1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

What is active sound?

thesmileyone Dec 30, 2017

1. thesmileyone

thesmileyone Registered User

Not to be confused with fake engine noise.

My new car had a rather expensive feature called "Active sound" I have been unable to find info on it. Coming from a car with Bose this system trounces it especially in the bass department.

Also do I still need to worry about the navigation unit being nicked? Whats the best way to avoid that?
    Any ideas? Thanks

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. samuelh_888

samuelh_888 Registered User

I’ve not heard of Active Sound re the audio system but there is something for the 8V that adds a speaker to the exhaust, giving a deeper/more sporty tone.

Re the RNS-E. You have insurance and the units aren’t all that any more. They are cheap on eBay and there is far better after market products. I do like my RNS-E but if it gets taken I’d replace with after market. I wouldn’t worry about it ah.

4. SootySport

SootySport Registered User

Don't park in a dodgy area I would say. Having any nice car with any nice gadgets is always going to be a bit of a risk I'm afraid. Check your car insurance that it covers the replacement cost of a RNSE and other resultant damage.

5. ch1z64

ch1z64 C'mon you's bhoy's in Green Silver Supporter VCDS Map User

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
  6. tcardio

tcardio Registered User

active sound is what you need when you didn't purchase a VR6:yahoo:

ch1z64 likes this.