What is this under my car?

cotteyboy

Reaction score
I might be being gormless but i really have no idea,

P20-07-09_133102.jpg

Drivers side in line with the front door,,

Has it got any pipes etc connected to it?

Please be serious - it's a paper shredder.

Pies Dani?

Just had a look under mine and theres nothing there? oh I want one thats not fair!

Its a ucic (under car intercooler) lol:eyebrows: strange, what ever it is it heats up, got the fins to get rid of the heat, its like a giant heat sink!

The laptops playing up haha. Tbh looks like an oil cooler!

I've asked the same question on another forum. I also have that radiator under my car. It is a fuel cooler.
Not all the fuel that goes to the engine is burned, some of it returns to the tank. This fuel is quite warm and needs to be cooled before entering the tank. That radiator does just that.

Some pics with mine:

damn it i like the sound of a under car paper shredder much better cheers tho,

How come some have it and some don't?

Some sort of sick lottery run by Audi? 1 in 10 cars blows up cos of warm fuel returning to the tank? Hmmmm, scuse me while I go and see If I'm one of the lucky ones...

hrm it does run on the fuel of satan (diesel) maybe thats got something to do with it,

special engines

I don't know why some have and some others don't. When my question was answered, I was told that only 2.0 TD engines have it, than came someone saying that the(some?) 1.9 TDI also has it, in the end, everybody agreed that this is a feature of TDI's...

hrm it does run on the fuel of satan (diesel) maybe thats got something to do with it,

special engines

Hahaha, I've heard this from Clarkson when ha had Hamilton in the show. Hamilton said that he drives a diesel Mecedes and Clarkson said "aaa the Devi's fuel!!!"

i was thinking it looked like an amplifier aswell just didnt think they would stick it there how mad...

Its a ucic (under car intercooler) lol:eyebrows: strange, what ever it is it heats up, got the fins to get rid of the heat, its like a giant heat sink!

see - told you it was a paper shredder, a paper shredder that cools as well - ingenious.

damn all these comments beg more questions

What else would be good underneath your car?

Lets hear them!

A fifth wheel:idea: