What have you done today?

Fitted the new door I bought months ago as my window clip snapped in my rusty door, the window frame/ subrame was totally the wrong angle on the a3 door skin...? Hanging about 2 inch away from the roof!! Guess s3 is wider than we all think? A3 door, s3 subframe it is then..
Gave her a good clean and sprayed the front rings to match the wheels which match the blades and bumper inserts!-)

Attachments

• DSC_0691.JPG
    DSC_0691.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 283
Had my new brakes fitted :)
Well not technically today but in the last few days!!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 292
After being laid up ill for the last 5 weeks I was itching to get out and do a couple of little jobs on the car finally.

Replaced the worn out rubber fuel hoses to the fuel rail which desperately needed doing as they were full of cracks
dbe8b5dfd6f8ed2fcf03667f45aed3c9.jpg

And re located the injector wiring harness to below the fuel rail to neaten it up
55c6f77a583959131d50c9a8531d6521.jpg

Just to add, the fuel lines were much worse than I expected with some very deep splits so to be on the safe side check your fuel lines guys

Doesn't look as bad in the picture:
53e3d39117ddf8bfac7427d27ca95f21.jpg

Steve

Last edited:
Reactions: Tomsy, IPG and superkarl
After receiving a much better quality intercooler I've mocked up, measured, cut and marked all my pipework to be welded, including the cold side boost pipe which is one piece from intercooler to the throttle body
53183000ab5cce82e4bda66e0106e7b8.jpg

a749d3000e0c79fd5a9783f24ecfa29b.jpg

I've also taken a punt on a super super cheap small battery on eBay
625826360b6a08edee5cfee964d9608f.jpg

As my 63mm pipework has no chance of going between the headlight and a normal size battery, not with the direct routing I want.

Reactions: S3 Hilife, Sam_ and S3AMJ
Hooked up battery and started car... Let run for 30mins

Basically cars in bits awaiting respray (been like this for past 8-10weeks).

Having withdrawal symptoms seeing it stripped down.

After being laid up ill for the last 5 weeks I was itching to get out and do a couple of little jobs on the car finally.

Replaced the worn out rubber fuel hoses to the fuel rail which desperately needed doing as they were full of cracks
dbe8b5dfd6f8ed2fcf03667f45aed3c9.jpg

And re located the injector wiring harness to below the fuel rail to neaten it up
55c6f77a583959131d50c9a8531d6521.jpg

Just to add, the fuel lines were much worse than I expected with some very deep splits so to be on the safe side check your fuel lines guys

Doesn't look as bad in the picture:
53e3d39117ddf8bfac7427d27ca95f21.jpg

Steve

What diameter size pipe did you use ? Think I'll replace mine as they look similar condition to yours .

What diameter size pipe did you use ? Think I'll replace mine as they look similar condition to yours .

It's 8mm internal diameter ( -6 ) 1m length is enough to do the feed and return. If you use braided hose you will need 4 rubber end finnishers to fit 11-12mm external diameter hose plus 4 fuel hose clamps to suit, (the hose clamps supplied with mine were 13-15mm but seemed slightly too small so i'm going to try some the next size up)

Steve

last night I mostly took pictures of the dark...

20160405-IMG_0415.jpg

20160405-IMG_0420.jpg

20160405-IMG_0425.jpg

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Gib, tomjol, S3JACKSON and 4 others
some interior love

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-04-08 at 20.09.07.JPG
    Screen Shot 2016-04-08 at 20.09.07.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 244
Reactions: tony_a3 and david7m
best MacGyver moment in a while!!! that should be a new thread for LOL's "MacGyver Moments"

When you have a 250mile journey in the morning this is how you fix a broken window reg:
589dbaec7daa885e7aa0c2b68d3997f5.jpg

#cowboy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: superkarl
Nipped into town for a pint and seen these bad boys roaring past, sounded even better than they looked

hot1.jpg

hot2.jpg

Reactions: Alex C
I slept all day. Then woke up and cried because I miss my S3. But it's ok, the M135i is keeping me company, soon to buy that thing a remap!

Reactions: Goubo1
MOT after being off the road for over a year. Flew through with only 2 advisories (for top mounts that are going to be swapped out anyway). Taxed and insured now too.

Unplugged the N75 until it is remapped.

Time to get some testing miles on the new engine now. Can't wait!

MOT after being off the road for over a year. Flew through with only 2 advisories (for top mounts that are going to be swapped out anyway). Taxed and insured now too.

Unplugged the N75 until it is remapped.

Time to get some testing miles on the new engine now. Can't wait!

How's the engine running? Still my old engine?

3 days ago... Replaced ESP and a speedo LED on my cluster. Fired up OK 1st go.

Next power up. FIS Display goes all red, slowly fades in and out, and dims to display nothing. Time and ODO panels also faded and noticed that the two LED's I've put in are brighter than any other on the panel. DAMMIT!!!

install cluster back in to car. Immo light flashy flashy.

GODDAMMIT!!!

Push car into the naughty corner.

Obtain 2nd hand cluster VCDS to pair used cluster and key back to car... VCDS doesn't play!

