What have you FITTED inside your 8V today?

S32B

Reaction score
Let's see what bizarre things we can get in & how much!

Today I managed to get 4 big *** rolls of loft insulation in:

(Good job the wife wasn't with me :D)

IMG 3094
IMG 3095

Reactions: Martinbanshee, Sandra, Baldyone and 2 others
I wish I had taken a photo of my boot when we went to stay with friends over Christmas now as it would have gone well in this thread. Boot space was a big concern of mine before I bought my S3 Sportback as it's being used as our family car.

Boot contents were:
Large double air bed (deflated)
Childs airbed (again deflated)
Travel cot
Pushchair
x2 Holdalls
x4 Coats
Golf Umbrella
x2 Childrens rucksacks (put on the back seat between the 2 childseats)

Probably not the most uncommon contents for family trip, but we were fully loaded and the car still performed very well during the 500+ mile trip.

Reactions: Martinbanshee and Sandra
I was pretty impressed that a new and boxed 55" LED TV fitted :)

Reactions: Martinbanshee, Sandra and Rob2k68
Reactions: SW14NY'S, Pizza_man, xBox and 1 other person
Back to uni car load ...still plenty of room

Reactions: Martinbanshee and Rob2k68
I was pretty impressed that a new and boxed 55" LED TV fitted :)

Did you manage to get it to slide up and down out of the dash like the original screen. Or have you fitted like the Mercedes A Class with a bracket?

Reactions: Nikon, Rob2k68 and jetron
Today I managed 10 boxes of heat logs and two bags of kindling, seats up and shelf in place :)

PS: The logs are on offer in Aldi for £2.99 per pack!!! Can't even get them direct for that price ;) £1.99 per bag for the kindling.

Logs

Reactions: Martinbanshee, DH81 and Rob2k68
Today I managed 10 boxes of heat logs and two bags of kindling, seats up and shelf in place :)

PS: The logs are on offer in Aldi for £2.99 per pack!!! Can't even get them direct for that price ;) £1.99 per bag for the kindling.

View attachment 77920

Hmm poor car - you expecting some cold weather over from the U.S ?

Hmm poor car - you expecting some cold weather over from the U.S ?
lol Just stocking up at that price ;) Buying 1/3 of a pallet direct costs £149 for 30 boxes = £4.96 per box. So I've saved £19.70 on that little lot from Aldi....may go back for another 10 when they get more in!!! :)

Reactions: Rob2k68
lol Just stocking up at that price ;) Buying 1/3 of a pallet direct costs £149 for 30 boxes = £4.96 per box. So I've saved £19.70 on that little lot from Aldi....may go back for another 10 when they get more in!!! :)

Don't blame you mate - everyone loves a bargain !! ;o)

If I go back and get another 20 boxes I've saved £59.10 = full tank of V-Power :p

I'm set for the apocalypse now lol.

I was in B&Q and they were selling off their coal (£2.74 off the normal price) to make way for spring items :) I got 10 bags/100KG, so saved £27.40...back end looked lowered side on :)

IMG 3358

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Martinbanshee
umm...not me but the dealers have put in a new seat and centre console... Does that even come close to counting ?

4 x 18" rims and 4 x tyres in my saloon. Surprisingly easy to get them all in. And there was me thinking I should have got the SB!

PS: I did lol when I checked the tyre pressures the tyre guys eventually set on the rims that ended up on my car. All four wheels completely different. TPMS even complained the minute I set off from the garage! Easily sorted with 50p and the next garage though.

A Grand Canyon MTB in its box, no way did I think that was gonna fit but there we go :)

Reactions: Rob2k68, Daveotto, S32B and 2 others
A Grand Canyon MTB in its box, no way did I think that was gonna fit but there we go :)
View attachment 83554

I remember picking up a still boxed Cube Stereo HPC mountain bike from Glasgow when I had my TT. The lad in the shop said 'absolutely no way is that going to fit in there' and was amazed when the box went in no problem.

