What make are you going to buy next?

What make have you recently bought/or will buy the next time you change your car?

• Audi

• BMW

• Mercedes

• VW

• Other not listed

• Not made my mind up yet

Results are only viewable after voting.

S32B

Reaction score
There was a post similar to this a few years back but I can't find it, just thought it would be interesting to see if/how people's opinions of Audi have changed!

I've put it here as it's the buieset forum, so hopefully more people will see it/vote!

If you have changed to another make feel free to post your reasons why.

Reactions: pburv
Ill be honest,im looking at maybe,ford.....mini..bmw..mercedes....like audi but prices are getting stupid,if i went for a merc it would be used most probably,the rest new or demonstrator, but i will be looking far and wide for my next car,but will be a max of 400 a month and max of 1 to 2 k deposit

Reactions: pburv and S32B
I will more than likely get the new shape S3 but will wait a while until there are decent deals to be had . Plus I have only had my current S3 11 months from new so there is no rush at all to change .

Ill be honest,im looking at maybe,ford.....mini..bmw..mercedes....like audi but prices are getting stupid,if i went for a merc it would be used most probably,the rest new or demonstrator, but i will be looking far and wide for my next car,but will be a max of 400 a month and max of 1 to 2 k deposit
my vote was on 'other not listed' . My lifestyle has changed since 2015 and I find myself in need of a bigger 4x4 than the wife's Q3 but also I like the power my S3 gives and I know I would miss that terribly. I have looked hard to get something which would give me the bhp I am use to and have decent off road capability.... Interesting post @S32B :thumbs up:

All depends on what I'm doing as a job, but more than likely Jaguar F Type V6 S or an RS5 sportback if people can find a way to get the sound from a PPF model

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

I voted BMW, as I recently (last month) went from S3 to X3 M40i.

Nothing apart from an RS5 caught my attention in the Audi range. But £70k was a bit hard to swallow.

If the next RS3 looks like the one in the picture, I may be tempted back to Audi. But it just depends on the new A3 interior.

RS3 image

Reactions: Chris4410, Snake Pliskin, pburv and 2 others
Oddball choice, also in the other category.

Very similar to my S3 though, in as much as it’s all wheel drive, it’s ****** fast, and the build quality isn’t quite as good as was advertised to be. It’s more comfortable though, quieter, and goes about 5 times further on a ‘gallon’ than the S3 ever managed.
479419B8 2123 41B5 B1A4 41BA45D8E4D7

Reactions: Jassyo06, wab172uk, Booti and 1 other person
I voted BMW, as I recently (last month) went from S3 to X3 M40i.

Nothing apart from an RS5 caught my attention in the Audi range. But £70k was a bit hard to swallow.

If the next RS3 looks like the one in the picture, I may be tempted back to Audi. But it just depends on the new A3 interior.

View attachment 197579

Very similar here.

I also really like the RS5 but it’s too big really in sport back & the coupe doors are a pain in car parks & my garage.

So my front runners are the new RS3 or Merc A45.

Reactions: wab172uk, pburv and Sandra
Very similar here.

I also really like the RS5 but it’s too big really in sport back & the coupe doors are a pain in car parks & my garage.

So my front runners are the new RS3 or Merc A45.

Funny you should say that

Went to Merc this afternoon.

Going back later next week for a test drive.

6a5822eb49a6480616df5296d3c039f3.jpg

b47670246ca0f54cd704a94fb665ee19.jpg

0e9cc099977f855b85ffe5962bc1f6f9.jpg

debca323660ea7b59d8745c37c48277a.jpg

e76c05e06c6eeda435eeeca5af7e420d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ron240, wab172uk, Lehn and 3 others
Those seats look a bit tight Sean ;)

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and 8YARWY
Audi prices have went a bit daft for the S and R ranges lately, getting more for your money with other marques so don't think i'll be going down the audi route. I've no brand loyalty and not a badge snob so spoiled for choice!

Think I'll be going down the RWD route a BMW 140i is calling me. Big engine in a small car with loads of character. Don't think we'll see those type of cars manufactured again the way things are going.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Reactions: quattrorally, Terminator x and Goner
Ive always wanted a Porsche, circumstances didn't make a two seater practical before now. So the next change in about 18 months will definitely be a 718.

