What MPG are B9 S4 owners getting?

Dmunday90

Reaction score
So here is my 1st post lol.

So me and my partner have decided to go for the leap and order a new S4. We currently have a 64 plate B8.5 2 litre tdi 177. As we only do around 6k per year, having another deisel seems wasted imo.

What mpg are you getting on average? I had a Mazda mps 5 years ago and I would generally see mid to low 20's on mainly B road and town driving. I am expecting the same tbh.

I'm just approaching 4K miles in my S4 Avant. Overall average mpg so far is 28.5 calculated using the proper method, ignore the trip computer as it's not accurate.
My driving is fairly mixed, 30 miles daily commute on A & B roads and a few long journeys.

Average 26.7 over 8500 miles.
34.5 being best, although if driven sensibly I got 37mpg on a run, but if sensible is your thing, go buy another diesel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your input guys. Considering the engine it is, the mpg figures look pretty good.
I was just wondering as the Mrs will drive it a fair bit and I will be enjoying it more over the weekends.

Hey there, considering the figures you lot are posting I think mine must have a problem. I've had it for 8 months and done nearly 9000 miles, the long term average which hasn't been reset at all is showing 23 mpg. I rarely reach the magic 30 mpg, even on a motorway cruise at 70mph. I usually drive it in efficiency and normally get about 260/280 miles from a full tank???

You might be better off using the short term...

Last edited:
Just hit 5 K, averaged 31.5 .. been checking with an app in parallel and the DIS is within about 2% of real (brimming tank to tank for last 5 months)...