What mobile phone do you have?

You can compare it on GSM Arena with other phones out at the minute, the lack of expandable storage would kill it for me straight away as the biggest they do is 32Gb.

Samsung Galaxy S4...

samsung galaxy s4 caught fire proof for samsung - YouTube

samsung galaxy s4 catches on fire samsung wants silence - YouTube

Just to add: We've kept our previous iPhones (2x3gs, 1x4, 2x4s) for 12 months (contract) & sold them all for the same price we paid or more when we upgraded to the newer models! they were all well looked after.

In contrast, I still have here an Original Samsung Galaxy Sxxxx(?) with a back cover that won't stay in place (since it was 3 months old) without tape! Mazuma offered £6 for it earlier this year. :(

...Good Luck with yours. :ninja:

Last edited:
iPhone 5 for me, just to add a bit of debate I've had android phone's and they all mess up for no reason where as my last... god knows... lets say five iPhones (probably more) have had solid OS's and been flawless other than being dropped and smashed to pieces haha plus there's always the Apple shop encase anything does mess up, which is usually me smashing them to pieces :blush:.

Let's face it, there's a phone out there for everyone! But if the one you currently have doesn't do what you want, then you've made the mistake of buying the wrong phone! You can't blame the manufacturer for that?!

I was Anti iPhone for years, and a Nokia man only, but after the N95 8gb, they produced crap! The N97 lasted a week before I went back to the N95(I still own both somewhere). I finally went with an iphone4 and never looked back.

Let's face it, there's a phone out there for everyone! But if the one you currently have doesn't do what you want, then you've made the mistake of buying the wrong phone! You can't blame the manufacturer for that?!

I was Anti iPhone for years, and a Nokia man only, but after the N95 8gb, they produced crap! The N97 lasted a week before I went back to the N95(I still own both somewhere). I finally went with an iphone4 and never looked back.

Let's face it, there's a phone out there for everyone! But if the one you currently have doesn't do what you want, then you've made the mistake of buying the wrong phone! You can't blame the manufacturer for that?! I was Anti iPhone for years, and a Nokia man only, but after the N95 8gb, they produced crap! The N97 lasted a week before I went back to the N95(I still own both somewhere). I finally went with an iphone4 and never looked back.
Agreed. My old N95 is still going strong with my sister.

Got a Galaxy S4, had the Iphone 4S the day it come out and hated it from the day i had it, now when i pick an iphone up i cant stand it and struggle to use it.How ever i know alot of people that love them as they are so user friendly. Dont know what im going to have next though considered an Experia but might have to try some out before i buy me thinks

iPhone 5 for me, just to add a bit of debate I've had android phone's and they all mess up for no reason where as my last... god knows... lets say five iPhones (probably more) have had solid OS's and been flawless other than being dropped and smashed to pieces haha plus there's always the Apple shop encase anything does mess up, which is usually me smashing them to pieces :blush:.

Yep and my closest Apple shop to me is a 100 mile round trip and you can't really just pop in either...you need to make an appointment! lol.

I have a Iphone5 and the battery is shocking tbh and the design around the edge could have been improved to stop the paint flaking/marking on the black version so easily

All about us city boys haha, battery is crap on all new phones but mine will last around two days as I've played with the settings, always close apps and reallocate memory. Could always sell (probably at a profit) and change to the dark side.

I've got an iphone 5 and the note 2. Personally i hate the iphone, it's so awkward to use, nothing is integrated, apps are all independent from each other. Luckily it's only a works phone so i only have to suffer it when working. It freezes, the camera crashes, it drops calls, it takes twice as long to do anything due to more steps having to be done, apple maps is useless, bluetooth doesn't work like it should, there is no customisation it's frustratingly restricted in what it can do. Ios is generally smooth.

While my note 2 does have some annoyances i can put any video file i want on it and it will play it, i can drag and drop, bluetooth works as it should, the battery lasts all day easily, you can customise so much of it, you can set apps to be defaults. I've got flash player, a megadrive emulator, a youtube downloader etc. The screen is big enough for the internet. Android is very smooth but samsung put too much extra on it and sometimes it will stutter, but it crashes less than my iphone.

