What is cheap-ish air intake for a stage1 Audi a3 2.0 TFSI

bonecore

Reaction score
I have a 2006 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI and after i get my intake i want to go for a stage1 custom remap.
Don't really care for HP gain, dont wnat to loose HP, just would like to hear the turbo noise so that i have more smiles/mile.
Do you have any recommandation ?!?

SideQuestion: I usually park on the side of the main road ... and there is a lot of dust there.
With the new intake, will i have to protect the engine by parking on a side road where it is less dust (or i have nothing to worry about) ?

Last edited:
I've got the ramair widepipe which is around £190 when I got it, car runs mint and you suction note off it and sometimes even a chatter! The air intakes there to stop the dust getting in so I really wouldn't worry mate! Also I'm running stage 2 with this @ 280bhp so it does its job also

sounds perfect RAMAIR ...
i would have liked to go for stage2 also but without damaging the clutch. ... so i'll stick to stage1
thanks!

sounds perfect RAMAIR ...
i would have liked to go for stage2 also but without damaging the clutch. ... so i'll stick to stage1
thanks!

I've had a year of hard driving and it's just about started to slip now and then, you can go stage to and get it tuned to preserve your clutch! I think this is the first clutch my cars had in 70,000 miles so it's not to bad! It's the torque that's the clutch killer!

You don't want to hear the turbo, that would mean there is something wrong with it. After a custom stage 1 map it is more like to quieten everything down but more power and more Km. per litre.
As for your larger air intake and filter, you don't need one for stage 1. As you live in a dusty area the best thing to do is change the air filter every 6 months rather than a year.