what is the bhp of this?

The A6 2.7TQ is the same engine but only 250bhp (not the 265 of the S4), still good for 0-60 in 6.8 secs.

that's because both those ones are automatics, which adds another second 0-60, so pretty average performance.
You can get a 2000 S4 for around £6.5-£7k a much better bet all round

i have one of these, i think the reason they have less power is a trade of with torque delivery as the launch standard is suprisingly good. the reason to go for one of these is if the b5 s4 interior is too small, a6 has more leg room in the back and more elbow room all round , more of an armchair. thats why i have one instead of an s4

so dummi, what is your average mpg? are they much heavier you think than the s4? and are they any cheaper on insurance do you think!

mpg on the motorway i got 31mpg, thats better than the 2wd 5 speed 1.8t a6 i had before it barely 30mpg

in town 22mpg no suprise

insurance with full no claims over 25 is £750 with direct line.

weight, yes they are heavier than an s4 theres more car. but everything is same spec. check he kerb weights theres probably 100-150kg in it

mpg is not bad then nor is the weight (hardly any diff.) the only thing that would make me think twice about buying an a6 would be that the view of the rear is a bit bland it seems that the boot lid needs some kind of small spoiler on it just to break the area up a little! !