I may even consider a TTRS, but it would have to be awesome to tempt me away from the 718.

Never had an AMG and fancy one for a spell just to complete the German performance triangle. Having said that I love the look of the new RS6 but it’s a lot of cash.

Part of me is torn between spending what I do every month on cars and knocking it on the head altogether by buying something older outright. Still got a while in the RS5 to make my mind up!

Reactions: Terminator x
Badge Snobbery really only serves to limit choice. If I hadn’t opted for one of Elon’s electric roller skates my name would definitely be on the list for a Toyota Yaris GR, and an Alpine A610 would definitely be on my reserve shortlist.

I’m changing next May (2021) and it will either be an m-sport 1 series on the m-sport 2 series gran coupe.

Reactions: pburv and Snake Pliskin
Funny you should say that

Went to Merc this afternoon.

Going back later next week for a test drive.

6a5822eb49a6480616df5296d3c039f3.jpg

b47670246ca0f54cd704a94fb665ee19.jpg

0e9cc099977f855b85ffe5962bc1f6f9.jpg

debca323660ea7b59d8745c37c48277a.jpg

e76c05e06c6eeda435eeeca5af7e420d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha ha nice one mate :)

great minds think alike !

Nice car that ... regular S version - which I kinda like as it’s a bit more subtle without the aero - but you get the seats / same engine etc.

how did the alloys look on that car & your thoughts on aero / none aero ? I’ve yet to see one first hand but in & out they look incredible on the videos I’ve seen.

Never had an AMG and fancy one for a spell just to complete the German performance triangle. Having said that I love the look of the new RS6 but it’s a lot of cash.

Part of me is torn between spending what I do every month on cars and knocking it on the head altogether by buying something older outright. Still got a while in the RS5 to make my mind up!

I quite fancy C63, Just fancy a 6.3L V8 for a while before they get outlawed by the hippies

Reactions: SaraS3 and pburv
I quite fancy C63, Just fancy a 6.3L V8 for a while before they get outlawed by the hippies

Having had A V8 M3 and M6 the only thing that puts me off that particular C63 is the RWD. Quattro has spoiled me. Trying to get the power of both of those cars down was tricky and I got fed up wheel spinning away from round-abouts.

Reactions: pburv and scobie140
Ive always wanted a Porsche, circumstances didn't make a two seater practical before now. So the next change in about 18 months will definitely be a 718.

I may even consider a TTRS, but it would have to be awesome to tempt me away from the 718.
@D0C had a TTRS.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Haven't made my mind up yet but it also depends of what my girlfriend wants to be driving. I'm in the lucky situation that I found a girl driving and PFL S3 so I know it will be something funny at least since she's as much into cars as I am ;) But we will definitely be looking at Audi, BMW or Mercedes.

I've always wanted a Porsche too. Nearly bought a GT4 last June. Really wanted one, and the spec was right. Unfortunately It's strictly a 2 seater, so didn't fit the circumstances. 2 adults + Dog

So thought about a 911 Carrera T. Had a spec I wanted, and just before Christmas `My` spec came available within the Porsche network. Many sleepless nights trying to justify it, and how/when I would use it. How we could get our walking gear in it, plus the Dog, and it's stuff too. We holiday in Britain, so need a decent size car to get everything in. Reached the sad truth, that it just wouldn't suit what we needed in a car. Taking the dog out on weekends, would probably mean the 911 just sat in the garage unused.

So, bought the X3 in January, as it could get all our stuff in it, and be great for holidays. 2 weeks ago, we sadly had to put our dog to sleep due to finding out she had a brain tumour. The X3 is now too big for what we need. If I'd held off till the spring (like I told myself too) to buy a new car, I probably would now have done a deal on that Carrera T.

Maybe it was never supposed to happen?

Reactions: Chris4410
Been seriously looking into a Porsche Cayman, and researching the 718 and predecessor 981. Whilst a 911 is the dream, the running costs put me off.

The 981's are holding value much better than the 718, seemingly down to it being the last n/a flat 6 engine, with the 718 and its 2 litre not being as popular. I think I will shortly take the plunge on a well-specced 981 Cayman S knowing it will hold it's value well for the 3 or so years I will have it.

