What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

Me thinks I may well be needing to do some of those same jobs myself soon. Interested where you got the following parts from at such a good price as I cant see to find the same .
Namely : B4 Bilstein Shocks for £45.77 each. ( I assume this is for front and rear )
Rear Bump Stops and Dust Covers
I have sorted the tie rod ends from your list as mine are perished
cheers

When I took my bumper off to do the lights, I saw that the side bit of moulding where it bolts to the front wing had snapped off. God knows how it was staying on. So after a few failed attempts at bonding the broken bit, I decided to fashion up my own bit of plastic, bent it into shape and then bonded it to the bumper using JB plastic weld which is great stuff.

View attachment 261072

View attachment 261073

Then bolted it back onto the wing/car and all good.
Took this opportunity to be a complete tart and refresh the front a little. The front grille was a bit tatty, had a small crack in it, missing covers for the parking sensors and there was no audi ring mounting thingy. So found one on ebay which was a perfect fit, gloss black and had the covers for the holes. A little bit of fettling with a heat gun to carefully massage the top sections down a tad and all fitted and ready to go

View attachment 261074
Also fitted the new rings and holder and a proper S line badge
Then decided that my existing intercooler pipes did not fit in with the colour scheme of black and red. and they were faded and dirty.
View attachment 261075
And the intercooler was in pretty poor shape so gave that a refresh and became even more of a tart by getting matching red hoses. :)
All fitted and ready for the bumper to go back
View attachment 261076

View attachment 261077

View attachment 261078

oh and in keeping with the clean up and colour scheme, replaced the coil packs with R8 ones and the wiring harness...nice

View attachment 261079

Next job will be to replace the yellowing Coolant expansion tank ( think there is a slight issue with the sensor underneath anyway ) and then sort out the suspension when that all arrives
Where did you get that Quattro badge ?? Toying with getting one, do you think it looks right on the car??

Where did you get that Quattro badge ?? Toying with getting one, do you think it looks right on the car??

It had one when I bought the car but all black and you couldn’t see it again the grill so just got off eBay and then my wife with a small brush and some airfix paint touched up the silver bits so it looked better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice. I know were they are, the paint shop I use is just down the road. Need some work doing so will give them a shout for a quote :thumbs up:

Great body shop over the road ,genuine bloke ,I’d go no where else ,given how rare they are we must be talking about the same place

Nice. I know were they are, the paint shop I use is just down the road. Need some work doing so will give them a shout for a quote :thumbs up:

Micheal at total wheel works ,was introduced by a friend who’s used them for years ,we tend to arrange our painting requirements together,get a good price for “group on”,

I think from now on, anything else should be just maintenance ( famous last words ) though I am quite keen on getting the car onto a rolling road just to see how much power he has given the obvious upgrades but no supporting paperwork...
AHa! You are falling into the oh so subtle trap of Audi ownership. Theres ALWAYS something needing done to them either by requirement or by your own volition!

AHa! You are falling into the oh so subtle trap of Audi ownership. Theres ALWAYS something needing done to them either by requirement or by your own volition!
true

did the coolant tank with new one . Much nicer and her ladyship got handy with the paintbrush again
IMG 1396

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Rear hub carrier removed ,bad bearing and hub out
New bits pressed in ,not something I’d relish doing again.
b657f1901bddf109391e37822d58cd4c.jpg

Another job off the list James, you probably have to do the other side now.

Reactions: Jamsmoo
Did you do the thermostat yourself? I need one done but no idea how hard it is to do?
Sorry buddy only just seen this, not getting notifications for some reason. Yes did it all my self. They're not really that difficult to do, just fiddley. The hardest part I found was getting the new thermostat to push into the block. Happy to talk you through it if you need me to. There's some decent videos on YouTube that you can use to get an idea too, so you're not going in blind.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Stu_b7
Nice load of upgrades there !! In fact the whole damn car looks superb. Like the headlights and I recognise that front bumper @Charlie Farley :)
God knows what is happening in the engine bay but certainly looks impressive.

looks similar to mine back in 2018.
View attachment 261325
I actually thought they were the same car mate, very similar. The blue 1 was a friend of mines car, we did a lot of stuff on an old Facebook group back around 2017. Had a day out at audi in the park too. He sold it around 2018 to a lad from Scotland I believe.

Finally removed these annoying items from the rear passenger section, only 8 years late..lol, better late than never though.

Are they the Tie down thingys ?

In the Porsche we use them with a cargo net when my wife goes shopping as nothing survives in the boot if it isn’t strapped down :)

Nope, they are the optional Isofix mounts for use with child seats etc.
Never needed them so out they come as whenever I put the down rear seats they constantly scuff the bottom edge of the leather, not good on seats that were unmarked.