Reactions: Baldyone
I remember picking up a still boxed Cube Stereo HPC mountain bike from Glasgow when I had my TT. The lad in the shop said 'absolutely no way is that going to fit in there' and was amazed when the box went in no problem.
Many moons back I bought a chest freezer from Currys, the lad who served me was a jumped up spotty 17 year old, he asked if we had a van to get it home. I replied with "No we have a car", the ***** little git laughed and said "That's not going to fit inside a car" with a smug look on his face, I felt like smacking him lol. We took it outside and he even brought his mate to watch!!! My dad gave me a hand and it slipped effortlessly into the back of the car, the look on the lads face was priceless :) I just grinned at him and said "bye" :D

I had a GSi Zafira at the time, the same as this:

postadsuk.com-3-2004-vauxhall-zafira-2-0-turbo-gsi-arden-blue-7-seater-immaculate-condition-nationwide-warranty-we.JPG

Reactions: pburv, Martinbanshee and Baldyone
Many moons back I bought a chest freezer from Currys, the lad who served me was a jumped up spotty 17 year old, he asked if we had a van to get it home. I replied with "No we have a car", the ***** little git laughed and said "That's not going to fit inside a car" with a smug look on his face, I felt like smacking him lol. We took it outside and he even brought his mate to watch!!! My dad gave me a hand and it slipped effortlessly into the back of the car, the look on the lads face was priceless :) I just grinned at him and said "bye" :D

postadsuk.com-3-2004-vauxhall-zafira-2-0-turbo-gsi-arden-blue-7-seater-immaculate-condition-nationwide-warranty-we.JPG
So you drove a fridge freezer home inside a fridge freezer ;) nice ice blue colour too.
I hope the ***** one learnt not to make assumptions after this

Reactions: Zak0123 and Martinbanshee
So you drove a fridge freezer home inside a fridge freezer ;) nice ice blue colour too.
I hope the ***** one learnt not to make assumptions after this
lol it was a decent car in it's time :) I had two large dogs when I had that, but still wanted something fast...think 0-60 was 7.4 seconds :)

lol it was a decent car in it's time :) I had two large dogs when I had that, but still wanted something fast...think 0-60 was 7.4 seconds :)
Which would beat my current TDI lol. Even though you no longer own it, your old freezer still shames ***** buggers

3 suitcases, 3 hand luggage bags, 3 people & 3 x ski / snowboard bags in my 3 dr at the weekend coming back from holiday. Skis just fit down through the middle of the car ending at the MMI controls & one board bag ended up on top of my headrest touching my head!. :tongueclosed:
Unfortunately I didn't take a picture @ 2 am when we fitted it all in at the third attempt!, should've taken a picture the previous weekend when we by more luck than judgment loaded it all in at the first go to aid with the return trip.

Reactions: Zak0123, Daveotto and S32B
Went in to B and Q for a hacksaw..... Came out with a Karcher K5 premium pressure washer! On special offer so couldn't resist. (oh and had a 2ch Blackvue 650 fitted today!)

20160316/331b46f647e5614be5cb2111f83c1c84.jpg[/IMG]
64e836032b82edc1cf650423f8b602af.jpg

x5 125L bags of compost and 2 fence panels + no damage to my interior..result!! No headroom to drive though lol.

Reactions: Baldyone, richinsoton and Rob2k68
41bb86c2cf5a7f92436450b030a238cc.jpg
12a497942b31b32acece553b9218577a.jpg

4d2cc2087c3bb7e8fb7ffdce03925e47.jpg

Reactions: pburv, Baldyone, Martinbanshee and 2 others
lol brave man putting the fence panels in :)

Reactions: SJ43 and pburv
Haha I know. If they laid a single scratch on my super sports I would have been distraught!!! For desperate measures I used my coat to protect/cover them

Forgot the picture but I had a double mattress in the back, wrapped with the plastic from the new mattress!!! We folded as much as possible and then tied it with a rope to stop it unfolding inside the car :) When we took it out at the tip it looked like we we moving a dead body lol.

Reactions: Max-Robbo and Rob2k68

I was moving bases today and just about managed to fit my life minus my ironing board in. I'm kind of depressed that my life fits into an s3, however better than when I moved 4 years ago my life fitted into an old shape fiesta so on the plus side I am slowly accumulating more stuff I don't need, and I get to have the fun of picking out a jazzy new ironing board!

Reactions: Zak0123, Martinbanshee, Daveotto and 4 others

I had one of these back in 2004, bought it brand new in black, it was ace - the original daddy cool!