1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

What have you done today?

jojo Nov 17, 2013

1. S3AMJ

S3AMJ OEM+

Yeah your running an AGN engine aren’t you in your A3? Is there usually loads of stuff trailing over the head? Pipes, etc. Mad such a nice rocker cover to be covered up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MPH likes this.
  2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. MPH

MPH Registered User

Indeed it is AGN it is covered in all sorts such a shame can I ask what is that small dent near the oil filler as mine has the same?

4. Asim1

Asim1 Registered User

Very nice..and good price. Did they prep it for painting themselves?

5. S3AMJ

S3AMJ OEM+

Not sure bud, I thought maybe it was just a defect, or someone has knocked it or something. If yours has the exact same in the same place..... could be where something that sits on it and has wore it down over time? Not sure

MPH likes this.
  6. S3AMJ

S3AMJ OEM+

I did a little bit of work on the rocker cover in preparation. To be fair to them, they shot blasted both parts and masked off the areas I didn’t want to be painted. I’m about to make a new TIP, once it’s all cut and welded I’ll get them to powder coat that as well.

Asim1 likes this.
  7. Asim1

Asim1 Registered User

Brilliant cant wait to see

8. Asim1

Asim1 Registered User

painted my new charge pipe from @Tj 0785 put into the car and looks good slowly coming together. Black and red engine bay. Thanks again Tj

9. Asim1

Asim1 Registered User

Quite happy with the outcome

Attached Files:

danny_dj3, MPH, S3AMJ and 1 other person like this.
  10. S3AMJ

S3AMJ OEM+

Looking tidy chap, just get that rocker cover painted makes a huge difference

Asim1 and Tj 0785 like this.
  11. Asim1

Asim1 Registered User

I've got one that I've already painted..going to redo it though as I wasnt too pleased with the outcome. Hopefully by next month will have done that and got the rocker gasket all changed aswell

MPH and S3AMJ like this.
  12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. MPH

MPH Registered User

Bolts 9-1 Undo 1-9 do up.jpg Bolt sequence for engine cover Sealant chain side.jpg Sealant belt side.jpg 9 to 1 undo 1 to 9 do up and sealant locations for when your ready @Asim1

14. Asim1

Asim1 Registered User

MPH likes this.
  15. MPH

MPH Registered User

16. Asim1

Asim1 Registered User

MPH likes this.
  17. MPH

MPH Registered User

@S3AMJ now you have got me wanting to paint mine in satin silver even though I have just put it back on lol...If my stainless steel bolts don't turn up today looking like it's coming off.

Sent from Syknet Global Defence Network

Asim1 and S3AMJ like this.
  18. S3AMJ

S3AMJ OEM+

It’s a nice clean subtle colour. Different tastes different people mate. I don’t fancy the outty shouty stuff these days. I spoke to my powdercoaters yesterday about doing my halfcage and wheels in the same colour he just laughed at me, he said “you really like that colour, don’t you!” Apparently it’s only a standard Vauxhall metallic silver. I like it because it’s got depth, some silvers are a little plain and washed out.

Asim1 and MPH like this.
  19. MPH

MPH Registered User

I've got some u-pol wheel silver and Honda satin silver knocking about also got some acid etch primer if there's no deliveries today is coming off like I said earlier your colour silver looks really good keep looking at it persuade me in the direction of painting mine now no thanks for that.

Asim1 and S3AMJ like this.
  20. S3AMJ

S3AMJ OEM+

You know it makes sense bud I’ll keep posting more stuff as it happens......

Asim1 and MPH like this.
  21. MPH

MPH Registered User

Nice one looking forward to seeing it

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
    S3AMJ and Asim1 like this.
  22. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator

Today I finally got the S3's front alignment done... I had fitted new track rod ends and ball joints a while back but obviously with all thats been going on its not been top of the list of things to do...

Obviously as a responsible (debatably) person I was masked :)
    wibble001.jpg

...although there were still people coming and going that weren't...

Happy that I did a car thing I went home to enjoy a few hours gaming in the comfort of my rather spiffing new chair :D
    wibble002.jpg

Its rather comfortable unlike my previous one which was like sitting on concrete with a microfibre for cushioning!