Reactions: GeoffT and Chris4410
It'll be another Audi for me,my son should be back at Audi by the time l come to change and if so...I'll buy slightly used....not in any hurry ....if you buy average you'll change sooner .....is my mindset

Reactions: rvtb101 and pburv
I have to hand my Audi S3 Back in July and I am currently looking for a new car.

I would love to get the S4 but it's way too expensive.

I've noticed Audi's seem to be getting more and more pricey.

My budget is under £400 a month with around a £2K deposit

I've narrowed it down to the following:

1) Audi A4 Black Edition (+ lots of extra options to kit it out) (Only thing putting me off is the colour "turbo blue" as it's a solid colour I am guessing it does not shine? )

2) VW T-Roc R (Looks okay but what I love about this car as it has the same/similair engine to the S3, 2.0L 300BHP, this is a fast car!)

3) Volvo XV 40 Twin Engine (Petrol + Hybrid) ( I need to go check this out...maybe Hybrid is the way forward?)

I can't decide at the minute if I want a performance car or something a bit more economical.

Right now the VW T Roc is at the top of my list....I just need to take one for a drive!

**Also I tried to keep the S3 for another year and Audi quoted me an extra £300 P/M on top of what I am paying now to keep it an extra 1 year***

I have to hand my Audi S3 Back in July and I am currently looking for a new car.

1) Audi A4 Black Edition (+ lots of extra options to kit it out) (Only thing putting me off is the colour "turbo blue" as it's a solid colour I am guessing it does not shine? )

2) VW T-Roc R (Looks okay but what I love about this car as it has the same/similair engine to the S3, 2.0L 300BHP, this is a fast car!)

3) Volvo XV 40 Twin Engine (Petrol + Hybrid) ( I need to go check this out...maybe Hybrid is the way forward?)

I can't decide at the minute if I want a performance car or something a bit more economical.

Right now the VW T Roc is at the top of my list....I just need to take one for a drive!

**Also I tried to keep the S3 for another year and Audi quoted me an extra £300 P/M on top of what I am paying now to keep it an extra 1 year***
Turbo blue is a nice paint colour and can shine but no metallic fleck in it if that's what you mean

Reactions: desi112 and pburv
I went back to Mercedes and a v6 before they make us all go electric

Reactions: Terminator x

The Volvo is a performance car and economical. Try it, it's fast as fooooook

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I've always wanted a Porsche too. Nearly bought a GT4 last June. Really wanted one, and the spec was right. Unfortunately It's strictly a 2 seater, so didn't fit the circumstances. 2 adults + Dog

So thought about a 911 Carrera T. Had a spec I wanted, and just before Christmas `My` spec came available within the Porsche network. Many sleepless nights trying to justify it, and how/when I would use it. How we could get our walking gear in it, plus the Dog, and it's stuff too. We holiday in Britain, so need a decent size car to get everything in. Reached the sad truth, that it just wouldn't suit what we needed in a car. Taking the dog out on weekends, would probably mean the 911 just sat in the garage unused.

So, bought the X3 in January, as it could get all our stuff in it, and be great for holidays. 2 weeks ago, we sadly had to put our dog to sleep due to finding out she had a brain tumour. The X3 is now too big for what we need. If I'd held off till the spring (like I told myself too) to buy a new car, I probably would now have done a deal on that Carrera T.

Maybe it was never supposed to happen?

Sorry to hear about your dog.

My wife and I like a road trip, but these are usually a long weekend thing as we take our longer holidays state side. So a 718 or 911 is perfect for us, just enough space for two long weekend bags and no dog for us to worry about.

The Porsche is an itch I have to scratch, I know if I don't I will regret it later in life when I can't enjoy such a car.

Reactions: wab172uk

Turbo blue is a really nice colour, couldn't take a T-ROC. They just have too much of a mummy car image.

Reactions: KenL
It will be either Audi or BMW. Thinking of changing our A4 to the new 3 series which I have been highly impressed with. To be honest I like the new FL A4 as well, so it will simply boil down to getting the best deal - I’m not to fussed with which way this will go!

Our S3 is coming up to two years old, so plan to hold onto it for a few years yet. Really want to own the legendary 5 pot engine, so can see the new RS3 being considered next time round.

Reactions: Joxh and pburv
Skoda Octavia vRS the new plug in hybrid or possibly Cupra Leon new plug in hybrid.
Golf GTE is not really an option, since those are over priced compared to the sister brands.