What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

the upto date part is 06F 115 397 H

His DTM has the earlier BUL engine so possibly had an earlier revision part.
Not sure what leak he was suffering from possibly decided to just replace both to cover all possible failures etc.

other revisions .
Previous Revisions
  • 06F115397H
  • 06F115397F
  • 06F115397J
Cross Reference
  • 06F115397J

Anyone had success by changing the gaskets only??
If I was considering just a seal replacement I'd be checking the mating surfaces on the front and back of the unit to see if it is flat, any sign of distortorsion will confirm the complete assembly needs changing.

Given the thickness of the seal , provided its tightened down properly i think its going to be a good seal, unless the plastic unit has become that deformed or damaged in which case the leak would be a lot more than a small seap.

Looking at the undertray there is wet on the right of the centre which seems to be right side of the engine,
having a good look arround that area I found it wet on the engine block, see attached picture.

I can't see any leaks in mine. I think possibly the min level is a result of only having used the heater recently. I had a new matrix fitted at the same time as the new A/C compressor and for the first time over the last couple of months heating as been on. It took very little liquid to go from min to over max too. But it's going for a service imminently, so I'll have it double checked. The coolant is fresh, since it was flushed and replenished at the time.

Another advisory from last year was front disks
I’m embarrassed to say that I had a quick look and I thought they looked ok(ish) and they were being overzealous
Thought better safe than sorry so just collected new pagid disks and pads.Outer face didn’t look too bad but I’ve never seen anything like the inside ,almost like they’ve delaminated.
d1b102b159cb40ee159988efef67d323.jpg

8fba8069528be40a4a3abe3bced8430c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another advisory from last year was front disks
I’m embarrassed to say that I had a quick look and I thought they looked ok(ish) and they were being overzealous
Thought better safe than sorry so just collected new pagid disks and pads.Outer face didn’t look too bad but I’ve never seen anything like the inside ,almost like they’ve delaminated.
d1b102b159cb40ee159988efef67d323.jpg

8fba8069528be40a4a3abe3bced8430c.jpg

What were your pads like as if inside disk face was well worn along with more pad wear on inside pad would suggest possibly seized or sticking piston, worth checking.

Reactions: Jamsmoo
Yes, I agree need to check the main parts when they are off.
As the coolant has been going down I'm assuming it's the water part that's leaking, it's quite difficult to see really.
I would be more confident if I could see it leaking, but it must be a slow leak.
Having seen videos on replacing the oil filter housing and it was also changed in one after replacing the gasket twice
I will just have to replace the housing.

What were your pads like as if inside disk face was well worn along with more pad wear on inside pad would suggest possibly seized or sticking piston, worth checking.

c56ae4e77acba6ae1da2ac1546ceb581.jpg

Pretty even [mention]Charlie Farley [/mention]
I thought I had a good bit left on the pads until next to new ones

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Anyone recommended a good coolant G12+ make instead of Vag, it's very expensive and I may need to drain the car.

0A416DC6 88DF 4DF6 811E EFFD96BAF17B

Oz rims are back from refurb with a fresh lick of paint. Thanks to @Jamsmoo for the recommendation, good bunch at Total Wheel Works. Should have some new rubber on them and fitted by the summer :rockwoot:

Reactions: Bradderz_1988, Ricky Burrows, tr7 and 2 others
View attachment 263251
Oz rims are back from refurb with a fresh lick of paint. Thanks to @Jamsmoo for the recommendation, good bunch at Total Wheel Works. Should have some new rubber on them and fitted by the summer :rockwoot:
They look brill Rob, really great colour, interested see what they look like fitted just in case they look better than my Silver ones.

Reactions: Rob Avant
Photo 2023 01 20 205425

Dropped mine off at ex Audi Master Tech to Stage 1 Remap and 'solve' the DPF and EGR matter once and for all

I really wanted to give it a go myself but the weather is just dire and it needs done.

This guy is a great find, has a B7 RS4 himself and an R32.

Looking forward to getting it back now

View attachment 263254

Dropped mine off at ex Audi Master Tech to Stage 1 Remap and 'solve' the DPF and EGR matter once and for all

I really wanted to give it a go myself but the weather is just dire and it needs done.

Looks like ideal quattro conditions.:yes:

Reactions: tr7
Oh, and on a random note. I bought a Golf GT TDI (two actually) (plus another B7!)

