What is the maximum Disc size you use for front Disc A4 3.0 TDI?

V6 Quatt

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

What is the biggest front disc size you go on a Audi A4 B8 3.0 TDI Quattro without changing the front callipers?

Thanks in advance

The standard front discs on the 3.0 TDI are 320 x 30mm. On the S4, S5 they use the same calipers but different caliper carriers to fit 345 x 30mm discs.
On the S4 , S5 the calipers are painted black from the factory and have a logo on them but other wise are the same as the standard calipers on the 3.0 TDI.
A similar thing is done on the rear brakes, they use the same calipers on the S4, 55 but different caliper carriers to fit 330 x 22mm vented rear discs.
You can reuse the standard brake flexis and the rear brake dust shield are the larger size already on the 3.0 TDI.
I upgraded the brakes on my 3.0 TDI front and rear to S4 , S5 spec.
These brakes fit under 17 inch wheels as well.
Just changed to redstuff pads and although they are still being run in they are awesome.
Have a look at my build thread linked below.

Karl.

Reactions: V6 Quatt and SI-W85
The standard front discs on the 3.0 TDI are 320 x 30mm. On the S4, S5 they use the same calipers but different caliper carriers to fit 345 x 30mm discs.
On the S4 , S5 the calipers are painted black from the factory and have a logo on them but other wise are the same as the standard calipers on the 3.0 TDI.
A similar thing is done on the rear brakes, they use the same calipers on the S4, 55 but different caliper carriers to fit 330 x 22mm vented rear discs.
You can reuse the standard brake flexis and the rear brake dust shield are the larger size already on the 3.0 TDI.
I upgraded the brakes on my 3.0 TDI front and rear to S4 , S5 spec.
These brakes fit under 17 inch wheels as well.
Just changed to redstuff pads and although they are still being run in they are awesome.
Have a look at my build thread linked below.

Karl.

I've done the same as Karl (above) but found the rear caliper was not the same. I had to swap the rear caliper as well as the carrier, as the S4 rear discs are vented and the original rear discs on my 2008 3.0tdi were solid, so the rear calipers didn't quite have the width to accomodate the S4 disc.

Ian

Thats strange I compared the original rear caliper on my car and the S4 one and apart from the fact that the S4 is painted black it looked the same.Didn't get a tape out but there can't be much difference as the difference in the discs is only 10mm.
I may be wrong. They have different part numbers but I put that down to the paint finish on the S4 calipers.

Karl.

Thanks Guys looking to change front to bigger? so the S4/S5 - 345 x 30mm front discs will bolt straight on with original calipers??

As long as you change the caliper mounting bracket as well, this is what moves the caliper out further to be able to fit the bigger discs.

Thanks are these expensive??
So to confirm I would need the S4 ?? caliper mounting brackets??