What other wheel options were available for a 2005 sport.

paul_r

Reaction score
Hi
I recently purchased this 2005 2.0 tdi A3 sport with these alloys. I'm not really overly keen on them, and am thinking of changing them.

What other alloys were available for this model. I want to keep the same size, offeset etc. Must be genuine Audi as well.

a3.jpg

This is the standard Sport alloy wheel, I quite like them, look chunky and modern. The other style you see is the lattice/cross spoke but see that more on SE models. IMO the later Sport wheels don't look as nice (current models) and look a lot more "ordinary".

The 18" S-Line wheels are nice though if you wanted to go bigger.

These are the cross spoke ones mentioned by c_w. I believe thse were an optional extra on the SE or Sport. I missed a set on ebay that were on at £150 buy it now with tyres right on my doorstep. £350 seems a bit steep to me...

Okay thanks. As an option i guess they would be a straight swap and still authentic for a 2005 model.
Yes, £350 is a bit steep, as they have damage as well. Then on the other hand, it wont be easy to find a set of used ones unmarked.

A better photo. What is the correct name or code for them.

I understand they were an option for the A3 from 2003 to 2008.

Apart from ebay, any tips on finding a good set.

a3 alloy.jpg

Last edited:
Are there any sites which list the genuine Audi alloys, offset and sizes and what models they came from. Basically so i can see what fits my A3.

thanks
Paul.

My 55 plate Sport alloys...

3.jpg

Those are quite rare on the A3, they are actually the Votex ones. Its a rare sight to see an A3 fully votexed with wheels, bodykit, spoiler and exhaust trims! They either seem to have the kit and standard wheels or the wheels and no kit!

Does anyone understand the ETKA part codes. The code for the A3 17" twin 8 spoke alloy is

8PO 601 025

then its followed by either BE, Z17 or BF.
Does anyone know what the last bit means. I would guess its to do with the style, but only guessing.

Those are quite rare on the A3, they are actually the Votex ones. Its a rare sight to see an A3 fully votexed with wheels, bodykit, spoiler and exhaust trims! They either seem to have the kit and standard wheels or the wheels and no kit!

Cool ! Thanks for the info! So has my A3 got any of the other Votex bits do you know then? Whats the difference?

Thanks
Dan