What service for my S3

Raiden

Reaction score
Getting a bit confused now I spoke to Audi in Watford.

So a minor service is due soon and spoke to a few independents and they either want silly money or are just not interested. Audi online say £169 plus £50 for a MOT so I phoned them to book it in and they asked how many miles do you do? I do about 10-12k and they said I should switch to long life but looking at a few threads people that seem to be doing it are doing over 18k a year. I said ill stick to what it has and when the service lights comes on again for a major service ill just book it in.

Car is not modded and I don't plan too. Plus I look after my cars so I don't see a real issue for it.

Should I just swallow the cost and go long life or just do it as and when it needs it? Car has full main dealer history apart from its last service back in Nov just before I got it. Its just all the other places I asked reckoned the cost of the oil makes it expensive. I know its a S3 but its not exactly a R8 now is it.

I paid £300 a couple of years ago from Audi slough which included one minor and one major service. I think the price has gone up to £360 now but car has to be a certain age. Mines 09 plate and qualifies.
I also had Audi price match a cambelt/waterpump change which cost about £400 all in and they give free mots for life, and have done 2 so far....luckily nothing flagged up :)

Last edited: