What Sat nav

AndyS-line

Reaction score
20150127 204654
I have just bought a a6 2010 and it has sat nav installed but I don't have a disc or a sd card in any of the 2 sd card slots. But I don't have the joy stick in the centre of the control. Here is a pic of software installed. Any help or advice be great as I'm wanting to upgrade maps I think it might be mmi 3g .

HDD based nav probably mate, so no it doesn't have the 2 media options.

HDD based nav probably mate, so no it doesn't have the 2 media options.
I cant seem to send you a pm mate i only have the option for start conversation or i cant see the send pm bit ant ideas

It is MMI 3G you have, and it is SD card based. however before you upgrade the Navigation you need to update the firmware as the 2014 work work with that version. The latest firmware version is BNav_EU_P0206_D1 google gps underground for more information

Thank for the reply. if its sd card based should it not have a sd card in of the sd card slots for it to run ?.

i have just bought the car and when i checked it over there was the dvd case in the glove box so i thought the dvd must have been in the unit.The sat nave worked fine driving from London to Glasgow and when i got home i checked and there is no disc in the dvd multimedia drive in the golve box. I even checked the 6 disc multichanger
and no discs in it .

The drive button may be locked out, that is why I asked if you can insert a CD.

All hard disk version of of 3G should start with HNav

And look like this

WP_20140603_017_zps85098e44.jpg

Also the part number of the nav software would indicate no hard disk

4G0-919-884-G ECE 5.10.5Europe2010 MMI 3G basic (no HDD,no 3D,no Joystick) need Activation SD card

tried to put Dvd in and i think it has a disc in it "drive button may be locked out" can it be opened ?.

Yes but you need vcds, were are you based someone local to you may be able to help.

Did you get a genuine cable, as most of the cheap ones on ebay won't connect to the 5F module.

Yes genuine one. I have an old fake one I had for my Bora but it's going nowhere near my a6 lol better safe than sorry