What have you done to your TT today or yesterday for that matter.

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Well today i replaced my old and disintegrated OE dogbone mount bushes with some more hardwearing powerflex items.
went red as for starters to see how it works vibe wise, anything is going to be so much better than the flimsy bit of rubber that fell out on Monday..

Tried to troubleshoot a battery that goes flat after 12 hours or so. Suspect the USB charge port I installed. Disconnected it, and got a cheap solar charger to see if either of those help.
Also sweated my butt off, because the AC quit at the same time that the battery died. Coincidence?
Also put the top down, and drove fast to keep cool. ;)

‘01 Nimbus Grey TTQ Roadster

Reactions: Charlie Farley and Sandra
Yesterday i finally got around to dealing with the jammed rear driver's side folding seat.
Pulled all the back seats out only to find the previous owner had managed to bend the seatback folding mechanism to the point where the seat just would not foldown more than halfway.
Off with the brackets etc and a 10 mins session in the vice with a big hammer soon had things nice and flat again, all refitted and jobs a good one.
I do like a nice problem free fix and zero expense. :yahoo: :icon thumright:

Reactions: Jimbo's TT
Been out for a nice country drive with the new rebuilt dogbone mount, and the improvement is so noticeable.
Gone have clonks and grinds and the really annoying vibes, really impressed with the improvement . :yahoo: :yes:

Red and purple, what a combo..lol
IMG 3572bone

Just need two new secondary air pump mounting bushes, noticed they were no longer bonded items let alone joined to bracket and pump.

Been out for a nice country drive with the new rebuilt dogbone mount, and the improvement is so noticeable.
Gone have clonks and grinds and the really annoying vibes, really impressed with the improvement . :yahoo: :yes:

Red and purple, what a combo..lolView attachment 242666

I remember doing that to my Mk4 GTI… was an excellent upgrade!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Charlie Farley
I really need to address the HU situation now as well, it is terrible and all the buttons are unreadable to add more annoyance to things.
Maybe a single din aftermarket unit will help things, may need new speakers now also.
I'd really like to fit the same as i have in my a4 bus, an alpine , not sure how bigger task it is though.
Dre1

Swapped out the hazard switch that was playing up, strangely the one fitted was one of the newer unit but still went wrong, i put back in an A version , seems ok for now.

Also replaced the ripped gear lever gaiter that has been getting on my nerves since acquiring the car, nice easy job until i found a previous owner had fitted an aftermarket item that was seized solid on the shaft, had to drill out the grubscrews, still another job done. :icon thumright:

The Sun was out today so a good time to get all the seats out for a long-overdue clean and condition also address the really dirty and less than ideal carpets and mats
IMG 3593
IMG 3580
Out with the vax carpet cleaner and also the vacuum too, after a good vacuum and 3 goes with the vax cleaning attachment i now have some more user-friendly carpets, also much fresher smelling for that matter, it's amazing how much dirt and crud buildup over the years, also popcorn that has been stuck to the carpet by the seat rails for years and turned to ectoplasm..lol

I'm getting there slowly but surely with the little car.

Full service on the TT yesterday, the oil and every filter changed.
I'd just had the car for a year and its only done 4k miles due to all the Covid and lockdown rules, however I was determined to get them all done so that I was sure and comfortable in my own mind that everything was good to go.

The Sun was out today so a good time to get all the seats out for a long-overdue clean and condition also address the really dirty and less than ideal carpets and matsView attachment 242842View attachment 242843.
Out with the vax carpet cleaner and also the vacuum too, after a good vacuum and 3 goes with the vax cleaning attachment i now have some more user-friendly carpets, also much fresher smelling for that matter, it's amazing how much dirt and crud buildup over the years, also popcorn that has been stuck to the carpet by the seat rails for years and turned to ectoplasm..lol

I'm getting there slowly but surely with the little car.
Ectoplasm. Love it! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Finally got around to finishing off a little project to give the centre console a bit of a facelift. The parts were painted and carbon dipped a couple of months ago but I then discovered i‘d have take most of the inside apart to fit them:scared2:. Given everything was going to be in pieces I also took the opportunity to start retrofiting Hill Hold Assist. Button and loom installed as part of the above. Next job to finish running loom into the engine bay, connect to the abs pump and then code.

840415E4 BCD2 47B3 AA8D FB735D4F8C51
9A589670 394B 443C 8BE6 0BC2E20A158D
8EADE04F 65E2 4C90 B0D3 E14324DD1609
1ABDEF53 1AA8 49A8 8663 3CE5E239DBFB
CDE87666 A770 41EE 8F7E 972C94942A91
3056E627 1CD2 4222 9441 2C0027B0CA10
C2053BF4 9A40 4426 9928 702888328604
C5F87740 7585 4B17 9987 7A85E883BE5D