What mileage has everyone's car done? When is enough enough?

107k 51reg S3. However when its cleaned it does show bit of wear and tear.

153k here and still going strong - German Quality shines through! :)

133k tdi 130

original clutch and turbo, gear box a bit noisy and a few clonks from the suspension
still drives really well though, and a solid 55mpg, over 60 in granny mode

166K on a TDI 130
Still original clutch, but the turbo did let go after 130K, when I was trying to find out how fast she would go on the autobahn

Not an Audi, but a VAG non the less. My B5 Passat Estate TDI 115 PD on original clutch and turbo just turned 210k today and pulling strong. Tuffty can verify, as he was with me.

90FE4F0A-FF4D-448B-95B1-5E224CC652E0_zpswu0ldpr5.jpg

Reactions: kanecullen89, Mi11ar, VAG-Slag and 2 others
Dolphin grey 2000, gen 85k with low comp on number 1 cylinder, suspect piston ring failure, will be stripping this coming monday to do all 4 cylinders, full gasket set, big ends/rod bolts, oil pickup clean, timing belt kit, water pump, oil pump....hoping to have her back up and running by friday, lovely car to drive and in ex condition bar engine issues.

ive had my 2003 s3 since june bought with 54000miles now coming up to 59000miles its a great car in nogaro blue with full ivory white leather cambelt water pump done at audi tec chelmsford essex just had new maf car seems to be running a lot better run it on vpower nitro getting 35mpg

ive had my 2003 s3 since june bought with 54000miles now coming up to 59000miles its a great car in nogaro blue with full ivory white leather cambelt water pump done at audi tec chelmsford essex just had new maf car seems to be running a lot better run it on vpower nitro getting 35mpg

Mmmm.........sounds good dude

127k miles - feels OK - new dampers from last year feel shot already so looking at coilovers, needs a bit more TLC and think replacing all rubber hoses with silicone ones soon as the few bits and bobs I've done since buying it the hoses have been looking tired. It's getting oil change, all filters, possibly an air con regas and a coolant flush on the weekend, a wash and maybe a polish if the weather holds up. The new MAF from 6 months ago seems to have given up too....grr...

It is the most practical car I've owned, I moved house a few months ago and used it - just helped a mate move house today and it is cavernous in the back with the seats all the way down. It looks good, it goes pretty well, I can get 40mpg on a run and is pretty much of a bargain considering I got it for a grand. I've spent £2.5k on it with all fuel, parts, labour (when I haven't had time) and replacement bits, in the 15 months I've had it. I've got another £900 to spend on it I reckon to make it perfect - remap, coilovers, paintwork and I'll be happy. I do fancy an B7 A4 2.0T but I just can't justify the price when this one is perfectly capable. I can't see an A4 being much better other than looking better, insurance is £100 cheaper on the A4 though but my renewal is up next month so will see what I can get it down to.

35 mpg with nitro? WTF? I'm sure that's not possible. You had it de-mapped or something? :unsure:

Mines showing 166k @ but as posted in another similar thread unsure cos I think its had new clocks/dash at some point so its probably actually 245k its had a top half rebuild new lifters etc, solid flywheel conversion and it drives like a good un.....:kissmyrings:

B5 TINTS

115k was 90k in May when I bought it and 2 Months ago its had a younger engine fitted with 70k on it, I then came of the road and had to replace the gear box and fitted a solid state flywheel.

I'm hoping after all that it's going to last a while :tapedshut:

My old girl is about to tick over 150k. Has been running just fine, but am in the process of poly bushing the whole lot and generally tidying her up. I know that she is not worth anything near what I am spending - but that's not what it's about IMO. Once it's done it will be satisfying!

Reactions: CMcKenzie and Mi11ar
Just over 138,800 miles, still on the original turbo as far as I know. Got no receipts to say it's been changed and still pulls like a train.