The iphone is a dull phone to look at but the build quality is better than the note. Iphone battery is rubbish as is the lack of memory, my note has 80gb and i can swap the memory card over if i like.

My wife has the nexus 4, just upgraded to the nexus 5 and that is easily as smooth as ios.

Got rid of the iphone 4 and now have an HTC One.
Very content with it.

My HTC One now lives in a drawer, and an LG G2 has taken its place in my pocket.

First impressions:

Excellent screen... One of the biggest found on a smartphone (5.2 inch), but due to its almost zero bezel the actual phone is not as big as say the Sony Xperia Z1 etc which have smaller 5 inch screens or less.
Unbelievable sharpness. The built in sample video's clarity and HD'ness is crazy.

Build.... Front is fully glass, rear is plastic. Feels nice, and is solid enough. Feels better built than the Samsungs but not the HTC or iPhone.
LG have placed all buttons (power and volume) on the back of the phone, this allows for the phone's smaller than to be expected size. To be honest they could have just done away with the buttons altogether as you can turn the phone on/off or in/out of sleep with a double tap of the screen, and volume can be controlled in a number of software ways.

Speakers.... Worst I've had on a phone. Through earphones audio is good, but play anything through the speakers and it's very quiet even at full volume.

Software.... UI is nice and stable. No lags so far.
A few of the features I like..
Floating apps for true multitasking.
LG's "on-screen-phone" PC software allows you to view your phone's screen and fully control it (via wifi or USB cable) from your computer.
Special copy and paste function is useful as you can choose to paste from a list of text that you copied at various other times, not just the last thing you copied.

Battery.... Biggest available in a mobile at the moment. Single charge lasts the day easily, even with heavy use.

Camera... Good quality pics. There's a bit of a silly thing about it though.. If you take snaps at its highest resolution (13mp) it will do it in 4:3 aspect. The highest you can capture in full screen 16:9 aspect is 10mp.

All in all LG seem to have achieved a good balance between Samsung's all singing and dancing approach and HTC's sensible 'give you what you need' approach.

iPhone 5, never have anything but apple, same goes for my laptop and pc

Reactions: DAYTONA 500
Ads, why has the HTC one been relegated? Just fancied a change? I really considered the HTC one, but went for the galaxy s4 and sometimes regret my decision ha.

I might have to take a look at the LG, I've not read anything about it.

Ads, why has the HTC one been relegated? Just fancied a change? I really considered the HTC one, but went for the galaxy s4 and sometimes regret my decision ha.

I might have to take a look at the LG, I've not read anything about it.

Hello mate..

I was due an upgrade on my work mobile so had a look at the most recently released android phones. Was a toss up between the Xperia Z1 and the G2. The LG came out tops in almost every review I read so I went for it.

As for HTC One vs S4...sorry to say but reckon you might have made the wrong choice there! Don't you find the Samsung glitchy and laggy?? They start off well, but as soon as you've used it for a while I find they slow down too much for my liking. Hopefully this LG will be more like the HTC than the Samsung in that respect.

Hello mate..

I was due an upgrade on my work mobile so had a look at the most recently released android phones. Was a toss up between the Xperia Z1 and the G2. The LG came out tops in almost every review I read so I went for it.

As for HTC One vs S4...sorry to say but reckon you might have made the wrong choice there! Don't you find the Samsung glitchy and laggy?? They start off well, but as soon as you've used it for a while I find they slow down too much for my liking. Hopefully this LG will be more like the HTC than the Samsung in that respect.

You're exactly right mate. Started off as fluid as can be, but the last few weeks it's slowed right down. Yesterday it crashed about 7 times, no joke!

I was so close to getting the HTC, but I had the HTC one X last time, so fancied changing brand. I am considering selling this and grabbing a HTC one though. :(

How was the HTC camera? I really liked the idea of a camera that's good in low light.

You're exactly right mate. Started off as fluid as can be, but the last few weeks it's slowed right down. Yesterday it crashed about 7 times, no joke!

I was so close to getting the HTC, but I had the HTC one X last time, so fancied changing brand. I am considering selling this and grabbing a HTC one though. :(

How was the HTC camera? I really liked the idea of a camera that's good in low light.

