What MPG do you get?

I get 17 around town in my rs4 mostly around town. When you think you get 21 from a 2l for an engine double the size its not too bad

i have the 2.0t engine and I mainly do town driving, I tend to get anything between 17 and 22 mpg. never goes above 24 unless I go on the motorway.

2.0t, 30-31mpg, town and mix of B roads.

My current 2.0TFSI Quattro does 30mpg with a bust thermostat.
My last 2.0TFSI FWD did 33mpg with a bust thermostat.

Hoping for a 3-4 mpg improvement once the 'stats done, especially this time of year.

That's mostly rural driving in low traffic.

Currently getting about 31mpg from a 3.0 TDI Quattro Cab
Mostly town driving and a heavy right foot!

I'm getting about 35-42 - on my a4 2.0 tdi and that's with a heavy foot!

I have a Quattro avant manual 2.0tfsi with the 220 BUL engine , mapped to a sensible 250bhp and to be honest I really couldn't say what my mpg is.
Urban driving I don't bother with checking the mpg as I like to "drive " my car and use superfandango 98ron fuel , therefore mpg under my circumstances is a bit pointless.
As i like to use my car and drive it i just put in the fuel whatever and whenever i need, if i wanted to be a fuel saving driver i wouldn't have bought the car as it is not really a frugal petrol variant.
m-way driving i don't really check that either but at sensible speed on a long run upto cumbria (300 miles one way) i get a good return for my pounds based per tank full of fuel.
just my input from a petrol drinking , petrol head that loves his B7...

Reactions: 344bigal
i got a tweaked 140 tdi, i aint going to make you all sick telling you what i can get out of it, but your all making me a little sick with all this petrol talk, cant wait to sell my bike and get a track toy. diesel is class on long runs and good round town but its the first i've owned and miss a petrol engine sometimes

I still prefer petrol tony, my tractors like diesel and I've had diesel cars but I allways come back to the explosive stuff in the end....
just sold one of my bikes , a bit sad to see it go , but now I can go outand buy something else that's as mad as a box of frogs....lol
have a good one chap.

Last edited:
Reactions: tony mc
My 2.0tdi 170 which has been mapped does on average 28mpg, rarely do I see over 35 and all it take is a bit of a heavy foot out of a junction and it's back in the 20's again lol

My 2.0tdi 170 which has been mapped does on average 28mpg, rarely do I see over 35 and all it take is a bit of a heavy foot out of a junction and it's back in the 20's again lol

wow, that seems very low for a oil burner

32 mpg avg around town - 3.0 tdi cabriolet

My 2.0tfsi cab is getting an average of 35mpg on the motorway on a 30 mile each way commute. Town wise 21-25.

3.2 litre v6 cab , get around 32 -33 on a run and around 25 round town. Have had it in single digits when really caning it though.

2.0 tfsi special edition with 220bhp Bul engine

Running on shell v power 98 ron fuel

36-38 (sometimes even 40) mpg on the motorway
25-27 mpg around town

My mapped 2.0Tdi 170 does anything from the low twenties if I can't lift my foot off the floor for a while.....to around the high thirties to low forties around town and on a good run if I'm sensible and don't play with anyone for long the low sixties.

I also miss my Turbo Petrol cars.....especially in winter as the oil burner takes forever to get the engine up to temp.

My mapped 2.0Tdi 170 does anything from the low twenties if I can't lift my foot off the floor for a while.....to around the high thirties to low forties around town and on a good run if I'm sensible and don't play with anyone for long the low sixties.

I also miss my Turbo Petrol cars.....especially in winter as the oil burner takes forever to get the engine up to temp.

Low sixties I can't get above 30.7 mpg in ours 170 tdi quattro mixed driving, in for a remap and dpf delete week on sat so I'll post up the difference

Reactions: carlcall
well

i got 45.6 mpg from my DTM

Attachments

• 14524982_10154466685360450_5211257205675308913_o.jpg
    14524982_10154466685360450_5211257205675308913_o.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 179
3.2 v6 Quattro avant average 25 mixed will do low 30's around 50-60mph, any other speed is low 20's

In a 50 mile trip to the remap place 95% dual carriage way I averaged 33 mpg with out putting my foot down once doing 70 ish. On the way back averaged 37 mpg but absolutely nailing it even hit 130 on the private runway part where there was no cars so overall happy. Gets around 35 mpg mixed driving so not too bad for a quattro!

Reactions: carlcall
My 140 tdi mapped to 180 is overall average of 38. I get mid 30s local and mid 40s on a run and I don't hang about either.

Oh and my fuel cost me 25ppl max hahaha

On a run down to Kent and back my average was about 45mpg and I had cruise set at 90 whenever possible. Not bad that I reckon

Mine is stage 2 270bhp. Managed 45mpg once on M25 :) was running out of petrol so was slipstreaming some trucks he he

Mine is stage 2 270bhp. Managed 45mpg once on M25 :) was running out of petrol so was slipstreaming some trucks he he

Do you feel that the remap has helped the MPG? I know from previous cars that if you have slightly more torque lower down you don't need as much throttle pedal to keep the car moving when on cruise meaning a better MPG.