What have you done today?

Exciting times ahead @S3AMJ. Looking forward to seeing the results. When are you hopping for fitting and mapping?

You’ve no idea how excited I am mate.... poor cars been off the road for the best part of 2 years! Going back to work on it makes me smile and cry at the same time haha. But we are nearly there, hoping to get it in for fitting and mapping middle to end of January probably. All depends when Bill can fit me in. As the engine needs rebuilding, so on and so forth.

I’ll keep everyone up to date in my build thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's wicked news - so looking forward to hearing the outcome :) there really should be a repository of all outcomes from this turbo package a bit like that Computer 3D benchmarking software so prospective buyers can look at the most successful setups.

What CAT back exhaust do you have? changing from stock to a custom 3inch pipe changed a TT running ATE380 from 361 to 374 (or similar)

I am just making excuses for not starting my car with it's "X-BR333D K04" <-- I am going to copyright that :D :D and aim for 333BHP - in case of a crash-bang-wallop-scrap-pop-crack-snap-shatter-split-fire

That's wicked news - so looking forward to hearing the outcome :) there really should be a repository of all outcomes from this turbo package a bit like that Computer 3D benchmarking software so prospective buyers can look at the most successful setups.

What CAT back exhaust do you have? changing from stock to a custom 3inch pipe changed a TT running ATE380 from 361 to 374 (or similar)

I am just making excuses for not starting my car with it's "X-BR333D K04" <-- I am going to copyright that :D :D and aim for 333BHP - in case of a crash-bang-wallop-scrap-pop-crack-snap-shatter-split-fire

Thanks Stuart! :) it’s been a long time waiting but it’s on the way... yeah I know exactly what you mean with the benchmarking, I’ll post a full breakdown of what I’ve got fitted. It’ll be very similar to Bills Lupo but some key features will differ though.

I’ve got a Zinram 3” catback system which I’m fitting this weekend to get it through the MOT on Monday. Had to buy a 2.5” - 3” connector pipe! I’m actually tempted to wrap the whole exhaust, from downpipe to backbox.... keep them exhaust gases as hot as possible.

I think you’ve done really well mate with what you’ve had to work with and overcome! Be interesting to see what you achieve, I’m sure it’ll all be fine once everything is bolted up and you turn it over :) keep thinking positive.

Ordered my AET K04-380 hybrid turbo kit and AEM Water meth injection kit Woohoo

Something satisfying about ordering up new parts........just don't look at the bank balance afterwards lol

Reactions: S3AMJ
Something satisfying about ordering up new parts........just don't look at the bank balance afterwards lol

Oh the savings are dwindling very quickly for the car that’s for sure, it’s only really just begun as well haha

Reactions: ADs3
Had the front and rear windscreens replaced on my car, previous owner hadn’t changed the rear wiper blade and there were deep scratches in the glass, some overspray from when I had VW respray my roof gutters, etc on warranty and I removed my window tints which then pulled off majority of the heater elements.... the front windscreen suffered from a couple large stone chips and lots of minor chips, but when glare from the sun made it difficult to see clearly.

I had this all done out of insurance with National Windscreens - £390. Supply and fit with warranty. Didn’t think that was a bad price. Unfortunately I’ve need seen the results yet as I’m away from the car. But I’ve been assured they’ve done a stand up job.

Finally got time to re-fit the headliner, really pleased with the results....

124F6A20 7989 492D A2C4 16EB42265BD3

70020D97 59F0 4AD5 91C4 E6497873B885

79FA0206 872C 40D9 82F6 610ACAF59C88

Reactions: S3AMJ, Dohcwp, JOSE8LT and 4 others
Haldex treacle change, changed front bose speaker and lifted the drivers door frame as the rubber wasn't sat right

IMG 0333 IMG 0332
Fitted new wind deflectors today and a new hazard switch as was have intermittent indicator fault

Finally got round to doing some banger maintenance, changed my s2000 filter for a new one, needed filing to fit and serviced my forge 007p but should of worn gloves when doing so.

Merry Xmas all.

Got round to repairing fold down armrest today was stuck in up position and lid didn't catch stripped down found nothing broken looks like it had been repaired wrong before and found missing lid button in spare wheel well good easy fix

Took some pictures of the beading following the wash the other day.

b985db0fe7e88e89324ac6d01bbab61b.jpg

And one from the wash just for the sake of it and because it looks great clean.

aaaebceb3eea031f597517f5fa6bf223.jpg

The final bill may change but about £1300 approx at the minute.

That’s not too bad, I got quoted a little over £3000 for a full respray. Part of me is tempted to go the plastidip route as that’s only £800-£1000 and the product has come a long way over the past few years. It’s really big in the US.

Reactions: Vex182
Hom much you think both bumpers and a bonnet should cost to respray ?

Would you remove the parts to take them to get done or while they are on the car, depends also on the prep work needed too. I’d hazard a guess at £400 each for the bumpers and maybe £300 for the bonnet.

