what is that other switch/button on the dash?

killa_z

Couped Out
Reaction score
i understand there are 3 slots where there are buttons/switches on the dash next to the hazard light; unless you have some extras installed it will be a blanking plate switch

but for those who have it all what i the third button, im missing one out; on mine there is the traction control (ESP button) and the SET (typre pressure monitoring button) switches

just a hunch but what can the third space be occupied with???

mine is already going to the controller switch for the genII haldex im fitting soon but was just wondering what OEM item would be there

edit - ive come across this pic, my passenger airbag switch is a key activating/deactivating one and is mounted in my glovebox, is there nothing else that can be in this place then?

6up8mfn.png

this pic is from a left hand drive car if that makes any difference

From Audi? I don't think so. The "Passenger Airbag Off" shown in your pic is only a yellow warning light which comes on when you start the car. Earlier cars had this light in the roof mounted console, perhaps yours is there too.

If you want custom switches have a look on here

This chap does replacement blanking plates and switches. I bought a garage door switch from him recently, it looks completely OEM.

8p_garage_thumb.gif

The switch it came with was for the tyre pressure monitor (press to make release to break) This may be suitable for your Haldex upgrade, he also does custom covers/switches based on your artwork.

Hope this helps.