What have you done today?

Amazing weekend....so busy I didn't even get a moment to post on here.

Ended up driving 736 miles on Saturday to go and meet chaz and picking up an interior :)

Then yesterday went of to BTCC at brands hatch :D

Two days booked of from work now so I can get the full interior in
Is the BTCC on catchup tv anywhere?

Is the BTCC on catchup tv anywhere?

ITV4 have the rights IIRC and according to this the highlights will be on the Saturday...

British Touring Cars Championship | BTCC - Sport

Some great racing on display - although I'm not a fan of Plato I have to admit he put on some great skills in that second race.

Ooooo and I saw the New S3 Salloon in BTCC spec :)

(Yes I did only really need to add one picture- but I felt we needed to see all angles on this :eyebrows: )

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 200
  • photo 2 (1).jpg
    photo 2 (1).jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 174
Reactions: The Doctor, Lavis89 and s3dave
Watched first 2 races of the BTCC last night still got the third to watch yet.

Then got my alignment checked as fitted some new bits recently and all is now straight and true.

Now just washed off what seemed like half the Sahara desert sand that the rain shower left on my car along with what can only be described as massive bird cr4p that looks like it had been done by a passing ostrich!

I can't see a car in the second picture? Lol. :laugh:

Reactions: Nilz
Love that, Kwistof! Best time of the day for a spot of detailing. And no neighbours to make "funny" comments about rubbing the ****** paint off. Ha ha ******' ha.

Reactions: jitvv, Nilz and kwistof
Ordered all the hoses, alloy pipes, n75 boss, map sensor boss, and dump valve boss to make up the pipe work for my intercooler :D. should arrive just in time for my car to come back from the body shop, will probably put off doing it for ages though

MOT tomorrow at 9am so have just been and checked all the silly things so one number plate light fixed and managed to fix one of the little bulbs in the high level brake light too.

So all should be good :)

I had high revs (2000) problem, on start up as well as problem starting when engine was hot.
So ordered a 'crankshaft sensor' and fitted it today, took me 50minutes all in and problems sorted.
Very happy :icon_thumright:

Reactions: Lavis89
Had my car mapped at Badger5, highly recomended... very happy :D not sure my bank account will be with the ammount of v power that im about to purchase

Reactions: Lavis89, Pubemammal and The Doctor
I had high revs (2000) problem, on start up as well as problem starting when engine was hot.
So ordered a 'crankshaft sensor' and fitted it today, took me 50minutes all in and problems sorted.
Very happy :icon_thumright:

Any chance of a quick guide? I've got this job to do myself and I'm not looking forward to it.. :(

20140402 21014820140402 21014820140402 210148Visited Brotek for detailing products and ended up with a remap and im more than pleased with both buys...

Reactions: Brodster
Got MOT`d :)

Went straight through bar some dodgy CO2 emissions being a tad high. So got some wynn`s engine clean additive and went for a good blast and it managed to get through in the end (just) so thats that done for another 12 months

So now shes as ready as I can get her for visiting mr Bill @ B5 on the 17th for some new software :)

Last edited:
Reactions: s3dave
After 2 long years "snowflake" is on the road again, fresh pics just after first 500km :yahoo:

c95975068f8eada5d188b6f7bbcb5bc7a0818f20p.jpg

6d01835cdadd7b05df9f13ec9ff6b66189b73efep.jpg

ea6fdd4dfc0872d525d884a3339034df34b2e11ap.jpg

... still need some little work to be done but will be

chears guys

Reactions: Wallm0nkey, s3 Hoggy, The Doctor and 3 others
Dropped the car off to get my new B5 exhaust manifold, Devilsown WMI kit, Turbo ported and front and rear R32 ARB's fitted. Remap in the next week or so. :D

Took the headlights apart, polished the lenses... now need to buy a spray can to go joey mod ;)
012kleine.jpg

I fitted some Badger 5 330mm 2 piece discs to my car, quite surprised they are lighter than the one piece discs aswell!

5FFF15F9-84D4-4BCC-96A2-BF0C5244CBD6_zpswvlhub1j.jpg

Discs next to each other.

4479988E-9348-446F-AA21-14D99183E733_zps4azm4ctn.jpg

Still some room left on my 17" Avus

D5C9FF8A-CEC5-4519-B373-40C16FEEF1C8_zpsvbcrzjtl.jpg

Reactions: Pubemammal, samurai, kwistof and 1 other person
Got really wound up trying to remove double din stereo withcheap ebay keys. Finally admitted defeat after an hour.

Fitted a new crank position sensor, not a job I want to have to do again in a hurry. But it's never fun working under a car on axle stands. But now I don't have to worry about getting stranded somewhere anymore :)

Serviced the car today, including haldex oil and filter.

Also sorted my cat heat shield rattle as a couple of bolts had gone AWOL. Whilst I was under the car I noticed the exhaust back box heat shield was rattling too due to corroded nuts, so sorted those with some big washers and new nuts.

Also did the N249 delete, seems to make a difference to throttle response!

Got really wound up trying to remove double din stereo withcheap ebay keys. Finally admitted defeat after an hour.

I know the feeling lol, were can you get keys from that actually work ?

Ordered a set of D2S 6000k bulbs and a LED interior kit from Trups on here so hopefully it will arrive tues if poss and I can update the lighting a bit.

My car went off to the bodyshop today, getting the rusty rear arch sorted and sprayed, a couple dents popped and the front bumper resprayed. After I've got it back and put my Fmic sorted I won't be spending any money for a little while, spent quite enough in the past 6 months.

I went for a hoon. thrashed the living crap out of it.

Parked it up, had a few beers, watched the f1.

Good day

:racer:

Reactions: The Doctor and <tuffty/>
Received my full interior LED kit including number plate lights and a set of 6000k D2S bulbs from Trups on here (EM Tuning) all came individually labeled to make the install easier.

Managed to fit it all this afternoon and the difference seems much improved as its all crisp white now not dim yellow looking forward to it actually getting dark tonight to see the improved effect.

So in the meantime gave it a very quick wash inbetween rain showers.

Washed, decontaminated, clayed, polished and waxed the car today. Tomorrow I will put another coat of wax on it polish the wheels and do the inside.

I know the feeling lol, were can you get keys from that actually work ?

Audi, their only a couple of quid last time I looked, the ebay ones are too thin, doubling them up works though, well worked for me, it popped right out when I done that.

Had my MOT on Monday one split CV boot so not too bad really! Nice surprise for first MOT.

Yup Audi out of stock at my local dealer but only 2 days to get them in £5.83 plus vat for 4

I've just had a reply from Audi UK in which they have sent me the press release from February 1999 which contains all the information about the Audi S3 when it was presented for the first time to the UK.

It also turns out I do have an Audi exclusive colour on my S3 before it was an official option :arco:

Reactions: Lavis89 and Nilz
Just fitted decat and s2000 filter :) big difference in noise sounds so much better! Pulls a lot better aswell just have too change my front grill surround and rear badges now :)

Any chance of getting the press release posted up on here Kwistof? Would be interested to have a read myself.

Any chance of getting the press release posted up on here Kwistof? Would be interested to have a read myself.

Yeah can do fella- I got it sent as a pdf and it's 16 pages long with some lovely marketing lingo :kissmyrings:

I'll message one of the regular S3 8L mods and forward the email to them with the attachment, and hopefully they can add it to somewhere in this chassis section for anyone who'd like to view it :icon_thumright:

Reactions: CMcKenzie and Nilz