As an example. There’s a guy down in London near me who repaired the lower half of the one side of one of the works van VW T6 Transporter and the rear bumper for £650. They did a pretty good job, took less than 48 hours. Slight orange peeling but nothing to write home about. So just depends where you take it I guess.

This evening I mostly finished up the lighting in my new PC case in Audi red :)
20190122 96dpi IMG 9901 HDR Edit

<tuffty/>

Reactions: S3AMJ
Interesting you’ve gone Radeon mate... I thought all the buzz was with the Nividia 1080Ti. Do you use this PC for rendering your photos, etc?

I use my Macbook Pro for photos in general but all the freebie image stacking software for my astro stuff is windows based so I do use it occasionally for processing astro... its main use is for gaming...

I have used AMD gfx cards for the past couple of card iterations purely due to value for money... I refuse to chase frames tbh as I am far to casual a gamer for that so I upgrade every few years using last years tech...

The card is a Vega 56 8gb... 250 quid vs double or more for the 1080... I only have an older i7 2600k at the moment so wasn't worth going silly on a gfx card

<tuffty/>

I use my Macbook Pro for photos in general but all the freebie image stacking software for my astro stuff is windows based so I do use it occasionally for processing astro... its main use is for gaming...

I have used AMD gfx cards for the past couple of card iterations purely due to value for money... I refuse to chase frames tbh as I am far to casual a gamer for that so I upgrade every few years using last years tech...

The card is a Vega 56 8gb... 250 quid vs double or more for the 1080... I only have an older i7 2600k at the moment so wasn't worth going silly on a gfx card

<tuffty/>

What’s games do you play? I used to be heavily into computer back when I was young, built my first one at age 13! Good old Windows 3.1 haha.... then got into gaming and all the lighting stuff. The Vega is still a good card. AMD stuff is good value, the Nividia stuff is getting a bit silly price wise. The bosses son is running 2x 1080Ti’s, i9 CPU I believe..... to play fortnite! Little extreme haha.

What’s games do you play? I used to be heavily into computer back when I was young, built my first one at age 13! Good old Windows 3.1 haha.... then got into gaming and all the lighting stuff. The Vega is still a good card. AMD stuff is good value, the Nividia stuff is getting a bit silly price wise. The bosses son is running 2x 1080Ti’s, i9 CPU I believe..... to play fortnite! Little extreme haha.

lol... very excessive setup for Fortnite.... :)

Mainly play Battlefield and Far Cry but also play PUBG and Fortnite (badly)

My Steam account is full of all sorts of random stuff that I generally buy when its on sale lol

<tuffty/>

My Steam account is full of all sorts of random stuff that I generally buy when its on sale lol

<tuffty/>

Stream is really good, I have unfortunately converted to the console gaming. I use to play a lot of COD.... but then it got silly after modern warfare. Farcry is an ace game, the Kyrat one has to be my fave.

Part of me wishes I’d continued the computer side of things, but joining the army seemed like the better option at the time haha.

Fitted alarm unit having replaced the batteries as per the DIY.

The recent cold weather finished it off with the alarm randomly sounding when locked.

Cleared fault codes and they haven't returned yet. Also the lock confirmation 'chirp' has returned.

Just hope the repair lasts.

Went over 80k today, the car had 63k when i brought it nearly four years a go.

Still in love with it!

Reactions: DCH

<tuffty/>

we should roll some squads, Team 20v 8L hehe :p

we should roll some squads, Team 20v 8L hehe :p
Hah... given my KD is not even worth talking about I think you would change your mind a little on that lol

I have just upgraded it again recently to a Ryzen 5 2600x with a 250gb NVMe boot drive... it does shuffle along quite nicely
Bfv 2019 02 11 21 20 26 78

<tuffty/>

Hah... given my KD is not even worth talking about I think you would change your mind a little on that lol

I have just upgraded it again recently to a Ryzen 5 2600x with a 250gb NVMe boot drive... it does shuffle along quite nicely
View attachment 175576

<tuffty/>

Is that your frame rate top left PT?

New set of 18 inch Advan racing rg2 wheels and eibach 30mm lowering springs.

Attachments

• 1551634114450.jpg
    1551634114450.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 161
  • 1551634128671.jpg
    1551634128671.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 161
  • 1551634149475.jpg
    1551634149475.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 161
Reactions: Alex C and S3AMJ
Made one working cupholder out of two broken ones

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Alex C, DCH, S3JACKSON and 1 other person
Wheels off, arch liners off, ***** removed, cleaned and now all good. All 4 blades removed for inspection as well to see how the door bottoms look. Consumables, paint ( for blades and door touch ups) new ss screws ordered ready for refurb when I’m off Apri. All oils and filters purchased ready for full service this month. Noticed a leaking rocker gasket so that’ll need done now as well.

DCH

Reactions: S3JACKSON
Had a road trip to Bedford to pick up some 19” OZ Superleggera’s. Fitted all but one as the spigot ring was ******.

5ff0d86d4c42b6f797a395419378d3eb.jpg

1f40d42ae68eeed68bb1adbbbb244680.jpg

Reactions: yoursixx, hendo#1, hydro s3 and 1 other person