What is this

73pop

Reaction score
a friend had a little bump this morning in his S3, number plate and surround fell off. The grill is also fubar!
There is some sort of censor left hanging( see picture) what is it?

Possibly the outside temperature sensor would be my guess

This is cheese...Sorry couldnt help myself when I saw the thread title, just reminded me of Borat. Hope you get it sorted.

Anything with a yellow connector is Airbag System / Sensor - tread very carefully!

It is called a crash sensor, if you hit or get hit at 15mph or over this activates your airbags

It's located just under the Audi badge, the centre hole behind the plastic reg plate holder is where it sits

worst thing is i am driving it :flushed: will zip tie it up now then !!!

so is letting it hang loose dangerous?
If the crash sensor still has the plastic bracket with the threaded centre that takes the screw from behind the Reg plate holder, then it can be moved over to the right hand side where the right screw holds the plastic Reg holder onto the grille, if you can't attach it to the grille anywhere then I would get a new sensor asap, you really dont want an air bag going off

all thats there is what is in the picture, its not my car but made him aware of the risk zip tied it up now so should be ok for a while i hope!

thanks for the replies
If the crash sensor still has the plastic bracket with the threaded centre that takes the screw from behind the Reg plate holder, then it can be moved over to the right hand side where the right screw holds the plastic Reg holder onto the grille, if you can't attach it to the grille anywhere then I would get a new sensor asap, you really dont want an air bag going off

Reactions: RedRS3Reilly