What is the best car improvement or mod that you have done?

MOA4B9

Reaction score
I'm interested to know what is the best improvement you have made to your car. No matter how big or small.

I got this seat gap pad filler that fits between the centre console and the seat. No more trying to retrieve your phone or parking tickets for 5 minutes being on all 4s with your butt sticking out of the passenger door and then emerging with multiple scratches on your hand. Such a simple thing but really effectively. I bought it on Aliexpress for a few pound. It doesn't look good when it's in your hand but when it's in position it blends in really well. Does the job really well.

EC0B08C2 F796 4ADF AADE CA72B2A2508F

Reactions: exmeaguy, daytonamart, cuke2u and 1 other person
Either Milltek exhaust or DTUK box for me! But they’re both pretty expensive options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: WesT-gefül
I'm interested to know what is the best improvement you have made to your car. No matter how big or small.

I got this seat gap pad filler that fits between the centre console and the seat. No more trying to retrieve your phone or parking tickets for 5 minutes being on all 4s with your butt sticking out of the passenger door and then emerging with multiple scratches on your hand. Such a simple thing but really effectively. I bought it on Aliexpress for a few pound. It doesn't look good when it's in your hand but when it's in position it blends in really well. Does the job really well.

View attachment 163035
good to see how it looks in the car

Seen them on Ali but thought I will pass on them.
Just hoovered the car to prep it for aitp and it took me 2 hours just to vacuum. Amount of sh... found in these gaps it is impossible.
Found a year old m&m’s. Lol

Just two days ago fitted S6 style mirror housings (I know I’m not from this section)

2e1f140f54ecd49f6a8f4cbcc4a19972.jpg

adf14199f1e176fb62c16e7d60ac83c8.jpg

Just had the wing mirrors, window surround and front grill wrapped in black. I also replaced the rear badges to black

Forgot to mention, I also did:

RS grille plasti dipped in black matt
RS style hand made fog grilles in matt black
RS style alloys with alloy valves and Sline badge valve caps
Painted brake callipers
A1 gear knob
Front centre armrest, gear gaitor and steering wheel re-threaded with red stitching
Upgraded ambient interior lighting with added red internal door handles and front ashtray leds
Full led interior
Plasti dipped all badges, front middle bumper lip and rear diffusor in silver
Painted engine cover
Upgraded xenon bulbs
Led indicators, number plate lights, reverse and front fogs
Latest 2017 MMI software, firmware and sat nav maps
Tinted windows from b pillar backwards
Hardwired TomTom cradle and phone charger

think that’s it but more to come

7bcfbd7cc0373aeca9a7920372d5d2ab.jpg

7ca8e43c27b0152beb9c082bc62ebd62.jpg

Reactions: WesT-gefül, Spaceman_RS3 and Sandra
How did you do the latest mmi firmware?

That was latest version available that time, in summer 2017 and updated by @DJAlix
He came with SD cards and updated it for me. So technically, I haven’t done it but had it done.

Forgot to mention, I also did:

RS grille plasti dipped in black matt
RS style hand made fog grilles in matt black
RS style alloys with alloy valves and Sline badge valve caps
Painted brake callipers
A1 gear knob
Front centre armrest, gear gaitor and steering wheel re-threaded with red stitching
Upgraded ambient interior lighting with added red internal door handles and front ashtray leds
Full led interior
Plasti dipped all badges, front middle bumper lip and rear diffusor in silver
Painted engine cover
Upgraded xenon bulbs
Led indicators, number plate lights, reverse and front fogs
Latest 2017 MMI software, firmware and sat nav maps
Tinted windows from b pillar backwards
Hardwired TomTom cradle and phone charger

think that’s it but more to come

7bcfbd7cc0373aeca9a7920372d5d2ab.jpg

7ca8e43c27b0152beb9c082bc62ebd62.jpg

Blimey, forgot the most important mod I had done on the car which was: dpf gutted with egr off and stage 1 map.

View attachment 163035

Would like to see a picture with it fitted to the car.

All my carbon bits for me. Yet to do any engine tuning yet.

Console carbon wrap, s6 gear knob :)
189e3c4e6115c9a8eb8e6d163e35d096.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Pff hard question
I like my side assist, but also the rear camera, auxilairy heater, autohold and rear cross traffic haha.

Next mod: lane assist :D

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

Hardly any use to us if its not the same A4, the MMI systems are very different from a A6 to an A3 to A4...

Hardly any use to us if its not the same A4, the MMI systems are very different from a A6 to an A3 to A4...
The new MIB2 systems in the A3/4/5/Q5 are almost the same. Only a few coding differences and in some cases hardwareversions.

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

Yes the A5 and the Q5 are the same platform, this I already know. But the pre facelift a3 isn't quite the same and can use carista, as can the fl. With the b9 a4, the q5 and the a5 you cannot. Which suggests there is different coding...

Yes the A5 and the Q5 are the same platform, this I already know. But the pre facelift a3 isn't quite the same and can use carista, as can the fl. With the b9 a4, the q5 and the a5 you cannot. Which suggests there is different coding...

Not completely, the MIB2 in the FL is partly the same as the MIB1 in the PFL. The coding / adaptions are most of the part the same. However the "control" (don't know how to write it down) is for some options "active" like the multi colour ambient lighting.

The other modules are indeed totally different.

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

Finally got round to taking pictures of the gap fillers. They also come plain if you don't like the S-line logo. I got both but the ones with logo are better quality.

Attachments

• CC682AE5-62B8-4C18-8676-37D550B4D381.jpeg
    CC682AE5-62B8-4C18-8676-37D550B4D381.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 431
Another view

Attachments

• 53867F80-3613-4AAB-BB5D-D8FFBB2EE276.jpeg
    53867F80-3613-4AAB-BB5D-D8FFBB2EE276.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 412
OEM carbon mirrors by far.. just didn't get on with the Silver ones on an all black car!

IMG 1887 1

Reactions: rasA4, A12RNX, Riko0073 and 3 others