<tuffty/>

23. S3AMJ

S3AMJ OEM+

Liking the setup you got there mate, proper man cave. I’m just attempting to play some stranded deep at the moment.... trying to find a good map seed is a nightmare. Longest I’ve survived..... 3 days haha

danny_dj3 likes this.
  24. MPH

MPH Registered User

Acid etch on will be silvering tomorrow once the primer is ready. 20200725_132630.jpg Filled the minor dents with upol alloy filler

Asim1, S3AMJ and danny_dj3 like this.
  25. danny_dj3

danny_dj3 Registered User

nice setup there tuffty, been looking at grabbing a G7 odyssey monitor this week, but off to spain for a couple of weeks to chill so prob grab it when i get back.

you tried no mans sky Ash? just had an update n been messing about on it and quite enjoying it atm.

lol, we should get a audi-sport gamer team on the go ;)

took the car out for a spin to get some more miles on her, now got about 65 miles to go before its run in and i do the oil and filter change. still running really sweet and smooth and it certainly pulls better. i managed to fix one of the folding seat mechanisims, which was the little poly lug thats on the arm to release the system, however the drivers one is something more internally as its just not releasing.

MPH likes this.
  26. S3AMJ

S3AMJ OEM+

A friend of mine has shown me no mans sky mate. It looks pretty good, I just don’t have the time anymore to put much effort into gaming anymore

27. danny_dj3

yeah, i tend to be on it more for chilling rather than serious gaming. used to be a head admin in a 100+ gaming comunity, did about 9-10 years of it. good fun, good set of lads, mostly ex forces and over squeaker age :)

28. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator

My anxiety limits my ability to interact with most people tbh... I am a fairly casual gamer... in so much that I am not 'competitive' but I do have more time eon my hands at the moment so play more hours than I probably should...

I am mostly playing The Division 2 and Death Stranding at the moment... some 700hrs in TD2, and about 70hrs in DS currently which considering it was only released on PC on the 14th July is not bad going LOL

@danny_dj3 .... I have an LG 27GL850 1440p monitor... its pretty epic to be fair... IQ is much better than my TN 1080p panel which was in itself fairly good

<tuffty/>

29. S3AMJ

S3AMJ OEM+

Holy cow! 700hrs that’s serious. 70hrs on DS in a couple weeks is pretty impressive. I’m itching for cyberpunk to come out.... if they ever realise the dam thing. I think Skyrim is probably the only game I’ve lost count how many hours I’ve put in. One of those games you keep going back to starting all over again. Must have completed it 8-10 times now.

30. MPH

MPH Registered User

20200725_204108.jpg 20200725_210803.jpg 20200725_161329.jpg Done definitely looking better!

31. S3AMJ

S3AMJ OEM+

MPH likes this.
  32. MPH

MPH Registered User

Cheers mate many thanks

33. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

34. danny_dj3

.......5700hours on path of exile. 2k plus on rust, god knows what else hence buying a project car :D

<tuffty/> and MPH like this.
  35. danny_dj3

well got the car back from the garage after the MOT. new springs on the rear, top mounts and a help getting through the emission cough cough. cat now fitted, but all good. drove home and noticed when i turn left my right tyre squeals and after a quick look, my tracking is miles out so i now have to find time to get it aligned [ any recommendations for the manchester area peeps?] this means i have to find a day off in the rather hectic schedule thats seen me work pretty much constant for the last 3 weeks solid.
    was nice to get back in it after a 2 1/2 week break tho :)

bought myself one of them g7 monitors and started to look for a 8p rather than the rs3. need the 5 door really for the kids etc etc but not getting rid of the 8l :D

MPH likes this.
  36. MPH

MPH Registered User

Tracking must have gone out after you had the top mounts done mate got the bits to do mine but haven't got around to doing it yet.

37. danny_dj3

yeah, the wheel was a giveaway as it was pointing about 1/8th of a turn to the left but i didnt notice it till i had got up the road from the garage.

38. MPH

MPH Registered User

Lol