what mpg do you all get from your s3??

s31urt

Reaction score
Hi, just needing a little help here guys looking to buy a s3 but have been told many different mpg stories wondered if some of you could shine a light on this.

Thanks Stuart

I do 68 miles a day, 5 days a week from Luton to West London. 50% motorway and have been getting around 30 mpg average. £80 a week without going anywhere else.

I went to Heathrow from Plymouth last week and got 400 - 410 miles to a tank and average MPG said 31.3 :)

Usually I get around 350-370 and anywhere from 28-20 mpg, mixed 60mph roads and stop/start traffic jams weekly

Your driving style determines you MPG

30 - 40 to work

10 if im lucky on the way home

Reactions: Pops848
The average number on the DIS usually floats between 26-28.
I get about 270miles to a full tank, usually fill up when the counter shows 20miles to emtpy.
Thats mixed motorway and town driving.

I've worked mine out properly as suspected the dis was lying to me but over 4 tanks have had 14-19mpg but generally my car does hardly any motorway miles and most of the driving it gets its driven fairly hard :whistle:
Also bigger tubby properly contributes ;)

If you do a search, this has been covered many times before.

As people have said, depends on how you drive it. On a long motorway run sticking to 70mph many of us have got 500 miles out of a tank which equates to 37mpg. If you want to use your bhp all day every day you can pretty much halve that.

Vpower means an £80 full tank. It usually takes me around 330 miles and I certainly don't drive like ms daisy.

If driven under 2500rpm, you'll see significant mileage improvement... towards 400 and beyond.

Like the guys say, it's all about driving style and in 3 years I have still haven't been able to resist the throttle on any one tank.

I would also say that my economy has been greatly enhanced by the new hybrid and manifold. My estimated range currently is at 450miles which is insane considering how I've been driving it today. I guess it's because the car isn't working as hard to achieve the same results.

A never any more than 390 miles to a tank,
i did manage to get from Glasgow to derby and half way back on 1 tank but that was Eco mental driving and I'll NEVER do it again :)

Yep... all about driving style... and maybe the size of your turbo :icon_thumright:

<tuffty/>

I got the same driving like a nutter or a granny !
Made no sence at all
But i didnt buy the car to watch the fuel gauge , We have a Bora TDI for that

I normally get 300 miles to a tank ... say 60-62 ltrs but this week I got 345 to 61 ltrs......... I must have been tired or stuck in traffic :(

found 19`s lowered my mpg 235 now

Since the new mani and hybrid...i've been blasting it this week. Still getting 350miles per tank. I'll have to get the calculator out. £80 full tank with v power.

i normally get around 350 around town, but in the winter i got 310.. weird... but on a motorway as i travel up to sheffield every other weekend i get around 35-40 mpg.

Pretty much the same as the above replies, 300 max really on a full tank of super.

380 max on full tank according to dIS

do 40 mile a day to work non motorway and get through 3/4 of a tank each week with some driving to and from gym which is 5 mile away

i also work 6 days a week so get about 280miles to £60 of tesco momentum

last time i counted i got 345 from a full tank, 70% B-roads 30% town driving with the odd bit of spirited driving