What just happened ??

Fossil23

Reaction score
I was coasting down a hill with no traffic in front of me, probably covering the brake when all of a sudden the left front locked for a millisecond (heard it skid) then I had a bingbong and a red triangle/exclamation mark for a split second then nothing, put the bleeding jitters up me I can tell you. Is this a problem?

Did you happen to see if it said pre-sense? It could have been avoiding something it thought you was going to collide with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The front pre-sense didn't see something it thought it should brake for did it? That's the only reasonable explanation I can think of?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was going through a pedestrian crossing, but it happened and was over so quick I couldn't tell, maybe that's what it was but it made me jump and swear a bit.

Same thing happened to me the way home from work the other day.
Scared the shiz outa me, there where a couple with their dog on the side of the road
So I'm assuming the 'intelligent' system thought they were about to walk out into the road

That must be it, thanks for the replies.

Reactions: Daggerit
There is a clip of a Golf slamming as a crisp packet blows across the road in front of it on YouTube.

Mine has pinged an audible warning and flashed up a message on the DIS a couple of times, apparently for no reason. I've therefore got it set to the least sensitive position as I'm not keen to experience what happened to Fossil.

You can reduce the sensitivity of the pre-sense, or turn it off, within the car settings of the mmi. But really, doesn't anyone bother to read a manual these days?

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3
You can reduce the sensitivity of the pre-sense, or turn it off, within the car settings of the mmi. But really, doesn't anyone bother to read a manual these days?

I've read it a few times, car hasn't arrived yet :readit:

Reactions: DarGri
Yep its definitely the pre sence its happened to me a few times most recently being at a set of temporary lights nearly had a heart attack the first time haha I've kept the sensitivity as is though for now never know it might come in handy

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I tried turning off pre-sense but it comes back on every-time you restart which is annoying. I hate it when it tries to "help" out

Yes unfortunately it resets itself at engine switch off as stated in the manual. I wonder if it might be possible to code it off completely but I have got mine set to its least sensitive and it is much less intrusive...

Does it remember the least sensitive setting after turn off or does it go back to normal each time also?

It remembers the sensitivity setting but be brave and read the manual and discover many fascinating features about your car that you don't know..

Ave not got a manual yet but sure I will take it offshore with me

I've had this quite a few times. Audi pre-sense seems quite fattist, a few times now when I have passed a large pedestrian Pre sense has given a judder!

I hadn't noticed that thanks guess there won't be much diff between my17 and 18 s4. I'll get reading