What order should I use this stuff in?....

Audibritz

Reaction score
The cars black hasn't really had a decent clean over the years by the looks of it and has a few scratches here and there.

I have a jet washer blaster thing and a basic electric polisher.

The stuff I have bought over the years (some of it never used because I don't know what I'm doing) are..

Autoglym shampoo conditioner
Autoglym ultra deep shine
Autoglym super resin polish
Autoglym extra gloss protection
Meguiars ultimate quik detailer
Meguiars clay bar
Meguiars ultimate compound
Meguiars NXT tech wax 2.0
Meguiars NXT tech wax spray
G3 scratch remover paste + waffle pads
ICE synthetic paste polish

If anyone could give me any advice on what to use from this lot in what order would be great

Cheers Sam

I'd start with your 'jet washer blaster thing' with some snow foam (valet pro citrus pre wash is also good)
leave that to dwell on car for 5 or 10 mins, rinse again with pressure washer.
  • wash car with your AG Shampoo (2 buckets and lambswool/sheepskin mitt)
  • Pat dry with microfibre towel (I use a waffle weave one by turtle wax)
Going with what products you say you have in your post I'd then use your
  • G3 scratch remover paste
  • Wash and Dry
  • Meguiars clay bar
  • Wash and Dry
  • AG Super Resin Polish
  • Buff off with some sort of decent microfibre/ buffing towel
  • AG Extra Gloss Protection
  • Buff off
  • Then maybe a wax of some sort?
​This is just my personal opinion of what I would use in that order, apart from the AG SRP and the clay bar I haven't tried any of the above products but I'm sure you'll be happy with the results if the car hasn't had a decent clean in years!......Good luck & hope you're feeling fit!

Luke's pretty much sorted you out. One thing I would note is:

- Use AG Super Resin Polish and AG Extra Gloss Protection
or
- Use Autoglym ultra deep shine

but not both. Ultra Deep Shine (UDS) is an all-in-one product (AIO) so contains polish and top coat. If you put Extra Gloss Protection on top it won't bond to the UDS. Autoglym state this on their website and in forums e.g. Detailing World.

Also I have used Ultra Deep Shine and would advise not to leave it too long before you buff it off as it can be a pain to remove.

On final thing: don't get the polish on any black trim on the car or you'll spend the rest of your life trying to get it off again! :)

Cheers for the help guys
Anyway I got in a mess yesterday, I thought I'll give it a wash as it ain't been cleaned in about 3 weeks. After drying it I came across this.....
d2509ff59a852393642ff9fd79891fb3_zpsbbdfc67e.jpg

obviously I got abit excited with the ****** jet washer and hit it too hard. Never again its going for the bin I think after this state

Cheers for the help guys
Anyway I got in a mess yesterday, I thought I'll give it a wash as it ain't been cleaned in about 3 weeks. After drying it I came across this.....
d2509ff59a852393642ff9fd79891fb3_zpsbbdfc67e.jpg

obviously I got abit excited with the ****** jet washer and hit it too hard. Never again its going for the bin I think after this state

Wow got abit to close with the pressure washer. But some good news is now once re painted it will look fresh :)

I'm not sure I nicked it out the parents shed and its going back tomorrow don't worry about that I don't wanna see it again. I'm not to worried anyway I had a few scratches on the rear bumper when I bought it where the chap before put his golf bag / trolley in the boot ( I guessed this because when I lifted the boot carpet up it was full of golf tees and score cards ) so it needed a spray anyway.

Eeek. Just to be clear, I have been using a pressure washer as part of my car cleaning routine for 3 years and have never had anything like that happen. I can't understand what's happened unless the lacquer was already damaged and the pressure washer has just finished it off. :(

Was it just the standard lance you used, something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_laM4oQYSM ?

and not a dirt blaster, which I think stands a good chance of damaging the paint: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN25Gtx2SBU