1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What have you done today?

jojo Nov 17, 2013

1. hydro s3

hydro s3 S3 amk Team Ming Blue Audi S3

Send them back. Nothing worse than a seller talking poo. Saying there real just so you would buy them he should get band in some way for selling fake ones as real. Pisses me of that poo.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Tj 0785

Tj 0785 Well-Known Member VCDS Map User Bronze Supporter Audi S3

Yeah he swears down that they are real chrome but you can see the different colour underneath the finish where it’s been scratched in the inside of the casing and that only the 8p had aluminium case I told him to google the info for him self

4. hydro s3

Just a chancer. Tell him you want your money back or you will open a case against him.

5. Tj 0785

All ready started a case I should of kept the other pair I had a few months ago Think I will just get some new from tps

6. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

past couple of days I have mostly been redesigning my blog.... been a bit of a ballache but happy with the results :)
    Screen Shot 2018-01-12 at 23.12.33.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-12 at 22.54.46.png

Needed something to show my pics off seeing as photobucket should be pretty much binned off pretty soon

<tuffty/>

Sam_ likes this.
  7. Stuart B

Stuart B Well-Known Member

is that a russian blue?

8. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

British blue... she's one of my girls :)

<tuffty/>

9. Stuart B

We made over 100 when we were breeding British Shorthair, But our reds were too red, our blues we too grey, undershot jaw, too many white hairs in tortie's chocolate etc etc maybe the photo makes her face look less typey.

This is Amber's first litter
    IMG_0062.JPG

And Tia Maria
    IMG_0219.JPG

And our 1st British patchouli
    IMG_0137.JPG

We had to stop breeding after my bike accident. Also had a few kitten deaths and one born alive with its insides on the outside.

<tuffty/> likes this.
  10. S3 Hilife

S3 Hilife It's an addiction Team Dolphin Grey VCDS Map User Gold Supporter Audi S3 quattro

Took my s3 out for a drive for the first time in 3 months. I’d forgotten how much fun it is to drive :racer: also had a long list of jobs I wanted to get done whilst it was off the road but literally only got about 20% through it before filing it in the ‘To do another day/month/year’ folder, Haha

11. <tuffty/>

Last night I mostly had a crack at the Orion Nebula as it was a clear (ish) night....

The Orion Nebula (Messier 42) is situated in Orion's 'sword'... the middle and brightest 'star' as seen in this widefield image I took before christmas..
    [​IMG]

This is just a quick edit of a single image and therefore quite 'noisy'...
    [​IMG]

Next task is to stack the 10 good images I got from the session along with some dark frames to improve the signal to noise ratio and then process properly in Photoshop... that should improve the image quality a bit if I have done it right

First time out for using the tracker mount and quite pleased with the results... this was of course just using a DSLR and my 100-400L lens... no telescopes..

<tuffty/>

12. Avatar

13. hendo#1

hendo#1 Active Member

Brilliant work. I'm lucky enough to live in an area of very low light pollution, the stars always amaze me.

In other news I think I have purchased a set of reclining buckets for the front of my S3 8L.

The standard (unheated, full leather) Recaros are a whopping 35.5KG each, verified on my scales today.

The new ones are 12KG a piece.

Thats some saving.

Alex C and IanPG like this.
  14. andrew_wright

andrew_wright Member

Better quality than NASA. Nice work.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

15. <tuffty/>

....I have since re-edited the image... I took nearly 30 images of which 10 were useable so stacked those with 7 dark frames, faffed in PS and LR to produce this...

[​IMG]

Surprising how much noise gets removed and detail revealed with stacking... :)

<tuffty/>

Stuart B, Sam_, Lavis89 and 1 other person like this.
  16. hendo#1

hendo#1 Active Member

Fitted my new KW V1 Inox coilovers today, aswell as the R32 rear ARB.

The difference with the ARB is quite remarkable.

Need to let it settle and have a play with ride heights now. Then tracking.

tomjol likes this.
  17. hendo#1

hendo#1 Active Member

Fitted a pair of old OMP reclining bucket seats and saved 27kg's.

Metal framework at the bottom still to be painted.

I still need to plastidip the backs satin black to blend them into the interior a bit more too.

I also removed the spare wheel set as I have Brembo front brakes and the space saver won't fit. I will put it back in for longer journeys however.

Total weight saved - 50KG.

Attached Files:

Tomsy, tomjol, Dohcwp and 2 others like this.
  18. Tj 0785

Looks decent the back of them
    Needs toning down like you say. it’s hard to believe how heavy the original seats are

19. GeorgieS3

GeorgieS3 Active Member It's my birthday

They look great!

