What mileage best mpg

Martha

Reaction score
What mileage will a 2.0 tdi give its best mpg.

I have done 7,000 in my 150 bhp tdi but on long trips mileage is between 53-62 mpg.

In my 54 reg 140 bhp Golf I would do 62-70 mpg.

Will my vehicle mpg improve with mileage.

Cheers

Martha

What mileage will a 2.0 tdi give its best mpg.

I have done 7,000 in my 150 bhp tdi but on long trips mileage is between 53-62 mpg.

In my 54 reg 140 bhp Golf I would do 62-70 mpg.

Will my vehicle mpg improve with mileage.

Cheers

Martha

Which 54 reg golf gave you 70 mpg!

Reactions: Pook and Max-Robbo
Just passed 41k miles 90% m'way driving. 52.9mpg average, 56.4mpg best achieved so far tracked for 8215 miles. 53.7mpg was my average for my previous A1 1.6 tdi, so over all I'm happy with what I'm getting now. These are properly calculated & therefore accurate figures & not taken from the DIS, which would put my average nearer to 54.6 mpg.

Last edited:
I've just gone past 10,000 miles in my 184 2.0 tdi (S-tronic and Quattro). The average consumption according to the on board computer is 49.5 mpg. I mostly do longish motorway journeys.

20160706 0753351

I've just gone past 10,000 miles in my 184 2.0 tdi (S-tronic and Quattro). The average consumption according to the on board computer is 49.5 mpg. I mostly do longish motorway journeys.

Another 184 2.0 tdi S tronic quattro. 11,000 miles and 52.4 mpg lifetime average (90% A road/motorways and skewed a bit by M3 50 mph limit :-() ). Was showing good economy figures from 1,000 miles onwards. Best journey of 63mpg which was last week.

184 Manual front wheel drive - 25,000miles. Lifetime average of approximately 54mpg, mostly A roads with monthly 6 hour motorway cruise to plymouth and back to visit family.. Weathers gone warmer at the moment so starting to see a more regular 55-57mpg on fill ups.

What do you guys get average round the doors with a bit of medium journeys mixed in. I'm averaging about 45mpg (2.0L 150 s-tronic). Was hoping for slightly more but I think it's the stronic costing me. Only done 2K so far.

Reactions: pburv
What do you guys get average round the doors with a bit of medium journeys mixed in. I'm averaging about 45mpg (2.0L 150 s-tronic). Was hoping for slightly more but I think it's the stronic costing me. Only done 2K so far.
I think your engine needs to 'run in' before you get the full potential of better mpg's. It should improve quite a bit after 10,000 miles or so..:racer:

Reactions: Gordo77 and Pook
Glad things will improve, as at moment getting 5-10 mpg less than golf get tdi 140 bhp 54 reg.

150 bhp engine should give me better.

I have a 70 mile daily journey in a 2.0 181bhp. If I drive like miss daisy in effiency mode will get 71mpg. If I go with the traffic flow but keep it around 70mph ish will get low to mid 60mpg. If I drive ahead of the traffic will get low to mid 50mpg. Overall mpg is 59mpg over a couple of thousand miles.

I'm in the 1.6TDi s-tronic and do mostly town driving with some motorway/A-roads thrown in every week at some point and get on average 47-50mpg around town and 65 + on a run. Those just off the DIC.

I don't think the S-Tronic makes any difference nowadays. They are just as good if not better than the manuals.

I think your engine needs to 'run in' before you get the full potential of better mpg's. It should improve quite a bit after 10,000 miles or so..:racer:

I would agree with that... 10k miles seems to be the point where mpg seems more noticeable, as the engine has loosened up a good bit by then.

Reactions: pburv and Pook