****!!!

Extract EEPROM from ECU ... Extract EEPROM from 2nd hand cluster... Great... It looks like The Matrix.

Research research research - find relevant hex bits to match VIN / IMMO / SKC
Use VCDS to check. Success! ECU now matched to cluster. Try to do key coding as immo still flashing.

No result! Crank the car but no start. Immo light goes into faster flashing mode and scan = incorrect key coding. Noshitsherlock!

More research...

TODAY

find that I've missed another piece of coding that I need to transfer over. Located the pattern in the cluster dump. Transfer ECU information to cluster - reflash and car off.

Try key matching procedure using VCDS. This time the immo light goes solid for a second. THEN WENT OUT!!! YYYEEESSSS!!!

Ignition off and start the car. Crank the car but no start. WHAT!!! immo light is gone now though WTF?!?!??!

Go drop off the Cosby kids... try the car again...

SUCCESS!

All in all I learnt pretty quickly how to match the ECU/keys/cluster the long way. ****** VCDS! You're great and all... Except when you don't work!!!

WIN!

Reactions: S3 Hilife
3 days ago... Replaced ESP and a speedo LED on my cluster. Fired up OK 1st go.

Next power up. FIS Display goes all red, slowly fades in and out, and dims to display nothing. Time and ODO panels also faded and noticed that the two LED's I've put in are brighter than any other on the panel. DAMMIT!!!

install cluster back in to car. Immo light flashy flashy.

GODDAMMIT!!!

Push car into the naughty corner.

Obtain 2nd hand cluster VCDS to pair used cluster and key back to car... VCDS doesn't play!

****!!!

Extract EEPROM from ECU ... Extract EEPROM from 2nd hand cluster... Great... It looks like The Matrix.

Research research research - find relevant hex bits to match VIN / IMMO / SKC
Use VCDS to check. Success! ECU now matched to cluster. Try to do key coding as immo still flashing.

No result! Crank the car but no start. Immo light goes into faster flashing mode and scan = incorrect key coding. Noshitsherlock!

More research...

TODAY

find that I've missed another piece of coding that I need to transfer over. Located the pattern in the cluster dump. Transfer ECU information to cluster - reflash and car off.

Try key matching procedure using VCDS. This time the immo light goes solid for a second. THEN WENT OUT!!! YYYEEESSSS!!!

Ignition off and start the car. Crank the car but no start. WHAT!!! immo light is gone now though WTF?!?!??!

Go drop off the Cosby kids... try the car again...

SUCCESS!

All in all I learnt pretty quickly how to match the ECU/keys/cluster the long way. ****** VCDS! You're great and all... Except when you don't work!!!

WIN!

Nicely done, All worked out in the end I bet that was a relief to hear the engine start after all that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah to hear it start and then immo kick in is SUCH a tease! LOL

Brings the understanding of these things to a whole new level that's for sure

Not Audi related but I made some boxes .
Had to make 2 boxes similar to the original ecu box as pictured below on a car i'm building atm.

a8a134e7745bcd8a8e8a5b41d550aa1c.jpg

Made from a sheet of ally. Folded, welded, cut, grounded, drilled and tapped.

ae419289e4d76e14fa2aca5af1c19b5d.jpg

Test fit
3eaf2e90e71a2ab2f9b7081b43b1dffc.jpg

Powder coated to match
1bab88e5808a26ac7ea2f50f76b1bca6.jpg

Finished
b39bdb9b13bd291342069de23d35d3a5.jpg

Reactions: moisty and S3JACKSON
Busy weekend, car passing the MOT with flying colours, finally fitted my newly refurbished RSTT genuine alloys and a nice new set of Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric 3's all round :)

Oh and sorted out my dam popping door blades!

Hello guys I took my car for a drive and I used dascomand and it came up with this any help would be nice cheers
Uploadfromtaptalk1460994912641

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

No mark_s3

ended up deleting all the N80 stuff. Blocked off TIP, Blocked off pipe from TB, out comes the N80 valve and EVAP box.

Now boosting up to 1.5bar and not getting stuck at 1 like before. Knew something was up!!!

I wanted a louder exhaust so I did this!

Chopped some more!

Welded it back up!

Sounds great!

I think so superkarl

Oil & filter change after low oil warning light came on. thought no point in topping up just to drain it again for the 130k km service.

forgot how annoying it is to get it out!

I did that once, you'll soon regret it

lol what happened?

I wanted a louder exhaust so I did this!

Chopped some more!

Welded it back up!

Sounds great!

Haha I did that as well but also cut it in half. Didn't make as much difference as I thought it would but definitely better under full boost. Had it on for about 3 years before I changed to a TT exhaust

Not today as such but yesterday... day off work so went out togging...

20160420-IMG_0796.jpg

20160420-IMG_0846.jpg

20160420-IMG_0826.jpg

20160420-IMG_0856-HDR.jpg

20160420-IMG_0865-HDR.jpg

20160420-IMG_0879.jpg

20160420-IMG_0889-HDR.jpg

20160420-IMG_0896-HDR.jpg

<tuffty/>

Reactions: AbsS2, S3JACKSON and scotty_24
Brought some stainless steel fuel tank straps......................

Reactions: jojo