20. tomjol

tomjol Active Member

Silver paint? Leave them, say they're "(new) S1 inspired" :whistle2:

21. highlanderian

highlanderian Member

After national windscreens broke my washer jet pipe, they agreed for audi to repair it. Gutted when they said they'd have to have it back on Tuesday as they didn't have all the parts. Quite chuffed though, when she said there was a recall on the coil packs, 4 free coil packs fitted when I take it back on Tuesday

22. hydro s3

That's good I wouldn't have thought they would still do that on these cars now.

23. highlanderian

highlanderian Member

Me either, I knew about the recall. I thought that would have been done with ages ago. Not complaining though :)

24. hydro s3

No I wouldn't complain about it either. Mine is in the service book back in 2007.

25. highlanderian

highlanderian Member

Lol that's a while ago. Do you think the corrosion warranty might still be an option? :)

26. hydro s3

Worth an ask. If there still going to do your coil packs after all this time. I'd wait though until they do your coil packs before asking just incase.

27. highlanderian

highlanderian Member

Lol good advice. I'l kkeep that in mind for Tuesday

hydro s3 likes this.
  28. hydro s3

Let us know how you get on I'd be intrested to hear what they say on the matter.

29. highlanderian

highlanderian Member

Not expecting much, but I'll definitely be asking about it. I'l l you know mate

30. S3JACKSON

S3JACKSON Active Member

Today i wished i had heated seats..........................

0 AUDI S3 429.JPG

31. Tj 0785

DFD540B4-7D55-43EE-ABBF-C0834BB4BA82.jpeg Drove 200 mile round trip to pick up these 18z calipers adapters And new hel lines Girlfriend didn’t see the funny side that I spent £300 on brakes for a car that’s not moved in over a year

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
  32. Alex C

Alex C Well-Known Member VCDS Map User Audi S3

That's a 47kg saving?

33. Avatar

34. hendo#1

hendo#1 Active Member

By the time I had swapped over the lower subframes, made my own brackets and installed runners the final total saved changing the 2 front seats was 27KGs, 13.5KGs per seat saving.

GeorgieS3 likes this.
  35. GeorgieS3

GeorgieS3 Active Member It's my birthday

This weekend I replaced a worn droplink, new pads. And fitted new headlights from trups. Amazing light in comparison to the old set, so much more clarity - even compared to my brothers 2016 Volvo v40 LED lights.
    Love them! Haven’t driven the car in the dark properly yet as I need 4 wheels alignment - waiting on rear tie arms.

6404AF12-D7E9-4F50-B42D-A8AC86CC0BDF.jpeg
    F5A15922-4133-4EF6-87E2-C11DAFFCA016.jpeg

S3 Hilife, ToughlilT and S3JACKSON like this.
  36. NIGE28

NIGE28 Active Member

Finally deleted the pcv breather set up! Fed up of leaks.

37. S3JACKSON

S3JACKSON Active Member

Replaced rear shocks, nothing wrong with them but have been on the car for 16 years and i like new shiny bits.

Cleaned wheel arches and liners and treated some spots of rust, very good condition for a 16 year old car.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ToughlilT, hydro s3 and S3 Hilife like this.
  38. hendo#1

hendo#1 Active Member

Gave my Brembo's a thorough strip & clean.

I fully refurbished these about 18 months ago, split calipers, all new seals etc. They were brand new.

If you run Brembo's on your car I fully suggest you do the same, and give them a spring clean. Ive never known any caliper corrode so readily, they are made of the softest alloy known to man.

My car is a weekend toy that gets garaged over winter. They have seen plenty rain but barely any salt. I blow them dry with an airline whenever I wash my car. I'm amazed by how minging they were.

Attached Files:

39. S3JACKSON

S3JACKSON Active Member

Taxed the car for another year,£315!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:blink:

40. Stuart B

most S3 owners spend that a month keeping the thing running

41. S3JACKSON

S3JACKSON Active Member

42. tcg

tcg Well-Known Member

At least your not spending that much on hair products,like some members on here :blush:

S3JACKSON likes this.
  43. hydro s3

Went out today to fit a new well of flea bay alarm siren. What a nightmare of a place they put it in. Got new one in but still only the hazard lights flashing.
    I did notice when I had disconnected the old one that the 3 lines on it where all green and corroded. I tryed to clean the electric connector as best I could.
    Would that be the best next thing to get a car electrician to wire up.a new connector?
    I should have put this in my build thread. Is there a way to move it? 20180414_193201.jpg