I found the HTC camera to be just ok. I think it's only 4mp but uses some electronic jiggery pokery to make it perform as if it's got a better lense. Truth is that I found it to be pretty poor in anything other than good light and very unforgiving focus-wise if you move when taking a snap. Also, there's a bit of an issue with purple tints to dark and black areas of photos.
Compared to the iPhone 5 for example, it gives significantly lower quality photos.

If photos are your thing then I wouldn't recommend the HTC One, but if you just want something that can take reasonable snaps then it's good enough.

They're not my thing really, but a decent camera for snapping the kids is a must. The s4 performs ok indoors, I can't really complain. But I remember reading about the HTC one and the magical 4mp lens. I'll read up some more before I sell this first. Don't want to jump ship and then regret it. I did consider the nexus 5 too, but again I just want a decent camera. The HTC one X was poo indoors, which is usually where I take my photos.

They're not my thing really, but a decent camera for snapping the kids is a must. The s4 performs ok indoors, I can't really complain. But I remember reading about the HTC one and the magical 4mp lens. I'll read up some more before I sell this first. Don't want to jump ship and then regret it. I did consider the nexus 5 too, but again I just want a decent camera. The HTC one X was poo indoors, which is usually where I take my photos.

If you're going to jump the S4 ship I wouldn't go for an HTC One now. Might as well go for something newer and more powerful. The bigger screen, bigger battery, better processor and better video recording of the LG won me over, but there's the Sony, Nexus, etc to choose from too. Also shouldn't be too long before the HTC One Two (or whatever they're going to call it) comes out.

If you're going to jump the S4 ship I wouldn't go for an HTC One now. Might as well go for something newer and more powerful. The bigger screen, bigger battery, better processor and better video recording of the LG won me over, but there's the Sony, Nexus, etc to choose from too. Also shouldn't be too long before the HTC One Two (or whatever they're going to call it) comes out.

Yeah, I did wonder that too. I always try to avoid buying new phones but I'm a geek...I just love a new toy. I suppose the nexus 5 might be good, the galaxy s4 would probably sell for almost as much as the nexus costs.

I'll have a Google tonight. :)

Will stay with I-phone, everything I own is Apple- Laptop, Desktop, Ipad, Ipod, I phone - everything in sinc, very happy !!!

Reactions: Wicked666 and s33nyboy12
I have had the iPhone 3, 4, 4S and currently setting a new record I think with my 5 that I have had for 14 months so far...

Will probably get the 5S when my 5 give up but for now it's still doing fine

I went for the HTC one as I am bored with the iphone. Pretty much the same phone but with a fingerprint thingy on it.

HTC one is a very decent phone. Much bigger screen and bigger keyboard for my fat fingers so I can text now! It was also cheaper monthly cost on 4g. and higher monthly download allowance.

We will see, I will update once I have used it for a while. But right now I am very happy with it as a smartphone.

I have a iPhone 4S and a samsung galaxy ace 2 the Samsung is crap but it's for work

I have a Samsung Galaxy S2, it was actually the wifes and she wanted an iphone, so i upgraded to an iphone 4s and gave that to her and i took on the Samsung.

To be honest, I actually use the phone as a phone, with the odd additional bit, mainly internet browsing and the odd photo.

I am slightly annoyed with it now though, as it was on ICS, but I updated it via Kies on the laptop to 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) and had nothing but issues with it, it keeps freezing and crashing, if i do an internet search, it literally takes about a minute for anything to even show up on the screen.

Very frustrating when out in public and needing to do a 'quick' search for something.

Anyone else had any issues??

I have a Samsung Galaxy S2, it was actually the wifes and she wanted an iphone, so i upgraded to an iphone 4s and gave that to her and i took on the Samsung.

To be honest, I actually use the phone as a phone, with the odd additional bit, mainly internet browsing and the odd photo.

I am slightly annoyed with it now though, as it was on ICS, but I updated it via Kies on the laptop to 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) and had nothing but issues with it, it keeps freezing and crashing, if i do an internet search, it literally takes about a minute for anything to even show up on the screen.

