating like a stone from a 4th floor window, with the god damn government say diesel cars are due for execution im a bit miffed to say the least!
So its either an S4 or an F-type?!

Over the next 2/3 years do you think the S4 will depreciate less? As a percentage maybe, but in terms of hard cash... I’m not sure!

This aside, good luck with the S4 search / purchase. They are amazing cars!

I'd have an f type if I didn't need a practical car. They look beautiful.

My last car was a tt but you couldn't really transport passengers, building materials or a kayak with it!

A 2015 S4 will have the new CREC engine so indeed it "should" have the problems sorted. Unfortunately Audi introduced a new one - the supercharger clutch. Although the only UK cars I know of which have had their clutch fail have been tuned, when I researched it I found a few reports from the US (where the engine is used in other A- and Q- models) of clutch failure on stock cars. Indeed there is a revised part which is fitted if it fails. A slipping clutch will cause an engine DTC and should produce a dash warning. So it is very unlikely that the car will have this problem, however just to be sure, the engine ought to be redlined during your test drive (as if you wouldn't do that anyway :))

All owners of these later cars (or facelift cars for that matter) are hoping that the gearbox problems which faced the earlier models were finally fixed. However we simply don't know for sure. So during your test drive I recommend paying careful attention to how the 'box shifts. It should be silk smooth and almost un-noticeable in D. In S the rev-matching will make the shifts noticeable but they should still be quick and not jerky.

Reactions: st3v3 and Buxton2901