What have you done today?

Got my front discs and pads fitted, went for pagid all round and took me about 1 hour on the passenger side and 30min on driver side.
After battling with it last weekend all I did was ease the piston in with a g-clamp then pumped the brakes to get it out again, then pushed it back in with glamp and so on.
Just need bedding in and maybe some calliper paint now.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    147.7 KB · Views: 233
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 265
Last edited:
What size bush did you end up going with?

I had to go 21mm... When I ordered 19 LOL
19mm....the guys at awesome gti didn't know so I measured with a micrometer and could of sworn it was 20mm. He said he's never sold that size for an S3 then said he'd get back to me in 5 mins, when he called he said its 19mm. I checked online and apparently every S3 has 19mm, to be fair they did fit.

mayb oz has different spec.... 19mm diameter was much too small. the ends didn't even meet up and the bracket was not in any way going to get on there with the 19mm hole

spent the day breaking an A3 8L, Brought the car last night and then sent the day striping off the parts i wanted, get to spend tomorrow getting more bits off

Attachments

• FullSizeRender (1).jpg
    FullSizeRender (1).jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 222
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 213
  • IMG_9547.jpg
    IMG_9547.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 214
  • IMG_9548.jpg
    IMG_9548.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 209
the netting on th back of the seats.... would they fit on the Recaro seats on the S3????

Spent today removing most of the interior parts off the doner car today, so now it's basically just the dashboard (can't figure out how to remove it, anyone know how to?) no carpet, trim or feeling left, let's say it's been productive, had to remove seats from 1 car and install them in another, aswell as then change over some panels on my own car, but the person who brought the seats has an engine that makes me jealous,

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 225
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 194
So I've been running my beema for some months now. It's such a great machine but I really do miss the insanity of my s3!!!

Planning on mapping the beema but with a JB4 so hopefully I can book in @badger5 and play around with the map to see what happens! Slowly trying to convert bill to bmw-ism! Might pop over tomorrow, not been over in a while!

So I've been running my beema for some months now. It's such a great machine but I really do miss the insanity of my s3!!!

Planning on mapping the beema but with a JB4 so hopefully I can book in @badger5 and play around with the map to see what happens! Slowly trying to convert bill to bmw-ism! Might pop over tomorrow, not been over in a while!
Only if you bring food... and gloves ;)

<tuffty/>

Had the car for about 10 months now and nearly got all the jobs done.

The car had a new front anti roll bar when it was two years old because the collars had snapped.The front is still fine but the rear anti roll bar(15mm) is original and when i first inspected the car found the collars on it had broken.

Did a bit of research and fitted the 16mm anti roll bar with new bush's,brackets,links and bolts.

Makes a nice difference:sunglasses:

Today I commenced the refurbishment of the paintwork on the new purchase. Don't think it's been pampered lately

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    897.3 KB · Views: 186
Replaced the oil strainer today. Found it wasn't too bad had a couple of bits of the oil dipstick tube in it. Done it for more piece of mind, will check tomorrow if the sump has sealed ok !

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 193
Today I mostly took some pictures of a bridge....

20160228-IMG_8956-HDR.jpg

20160228-IMG_8941-HDR.jpg

<tuffty/>

Reactions: S3JACKSON and Alex C
had major issues, back fires, spluttering etc, diagnosed it to be low fuel pressure, picked up a 2nd hand fuel pump from a breaker for cheap, issues sorted.

also replaced spark plug leads, cam cover gasket as it was leaking and the flange gasket, still hearing some blowing from the exhaust so i suspect there might be a crack in the manifold.

First time im doing something like this

IMG 2434

Cam Cover back on, also cleaned (or tried to clean) the engine bay a tiny bit

IMG 2437

I only paid R550 (roughly 25 Pounds) for the fuel pump, it did come out of a high mileage vehicle but hopefully it will survive until next year.

IMG 2440

Spent my 40th at knockhill

DSC_0045.jpg

DSC_0046.jpg

DSC_0061.jpg

No quite a S3 8L but amazing fun 30 laps tuition with Gordon Sheddon then a few hot laps . Great guy even found time to take my wife round before we left.

Reactions: feck_on_a_stick, tomjol, S3JACKSON and 1 other person
Took the bumper off for the 1st time to investigate badly leaking window washer. Turned out pipe had just came away from joint. Put it all back together and headlight washers work for the 1st time since owning S3 (2 years) so well chuffed

Reactions: jojo
Tried power max typhoon wax and well chuffed with it really easy to apply and remove

IMAG0377.jpg

Reactions: feck_on_a_stick, AbsS2 and Erikn89nl
took advantage of the good weather

Reactions: Alex C, JUS3IN, feck_on_a_stick and 1 other person
Started to tackle the manky headlights today. Dual action polisher and some cutting compound, followed by some Wolfgang sealant. Starting to look better

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 190
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 157
Changed the oil and filter on my 2003 S3. It was last done only 3500 miles ago by myself, but as it hit a milestone of 80,000 I figured I'd change it again.

It'll be getting changed every 5000 miles now, a nice easy interval to keep track of.

In other news, my gearbox started getting sloppy and crunching into 3rd, but only when really sending it on, fast changes, high revs etc. Normal driving wouldn't affect it.

Google threw up many, many horror stories of the syncro's being on their way out, alas many £££'s to fix.

So I went under the bonnet to reset the linkage cables to see if I could improve it, and what did I find? The nut holding the linkage mechanism to the shifter tower was loose. Tightened it up and all is well in the World again, no crunching no matter how hard I try to provoke it, and much more positive shifting.

I love a happy ending.

A busy couple of days for me - fitted B8's, H&R springs including LCR top mounts/bearings/rear bump pads, R32 rear arb & poly bushes, tie rods/rod ends, drop links front & back, front arb poly bushed, new injector seats, cleaned injectors. Not sure LCR top mounts were a good move, as front is sitting considerably higher than the rear.

Reactions: IPG
Replaced split PCV pipe with silicone replacement. Improved MPG, plus quieter and smoother running. Win win win.

Also fitted 80mm Jetex cone and heatshield. Now got to get used to the increased induction and DV noises.

Changed my rear brake pipes and flex's, just the fuel tank straps/bolts left to change and under the car is mint:sunglasses:

And fitted a rear tow cover!

Gave the car a scan and no faults:tongueout:

Reactions: jojo and S3AMJ
Changed my rear brake pipes and flex's, just the fuel tank straps/bolts left to change and under the car is mint:sunglasses:

And fitted a rear tow cover!

Gave the car a scan and no faults:tongueout:

How much were the rear brake pipes and flex's mate?

S3AMJ Wrote

The brake pipes were £44.46 each from TPS,flex's were from ebay around £25

S3AMJ Wrote

The brake pipes were £44.46 each from TPS,flex's were from ebay around £25

Nice one thanks, something I need to invest in a month or two, just starting to show some corrosion, nothing serious but like must of you on here, I like to keep the car in mint condition :)

Reactions: S3JACKSON