What next for my s4

GarethS4

Reaction score
Hi guys ,just new to the forum and looking some help on what to do next performance wise .Car is a 2012 s4 avant ,so far I have done a remap with sc pulley change ,cat back milltek and eibach springs just .Im looking into a brake upgrade shortly so really it's go faster upgrade advice I'm looking .Car hasn't been on a rr yet as the only one here is being installed as we speak so will be a few weeks before I know what I have .what should I be getting with the mods I currently have .thanks for your help .

I would be interested in this also. Just had pulley upgrade myself (revo 1+). Looking at exhaust options but don't want the dreaded drone! Looking at eibach springs and Arb upgrades.

Reactions: GarethS4
Scorpion is supposedly best for drone, quite a few people have said that it's completely drone free

My non-res miltek does drone a little bit but i can easily deal with it. i was a bit disappointed with the sound from the scorpion so went miltek, it's a bit louder but still not offensively loud.

Apparently the mid box on these does the vast majority of the silencing and most aftermarket exhausts keeps that box intact

I was thinking of going with BCS for the exhaust :

I'd look at getting a bigger chargecooler pre rd next.That will keep the IAT's in good shape during thesummer months

I'd look at getting a bigger chargecooler pre rd next.That will keep the IAT's in good shape during thesummer months

Any recommendation on chargecooler?

I put my own together,but the revo one is well priced compared to the others

Reactions: GarethS4
I put my own together,but the revo one is well priced compared to the others
Thanks, did think it would be worth going to Revo, everything else on my car is from them!

Reactions: GarethS4 and xpoweruk
Has anyone done more to the exhaust bar catback.im not mechanically minded so not sure what to do lol.wgen u say charge cooler ,is that intercooler type thing or totally different.would u recommend a dual pulley set up or leave it as just the single pulley upgrade.a lot of info I read is American based so don't even know we're to go to speak to anyone reguarding this.

What sort of figures should I expect to see with Apr pulley ,map and cat back.no rr available till next month .

APR Stage 2 with pulley, ECS Intake, Milltek Cat back and downpipes rolling road results = 478bhp, 415 ft-lb

Reactions: GarethS4 and xpoweruk
im just about to do all this with my s4 , is there a bigger crank pulley upgrade , ive also seen forge do a big charge cooler kit , any body any experience of these ?

I was thinking of getting my own exhaust made to ? is the miltek one the same diameter as standard does anyone know cheers

If you go with Apr or revo you have to use the pulley they sell.
The milltek is larger bore,but I cant remember the difference of the top of my head

Last edited:
Reactions: frankv27, GarethS4 and biscuittin
APR Stage 2 with pulley, ECS Intake, Milltek Cat back and downpipes rolling road results = 478bhp, 415 ft-lb
What downpipes are you running on your car and where did you buy them from.cant find anyone selling them .

Exhaust wise I'm running a full custom built cat back, non Rez downpipes, xpipe, and shortened straight through rear boxes

Very loud, huge amount of drone, very anti social :)

Reactions: xpoweruk
I was thinking of going with BCS for the exhaust :

Had these on mine - brilliant. You keep the resonators, so there's no drone. Traded the car before xmas and went back to standard. Got them for sale if you're interested?

Reactions: xpoweruk
Had these on mine - brilliant. You keep the resonators, so there's no drone. Traded the car before xmas and went back to standard. Got them for sale if you're interested?
Could be, how much, where are you based? pm if you want. Thanks Ian

IMG 0002

Reactions: ianv5
Believe you have to cut originals off? So do you use just a couple of clamps to attach. Nearly got some before Christmas as BCS had a sale but money was tight :-(

Yes Ian - it's a matter of eyeballing where to cut from offering up the rear boxes. The bcs pipes are swaged and slide over the std exhaust piping. Then a couple of exhaust clamps and paste - job done. At first, they sounded tinny, but as they sooted up a bit, the sound deepened and improved to a meaty rasp.
I refitted my std boxes using sleeve clamps to bridge the cut line, when I sold the S4.
I'm based on the edge of the Cotswolds near Witney in Oxfordshire and looking for £600. Not sure how to pm, is it 'start a conversation' from within a poster's signature?
Got more pix showing condition but I think you can tell they are mint and have been cleaned from time to time..... apologies for going a bit off topic from the OP's post.

If you click on ianv5 in my title you can start a conversation. You are not to far away, I am in Northamptonshire. Are you in a rush to sell? I have just gone revo stage 1+. Can you definitely confirm there is no drone? I have dsg and they are renowned for drone apparently.

Reactions: Geoff A
You'll get drone if you remove the resonators. Have pm'd you

Exhaust wise I'm running a full custom built cat back, non Rez downpipes, xpipe, and shortened straight through rear boxes

Very loud, huge amount of drone, very anti social :)
Don't suppose you got a video clip of your exhaust have you ? And drive by would be fantastic as I'm looking to get an exhaust made for mine

Don't suppose you got a video clip of your exhaust have you ? And drive by would be fantastic as I'm looking to get an exhaust made for mine

Hey bud Check my thread Chops S4 thread there's a link at the bottom of my page

Think there's a couple IG clips on there, need to get more but I'm on my own most of the time so it's hard to sort a camera man/woman

Reactions: biscuittin
Hey bud Check my thread Chops S4 thread there's a link at the bottom of my page

Think there's a couple IG clips on there, need to get more but I'm on my own most of the time so it's hard to sort a camera man/woman
Car sounds nice , not to noisy ( i did have a Subaru ) so most cars don't sound as noisy

Reactions: Chop.