What Product for Cleaning Black Coated Exhausts ?

Snake Pliskin

Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Guys

@Bristle Hound & anyone else who may be able to help.

Can anyone recommend any suitable products for cleaning & protecting black coated exhausts ?

I've used regular metal polish and high tem wax on my previous cars but they have all had chrome.

I just nervous of using anything which is too abrasive & could strip some of the black coating off the pipes .. so any experience with this would be very welcome :icon thumright:

Ceramic coat them firstly mate,then use bilt hamber wheel cleaner diluted..as a pre wash then wash and just use a quick Detailer afterwards your really go struggle to keep the paint on them...my mums A1 black Edition has black painted pipes and it's only done 4k miles and the paint is slightly wearing away on the edges of pipes

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Ceramic coat them firstly mate,then use bilt hamber wheel cleaner diluted..as a pre wash then wash and just use a quick Detailer afterwards your really go struggle to keep the paint on them...my mums A1 black Edition has black painted pipes and it's only done 4k miles and the paint is slightly wearing away on the edges of pipes

Yeah that is my concern: the paint wearing off. Ceramic coating definitely sounds a plan to prevent contaminents building up in the first place.

@Snake Pliskin - My new X3 has gloss black exhaust tips too

Luxl6vZl.jpg

I cleaned and sealed mine with Britemax Final Shine sealent, which I already had in
Like you say steer clear of any product thats abrasive

Reactions: Pinky1959 and Snake Pliskin

Luxl6vZl.jpg

I cleaned and sealed mine with Britemax Final Shine sealent, which I already had in

Cheers pal ... I wouldn’t be concerned but I know a lot of the RS3 FL cars with black exhausts has the paint peeling very quickly.

Reactions: Bristle Hound
I use astonish cooker hob cleaner. Works a treat

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Luxl6vZl.jpg

I’ve checked that product mate & it says metal polish & sealer ... is it a very light polish then ... looks good though :icon thumright:

I’ve checked that product mate & it says metal polish & sealer ... is it a very light polish then ... looks good though :icon thumright:
Won't be using that again then !
Pleased I only used it once
Everyday is a learning day as they say @Snake Pliskin

I've got some C4/C5 somewhere in my detailing stock, so a coat of this will be applied next time the X3 gets a clean