Very frustrating when out in public and needing to do a 'quick' search for something.

Anyone else had any issues??

There are a few possibilities (perform in this order)...

1) Check how much space you have on your phone. If your available internal storage is below or close to 1gb then this could be the issue. Delete some files and see if this speeds things up.

2) Try removing your battery for 30 seconds. Normal reboots/power cycles won't always clear your RAM, especially if you have fast boot enabled as your phone is never totally off... even when switched off! :faint:

3) Long shot, but have you tried downloading a RAM/memory cleaner app?? Sometimes an OS update can get 'stuck' in your phone's RAM and leave only a tiny bit of space for other apps to run. Or you could possibly have some other cr*p slowing things down.

If you are still having problems then it's more than likely a rouge app causing the problem, so you can either delete apps one by one to see which one is causing the problem - or, and this is what I'd do, do a factory reset. Sounds extreme, but the time spent trying to identify the one problem app will probably be a lot longer than resetting the whole phone and reinstalling only the apps you need. Test the phone's responsiveness after each app you install and if it slows down then you'll know which one is the culprit.

Hi Ads

Hope you are well mate, its been a while :)

OK, just checked my phone and the system storage on it is showing as 858mb/1.97gb, usb storage is 5.46gb/11.50gb and SD card is showing as 0.90gb/1.84gb. So i guess the first thing to do is clear some space from my phone.

Is there anything in particular i should be looking to clear off???

I have done a battery pull quite a few times and left it out for a few minutes, but still the same.

I am using the internal ram clearup and regularly run that, but its still the same.

Thanks
Nilz

Hello mate... I'm all good thanks.

Bit confused by those figures you gave... what are the two figures you gave for each type of storage?? Usually it should be one for free/available, and one showing the full/original amount.

But yes, I would say you need to delete quite a lot of files... especially if your system storage is down to 858mb.

The files that take up the most space are videos and photos. Either delete some or transfer them to your PC and then remove from your phone. This alone will probably free up a few GBs of space, depending on how much you've used your phone for photos/videos.

Its also better if you change your camera settings to save all new photos/videos to SD card rather than the phone's internal storage. This should help prevent your phone from filling up and slowing down again.

Hi mate

Im presuming the figures are used\available, i cant be sure though as it doesnt say anywhere which is which!!

Im pretty sure all the photos/videos are on the memory card as well, but will double check that now if i can.

Can't be used/available for the system storage as one of these numbers would be a lot higher than the other one.

In your storage settings you will be able to see exactly how much internal storage is being used for which type of file.... i.e. Photos.. Apps.. Music etc.
From there you will knew exactly what to delete to free up the most space.

OK I have just been into the storage settings and it shows device memory - total space 1.97gb, applications 632mb and available as 1.23gb.

Then it shows USB storage - total space 11.50gb and available as 6.05gb.

Finally SD Card - total space 1.84gb and available as 0.91gb.

Only the USB Storage shows the breakdown of apps, pics, audio etc... the device memory just shows as above.

I've had an iPhone 4s 32gb previously which did me very well for a year until I got bored (standard) so I bought a Galaxy S3. Was very disappointed with it throughout the whole ownership as it just seemed slow and like I was waiting every time I wanted to do something on there!
I now have an iPhone 5 64gb, bought it a week before the 5c and 5s came out, so not great timing, but it's doing everything I want it to for now. The battery isn't as bad as the complaints I hear from others, it was brand new though and when in the office I try to let it drop down to 5% before recharging it slowly via USB.

So i booted the phone up in recovery mode and cleared the cache partition and the phone seems to be running ok at the moment, so lets see how it goes :)

Sell me your HTC one...I just killed my s4 :( Fell off the worktop onto a hacksaw and that's the end of it. Considered getting the screen fixed, but I might as well flog it broken and change my phone. Even if I do it myself it's gonna set me back about 140, and that's with the eBay "genuine" non-genuine parts.

I'm so annoyed about it though.

Decisions decisions to be made. Currently using my old htc one X that I accidentally forgot to sell ha!

Sorry to be a 79 post Apple vs Android combo breaker but I have a Nokia Lumia 925 - I like it