What is the name of this bolt please?

lunarwhale

Reaction score
Hi people,

A few days ago my brake light went on my 3dr 2.0 fsi 2004 and i realised the rear light cluster bolt that the secures the lights to the car has been cross threaded very badly (im guessing the previous owner done it) and unknowingly made worse by me when attempting to tighten the nut. Using some metal washers ive managed a temporary fix though the light cluster still moves around a little. Does anyone know the name of the bolt part so i can pleases i can order a new one and screw it in? Or can someone link me to a site that sells these bolts? I'm also looking for the black plastic shiny thing attached to the lights in the picture aswel as a few of the clips on mine have snapped. Any help appreciated thanks.

Attachments

• lights2.jpg
    lights2.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
Dont have proper ETKA at home, but the improper version tells me that the bolt your after is "not exchangeable" and would suggest it comes complete with the light.

Give Audi a ring, see what they say.

412945000.png

It lists them separately in the picture(10), but when you delve deeper, computer says no.

Have a look here Audi - A3 - 2004 - Electrical Teile Katalog (Pats Catalog)

Thanks for the quick reply, im sat here with a smile on my face because ive been looking on google for the last 2 hours and had no luck and decided to post on here instead and within 10 mins i find out pretty much what im looking for so thank you. I'm guessing its non exchangeable because im told its usually glued in but mine just screws out so i can just put a new one in.

lol Yeah looks like the metal screw is not available, weird.

God knows what the previous owner did to cross thread the bolt.

The plastic nut is designed to 'give' before the metal part. So you just wouldnt expect it to be ********.

So id simply re thread the current bolt you have, put a bit of 'thread lock' on the internal thread that disappears into the light unit.

Then buy a new plastic nut.

Normal service resumed.

I thought it was odd when changing the bulbs that one side had the plastic nut on and was fine but the side that is cross threaded had a metal nut on instead with a load of metal washers.

I had a feeling the missing plastic nut would have fell down the back of the boot and lifted up the spare wheel and it was there.
I'll have a go at re threading it and see where i can go from there.

Thanks for all your replies.

dave

Reactions: lunarwhale
i just had to nick the picture

I've got a spare bolt if you need m8!? Drop me a pm if interested

Reactions: LEE69