What is the cause of this noise over speed bumps ?

Audicfc

Reaction score
00ejt7D4gkaABupLQuLhA9eQQ
https://share.icloud.com/photos/00ejt7D4gkaABupLQuLhA9eQQ This is a link to the video of the creaking noise over the speed bumps on my 2014 audi a3, the noise is coming from the front driver side but very rarely happens when driving normal, does anyone know what the problem could be ? I was thinking maybe top mount

Yeah, almost certainly. It's a known fault, mine had it out of the factory in 2014, changed out under warranty and perfect since.

I found that if I popped the bonnet and got my girlfriend to turn the wheel lock to lock (with the engine running), I was very easily able to locate the problem to the driver side front strut top bearing.

Thanks ive got a price for the parts but just need to get labour price so hopefully doesnt take too long to fix, i’m sure its been like that from when i got it 18 months ago at 30k miles and i think that could be the cause of the uneven tyre wear on the front driver side.

do you know what parts where changed on yours ? Was it just the top mount bearing (£21) and bearing rubber cup (£42) then that will be all thats needed to fix it ?

Sorry, I've no idea. It was a warranty job within a few weeks of delivery, so I never even saw any paperwork.

In my case it was the plastic cover of shock absorber.It has disconnected from the fitting and making strange noise on speed bumps.

Poslano sa mog SM-G975F koristeći Tapatalk

Reactions: Audicfc
In my case it was the plastic cover of shock absorber.It has disconnected from the fitting and making strange noise on speed bumps.

what was done to fix your problem ? Was a new part required ?

what was done to fix your problem ? Was a new part required ?
In my case yes because this plastic was smashed and I cannot put it in place again.Only problem in that story is that whole shock must be dissasembled.Other solution is to cut that piece and put it away its only dust cap nothing else....

In my case yes because this plastic was smashed and I cannot put it in place again.Only problem in that story is that whole shock must be dissasembled.Other solution is to cut that piece and put it away its only dust cap nothing else....when you put your car on car lift you will see if you have problem like me (if dust cap isnt in their place)

Does anyone know if you are meant to change the top mounts on both sides if its’s only the driver side where the noise is coming from ?

I would prefer just to get the noisy side fixed but don’t know if meant to be changed in pairs as the car is on 40k miles and could be worn out a little