Hoping my kids grow out of their car seats soon, hate having the recaros covered up all the time lol

Last edited:
Sorry buddy only just seen this, not getting notifications for some reason. Yes did it all my self. They're not really that difficult to do, just fiddley. The hardest part I found was getting the new thermostat to push into the block. Happy to talk you through it if you need me to. There's some decent videos on YouTube that you can use to get an idea too, so you're not going in blind.

I have had a look online and it seems to me like you have to move the alternator? Is that right if so it’s defo too big a job for me

If I did go down the coilover route, it would be between these two
https://prosportperformance.co.uk/coilover-kits/1328/coilovers-a4-b7-saloon-quattro-150119-595-detail -id
and
https://racelandeurope.com/collections/audi-coilovers/products/audi-a4-b7-8e-coilovers
I think they are a good bundle price unless people know of other options
I bought the Raceland Ultimo ones and can't fault the ride quality of them.
Just send them a quick message and they'll lat you know an ETA for new stock.

Reactions: swisstony
Messing about with spacers today after the bbs were redecorated ,tried 20s on the rear 15s on the front but I’m not Carlos fandango and it’s a daily so scrapped that ,landed on 15,s rear 12s front (the bbs are et 48 8.5s
The relationship has been on rocky ground of late with my wheel bearing and cv joint issues
Very much back on now it’s all sorted.
1ea26bdee450babd932b916dbfd81fe6.jpg

Reactions: quattrogone, Gmac, Rob Avant and 1 other person
Messing about with spacers today after the bbs were redecorated ,tried 20s on the rear 15s on the front but I’m not Carlos fandango and it’s a daily so scrapped that ,landed on 15,s rear 12s front (the bbs are et 48 8.5s
The relationship has been on rocky ground of late with my wheel bearing and cv joint issues
Very much back on now it’s all sorted.
1ea26bdee450babd932b916dbfd81fe6.jpg

looks great, love the wheel colors.
The only thing I'd change is the valance color, still not convinced its looks quite right but personal choice really, if you like it then that's all that matters.:yahoo:

Reactions: Jamsmoo
looks great, love the wheel colors.
The only thing I'd change is the valance color, still not convinced its looks quite right but personal choice really, if you like it then that's all that matters.:yahoo:

Thanks Rob ,It’s still on the list,had a quote of 100£
It’s had to take a back seat of late tho with other issues and having the alloy colour in mind

I bought the Raceland Ultimo ones and can't fault the ride quality of them.
Just send them a quick message and they'll lat you know an ETA for new stock.
already bought a set , couldnt wait :) but thanks.

Reactions: Fully
Forgot I did this a week ago but didnt like the small brushed aluminium strip under the boot lid. It didnt fit properly and kept popping out so took it off to discover the glue bonding it had failed .

IMG 0860

So gave it a good clean and wrapped it :)
Also did the rear rings whilst I was at it

IMG 1390 1

IMG 1389 1

Reactions: boffin486, Stu_b7, Rob Avant and 2 others
The old bus was a bit overdue for a shampoo and set, out with the diesel pressure washer, and an hour later all shiny and clean again.:yahoo:
swapped over the rear Recaro bench seat that I retained from the S4, almost new compared to my other bench.:thumbs up:
Now it's raining, always happens.lol

I do love my old bus. :yahoo:

IMG 6075

• Love
Reactions: spartacus 68, boffin486, B7Tourer and 5 others
Very nice indeed rob
I have been far too busy putting up xmas decorations outside to do anything car related :)

A bit early for putting up decorations chap surely.
not in this household ..her ladyship likes them all up and ready for the 1st Dec. Inside and outside so have to start early .
But dont worry back to the car maybe next weekend.

On tomorrows hit list is replacement new front pads in the 18z's, nice easy job on a sunday. :yahoo:

The old bus was a bit overdue for a shampoo and set
Very nice Rob! I've done quite a bit to my old goat but I've not taken pictures. Re-spray of the rear bumper and nearside arch. Going for a re-sparay of the front bumber too but I missed my slot due to work. The in the New year it's back to Straightline performance, for a total suspension overhaul. I'm happy to report the KMB oil pump upgrade has been stellar, with not a drop of oil consumed (according to the light) over 6000 miles and due it's next service and all super smooth. I reckon those big long hauls to Glasgow and back 'ran' it in good and proper, all over again. 240K and trucking like 50. Xmas decos up this weekend. Have a good one everyone.

Reactions: tr7 and Charlie Farley
Looks fine , better than plain black.
The texture of the cover tends to leave the finish looking a bit flat but looks fine too me.
Mine was all smoothed out and both sections done 2k finish so black sections and red sections are glossy.

Reactions: boffin486