What should be in my "new" 17 A4 Avant?

s785

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm the proud owner of an A4 Avant S-Line 2.0 purchased this weekend through the very tempting approved used offer with 2 years warranty etc that Audi were doing in October.

Have had a chance to look through things today and it seems increasingly obvious that I should have a physical, printed Owner's Manual (from flicking through other threads referencing it, and the myAudi app has a owners literature page saying "Please note that Audi online manuals cannot under any circumstances replace the printed Owner's Manual".

So - please correct me if I'm wrong - but I should have one.
The dealer told me at handover that "these cars had a digital manual" when I asked.
I'll call them and demand one as that seems pretty shifty, but can anyone tell me what else could be missing? There is no physical paperwork other than the sales receipt and a print out of the digital service record. Should there be a physical service book? One thread mentioned the "CD that came with your car" which is also missing...

Thanks in advance for any advice!
Sim

myAudi (which seems to be synonymous, sometimes, with audi connect) is also telling me my "Audi Partner" should have nominated me as the owner so that I can use the App functions. Again I'd have expected that to be done when I bought the car! Anything else anyone things I should be raising with them, suggestions most appreciated

You should have received a physical copy of the owners manual but that would depend on the previous owner handing it over with the car. Service books went out of fashion some years ago and a print out of the service history is all you will get from the dealer. If you have the SOS button on the overhead panel then yes the dealer should have nominated you as the main user to access the functions of myAudi. If no SOS button present then the app functions are very limited.

You also should have had a business card/credit card with your unique number on to be able to be nominated as the owner. If that is missing, my local stealer quoted £50 for a replacement.
This will give you full functionality of the app. But in my opinion, the app isn't that functional in the first place unless you have a lot of extras that can be enabled remotely.

Should have had a printed manual. I did.

Ive just had the same conversation with Glasgow Audi i only got the owner manual i was told all the rest is online i never got anything with the car code on my local dealer quoted £70 ,so ive gone back to Glasgow Audi they said it could take weeks as it comes from Germany!!!!

Hi everyone!

I'm the proud owner of an A4 Avant S-Line 2.0 purchased this weekend through the very tempting approved used offer with 2 years warranty etc that Audi were doing in October.

Have had a chance to look through things today and it seems increasingly obvious that I should have a physical, printed Owner's Manual (from flicking through other threads referencing it, and the myAudi app has a owners literature page saying "Please note that Audi online manuals cannot under any circumstances replace the printed Owner's Manual".

So - please correct me if I'm wrong - but I should have one.
The dealer told me at handover that "these cars had a digital manual" when I asked.
I'll call them and demand one as that seems pretty shifty, but can anyone tell me what else could be missing? There is no physical paperwork other than the sales receipt and a print out of the digital service record. Should there be a physical service book? One thread mentioned the "CD that came with your car" which is also missing...

Thanks in advance for any advice!
Sim
Enjoy your new car but what year is your car? Older vehicles have little information within the Audi app, such as my 2016 version. I can only see a service record and details of the car. With newer versions you can see levels, lock and unlock the car...

Thanks for your replies everyone!
I called the dealer up and they are (supposedly, though it hasn't come yet) posting me a manual to replace the missing one. So that's a win. And luckily they did supply the code needed for connect registration etc still attached to the keys so no issues on that front, which sounds harder to replace.

Cuke2u - yeah unfortunately I think I'm in the same boat as you, its a 17 plate and you can see the service record only. But nevertheless I'd have wanted it to have me registered as the owner, which they've now done.

Does anyone find, as I've been doing, that the air con comes out very very cold regardless of settings until quite a long time (15+ minutes) into a drive?
This seems to be a bit of a pain especially for windscreen demisting - on any car I've driven before as soon as the engine is warm it can route warm air from there, but this one seems to pump round arctic temperature air on any setting (auto or manual "Hi") until a fair time later. Not sure why.