Firstly. Let me just say I've never been so thankful for my Audi interior and my retrimmed RS3 wheel. You begin to take these things for granted after a while once you've got them, but driving the Golf was a refresher in why I prefer Audi and why the RS3 wheel is such a nice upgrade. So very much looking forward to getting my B7 back.

But the best part.

I used the windscreen washers on the GT TDI. Oh my word, what a revelation those fan jet sprayers are

I shall be swapping mine for pair asap. Absolute game changer.

Can't believe these aren't standard

Reactions: Ricky Burrows and Rob Avant
Oh, and on a random note. I bought a Golf GT TDI (two actually) (plus another B7!)

Firstly. Let me just say I've never been so thankful for my Audi interior and my retrimmed RS3 wheel. You begin to take these things for granted after a while once you've got them, but driving the Golf was a refresher in why I prefer Audi and why the RS3 wheel is such a nice upgrade. So very much looking forward to getting my B7 back.

But the best part.

I used the windscreen washers on the GT TDI. Oh my word, what a revelation those fan jet sprayers are

I shall be swapping mine for pair asap. Absolute game changer.

Can't believe these aren't standard
I roll around in an old mk4 Golf GTI as my daily, love it to bits. If fact it’s in at my mates garage having some work done on it at the mo. Been using the B7 wagon for the last week for work and to ferry the kids about, it’s in a different league. Just having a heater that warms up in 2 minutes

Reactions: tr7, boffin486 and Charlie Farley
I tried everywhere to get another set before going with the Oz's , just weren't any around, shame really as they were nice and did suit the old bus.

Your spot on there Rob, why they never made the ronal's in 19" is beyond me.

I've decided to go back to Red brembo's too.
They just look so good on a black bus, I've a spare tin of corse rosso red from my Ducati race bike which should be ideal.
I know I said no more projects but this is a no-cost one so it doesn't count ..lol

Might be needing a new offside front CV joint as well as i'm getting occasional low-speed clonking on full lock when pulling into car parks etc and parking up .

Well Rob - I would check the CV joints carefully - I've had two collapse on me (which makes the car undriveable as the Drive shaft isnt connected any more.
Would hate to think of that happening at speed - luckily both mine happened at low speed so no drive shaft thrashing around under the car......

Joint number 1 - May 2021

DSC 0270 20dpi

Joint number 2 - July 2022

DSC 1059 20dpi

• Wow
Reactions: Gmac and Charlie Farley
I've not had a good look as yet, it maybe the outer CV joint or possibly the top control arms as I think they are probably a bit worn now.
It is only apparent when turning on full lock really, nothing otherwise.
I have a spare set of complete drive shafts that I may refit, with a new set of boots and regrease of course.

Well Rob - I would check the CV joints carefully - I've had two collapse on me (which makes the car undriveable as the Drive shaft isnt connected any more.
Would hate to think of that happening at speed - luckily both mine happened at low speed so no drive shaft thrashing around under the car......

Joint number 1 - May 2021

View attachment 263332

Joint number 2 - July 2022

View attachment 263333
what size boots are they ?

I’m the same as you Rob, bit of a clunking on full lock reversing back in to the driveway. Whats the best way to check a failing cv joint? Ive got a ramp i can put it on If that helps

what size boots are they ?
Actually - not sure - it came with the boxed CV joint (along with clamps & grease) from my local Autosave - Euro Car Parts tried three times but failed to get me a CV joint that actually fitted the drive shaft! Even after I took the drive shaft in to them, they couldn't find one that fitted - The ones they had all had the correct number of internal splines but were fractionally too small to go onto the driveshafts splines? Very strange. This delayed the job for 3 days& most annoying of all was that after I had completed the job, I found I already had a correct new/boxed identical CV joint (same as the one from Autosave) in the garage........... :sob:

View attachment 263254

Ok, got B7 back. Then got same day MOT. Put my RS4's back on. Straight through. Passed. Zero minors. Great day

Car is driving better than it ever has. All was removed without any cuts or welds. Looks perfect

And looks great on the Silver wheels again

Never been so happy to have zero lights on the dash:rockwoot:

Reactions: Rob Avant, Charlie Farley and NM07
Oh and it technically got a Stage 2 map in it. So it markably faster than before

Pushed a Cayenne up the road on the way home and was well over 1** before I knew it :whistle2:

Best it's ever driven before

Very very happy :icon thumright:

Reactions: Gmac, boffin486 and Charlie Farley
Oh, and today I happened to buy my first TFSI :thumbs up:

Lets see how I get on with a Petrol