What is this (broken) pipe for?

RickkyP

Reaction score
So I'm in the middle of fitting my replacement coil pack harness. (a job I'm not enjoying at all!)
And when I opened the wiring duct, I spotted this broken pipe: (just under the connector)
Tg5rl9T.jpg

Before I glue it back together does anyone know what it is?
Cheers!

Thats the pipe/feed for your rear windscreen washer jet mate. Common issue with these coming apart. Nothing a bit of gaffa tape won't fix!

Brilliant! One of my next jobs was find out why the rear washer didn't work. Should save me time.

Reactions: Lodhiz and xpoweruk
It'll probably pop apart at the join in the boot after you fix that one; mine did :(

It'll probably pop apart at the join in the boot after you fix that one; mine did :(

My actual washer jet motor was broken internally so it kept on leaking, even after replacing the pipe that joins to it with a silicon pipe. I even tried to be cheeky, and use sealant around the area it was leaking (I was desperate) but to no avail! These things are a right pain!

Any idea on price Alex? I'm in two minds about whether I should go down the wiper delete route (looks better) or to actually repair it.

mines leaking as well but to be honest I haven't noticed when I use the washers so I've left it lol

PN: 8L0998711
£37.5 ex VAT

Cheers, thanks for that Alex. Kit is comparable in price to buying a used motor jet, which may be a better option.

mines leaking as well but to be honest I haven't noticed when I use the washers so I've left it lol

How is the pressure on your jets? Do you find them a bit weak? (mine are so weak i'd be better off blowing water through a straw). Just be mindful of the leaking water as that can leak into the boot catch switch (although you probably already know).