What intake do I choose for my s3 8p3?

rufscwb

Reaction score
I'm in doubt between Revo intake and the EvoMS intake. In the U.S forums they really like this evoms intakes.

The standard revo option is just a little more expensive (u$70)

any suggestions?

Last edited:
Out of those 2 choices, Revo is the recommended choice.

Reactions: tcardio and rufscwb
Itg kit is worth having but expensive but you only get what you pay for

Reactions: ron burgandy, rufscwb and Dikonou
Custom intake pipe 70mm with the maf in its original position and an ITG maxogen Stab99ld.....with the air intake at the front

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/revo-air-intake-fitted.175745/
post no14 1st page

I have a 1.8tsi CDAA and this is what I have on right now

19942682 1048313445303603 3838684727424595117 o

Reactions: rufscwb
Thanks for the replies,

In the practice, what's the difference between the powder coated and ceramic model?

Is it worth the extra money?

My car is currently stock so i will lose some low end torque?

Itg kit is worth having but expensive but you only get what you pay for

I researched and it is very difficult to get someone to send these ITG filters to my country. Therefore, my options are those marketed in the USA.

Revo :)

Ceramic coated supposedly reflects heat better but not sure how much difference it makes

I researched and it is very difficult to get someone to send these ITG filters to my country. Therefore, my options are those marketed in the USA.
I would thing the company would easily send one to your country if you paid all the money that has to be paid

I went for the revo camcoat, car made 280 bhp without a map then 326 on APR stage 1

I have a VWR. I think your choice will be governed by noise and whether the filter is fully enclosed or just a foam cone.

(yes i know the cover is not fitted properly ) :)

Attachments

• IMG_20171004_132032.jpg
    IMG_20171004_132032.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 125
maybe others will correct me but the differences between most air intakes are minimal so for me it comes down to looks. I prefer a clean engine bay with a sleek and integrated look so Revo Carbon series is my preference

Reactions: samuelh_888
I think noise is a major factor which is why i didn't go for Revo and paid the extra for the VWR.

maybe others will correct me but the differences between most air intakes are minimal so for me it comes down to looks. I prefer a clean engine bay with a sleek and integrated look so Revo Carbon series is my preference
Real difference is only noticable at much higher output levels.

I have the Revo Camcoat and I really rate it. I don’t have experience of the EvoMS personally so can’t comment sorry.

I don’t find the Revo loud/noisy - yes there is something there but it’s not off-putting. I was expecting it to be louder but very happy with how it is; I’m not my 20 year old bogan any more!

I had a RamAir in my previous A3 1.8 TFSI and I’d say that had more noise volume than my Revo does.

My Evoms is nice, not too loud.. looks good as well.

Another vote for the vwr, i got rid of an open filter for the vwr, much prefer it

I initially got a revo and sold it and got a VWR. Revo wasn’t my cup of tea due to the open cone which for me was too noisy. Yet to fit the VWR but heard good things if your not going more than stage 2.

Reactions: rufscwb and derekw
Old style ITG open filter system here......still good for over 500bhp.

Reactions: paddy and rufscwb