what p.s.i. 235/35/19s ?????????

vorsprung dork

Reaction score
what pressure should i be running these tyres at! when i bought them the geezer said 38 p.s.i but to be honest he didnt seem very sure of himself!

it says on the in side post of the drivers door mate

Nah it won't cos that's a non standard B6 tyre size.

I know a couple of people with 19's who run them at 38, that shouldn't be far off.

thanks again james! seems that the man was right! this gives me an idea for a new thread!

now see i run my 235/45/17 at 35psi as i was told it should be 38 ish but 35 is a good alrounder

this is what i mean! ive been told to run my 205/45/17s 28 30 and35 p.s.i from 3 differant tyre places is there anyone that actualy knows what is correct!

The problem is that 205/40 x 17's were never a standard fit on our A4's, so there is no factory recommended pressure. It's pretty much trial and error really.

from my experience i have had 19's on for 3 years, kept my tyres at 35psi, checked every 2 wks cos i'm on the motorway alot, tyres have worn evenly never had any problems.

Whoops! I've been overinflating mine a bit!!

HiQ tyre pressure guide (LINK) which also includes torque settings, etc is pretty decent - buy you'll need to find an alternative car that has the correct spec tyres if yours are non-standard even for you exact model / year.

My car is an early B6, so only had 16's, with 17's as an optional extra, so that's all I could look up with my reg:

"215/55R16 Y" should be at @ 29PSI.... I run my winter tyres : @ 30-33psi (normally 32psi all-round), so a little high, but then winter tyres are supposed to be inflated so they're fairly firm to bite into the snow.

For my summer (S4 Avus, with S4 OEM spec tyres: 235/40/18):

I Googled Audi S4 B6 and found this IMCDB.com (LINK), the registration of which, I believe I'm not supposed to post here, even though it's been on TopGear, but follow the link if you need it.

235/40/18 should be at 36psi on an Audi S4, which is almost exactly the same weight as mine, so the 40psi that mine are at is definitely too high!

hmmm it say i should be putting just 30psi in mine yet on the car it states 38psi with 4 ppl in the car so 35psi is probly about right for a good ride and for me not to have to change it every time some one gets in the car lol

I've recently put 235 35 19 tyres on my B7 and am running at 36psi which seems ok to me...

Thats what I run on my 235/40 x 18's and they're not 'that' different.

I drive a 3.0 Quattro Cab (heaviest A4 variant?) - got 19's with 235/19s as yours....tried with 35psi all round and got inner shoulder problems on the fronts...ie they tore up badly and blew as they were getting deformed under hardish roundabout action - which is what all Quattros!
Gone for 40psi at front and 37psi at rear - no problems anymore!
Depends on many things...the car :weight:engine variant:drivetrain type....expence of tyre....etc

I'd say stay over 35psi for these sizes....probably 40psi at fronts to be safe....

235/40/18 should be at 36psi on an Audi S4, which is almost exactly the same weight as mine, so the 40psi that mine are at is definitely too high!

It says 39psi front and rear for mine. and with a boot full and 5 people in 42psi

Sam, that's pretty strange....

heaviest is the S4, then the V6 quattro TDI, then the V6 (quattro) petrol - more displacement, but it's modern alloy engine, without intercoolers, turbo's, etc..... surpised that yours say that high: but that's good as that's about the pressure I run mine at (often fully loaded).

I'm going to avoid commenting on 19's: they're not Audi spec for B6's, so don't expect to run "normal" pressures.