what make of discs?

newbster

Reaction score
I need to change my front discs again, I'm getting a bit of judder under light braking, google suggests this is due to the cheapish discs from ECP (pagid I recall) which are ok for a year or so then develop disc thickness variations which cause the juddering

what's a good disc for normal road driving? its a 1.9tdi so not so much hooning being done.
cheers

I have always used pagid. They are oe and manufactured with pagid I believe. Pagid is a good make.

Reactions: sam4191 and sheeran
I use ATE - these were standard OEM on the S3 and I've been very happy with them for the last five years. Admittedly they're getting a bit worn now and I'm looking to replace them in time for the winter but I've not experienced any vibrations or squealing. I'll be getting them again. Purchased from Camberley Auto Factors for about £200 with pads/discs for front and rear (including the optional rust treatment coating).

thanks chaps
ordered some ate last night, best deal was from "carpartssaver", when I got the paypal notification, its actually euro car parts, under a different name, but a bit cheaper that their ebay prices.
I'm sure there is a very good marketing reason for this, but its beyond me.
maybe to attract the "I'll never use ecp again" crowd?

My ECP bought Pagid discs didn't last long either, and I'd say I'm very sympathetic when it comes to braking.

I've Brembo discs ordered to replace them and hope they last a bit better.

As far as I am aware, Pagid come with a 25k mile, 25 month warranty. We use them at work - not had a problem reported yet. Avoid 'national' discs like the plague. I've had 3 sets warp within 18 months on different cars.

is it not that the pads which are causing the discs to warp, or the foot?

I have mintex drilled and grooved discs, very good stopping power, been on for coming up to three years now with no issues.

just been to check my service records, the discs have over 30k on them,, I could have sworn I fitted them about 10k ago, how time flies.
so, not so bad as I thought.

Reactions: Mark Greenall