What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

Similar to the things I’ve been looking at ,from Cyprus also ,maybe same company
11a6e88bf8484b92f6eb5d36909241dc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
they were my first choice in an off the shelf fit but were out of stock, so went with bigger go faster option..lol

Reactions: Jamsmoo
they are really top quality items, i had a set off singles prior to the quads from them too, very happy with them .

Quick clean before back in the garage getting ready to take off the bumper and replace the grill for the new RS4 grill which has just been wrapped

Attachments

• 640FC860-8FF2-4A5A-9C45-B0ED66D6C15A.jpeg
    640FC860-8FF2-4A5A-9C45-B0ED66D6C15A.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 59
  • 4CC2706F-0165-46AC-994F-205A57532452.jpeg
    4CC2706F-0165-46AC-994F-205A57532452.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 55
  • B20026EF-F15B-4774-8684-341C8BE19988.jpeg
    B20026EF-F15B-4774-8684-341C8BE19988.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 55
Reactions: quattrogone, Rob Avant and Jamsmoo
Quick clean before back in the garage getting ready to take off the bumper and replace the grill for the new RS4 grill which has just been wrapped
I'm not normally a fan of lips, spoilers and splitters, but I have to say, that is one fantastic looking B7, great job mate @Stu_b7

Reactions: Stu_b7 and Charlie Farley
I've seen that style of rear valance splitter before, looks like one @Ricky Burrows fabricated for his now gone B7.

Not far off! I'm about 20 miles or so from Little Chart :)
I purchased a Porsche 968 club sport from Chilham Sports Cars back in 2005 , they ripped me off big time and it put me right off garages in kent.
Shame as it was a nice car, just botched up by them.

Anyway, gave the old bus a shampoo and set today so she looks a bit fresher than of late.
Had a snoop under the bonnet just to check all was well, yep all good until I found oil splattered on the under tray, closer inspection revealed the sealing gasket on the oil cooler/ filter housing has failed, not a massive amount but it's gone in one place all the same, another one of this generations tfsi faults, so thats a job for the next few weeks.

always something to do, luckily I need to do a filter and oil change so I can do it at the same time, nothing worse than wasting all that new oil.

might do a gearbox oil change aswell as its feels like it could use one now.

Reactions: Rob Avant
This weekend, I have had the front bumper off to replace the broken height adjusters - I have attempted repairing these with glue in the past but it only lasts a short time before they break again so new ones were required. I opted to modify things so they could be screwed on (instead of rivetted), using M5 screws. Appropriately sized RivNuts are ideal for this.

Old broken bits
Front height adjusters broken 75dpi

Old rivets drilled out, holes slightly enlarged for Riv Nuts
Prepped for Riv nuts 75dpi

Rivnut installed 75dpi

Old N New 75dpi

Slight countersinking mod to new part to allow for slightly raised rivnut head
New Part Holes Contersunk 75dpi

Finally Screwed in place 75dpi

Just the other side to do now........

Reactions: NM07, Stu_b7 and Charlie Farley
I sprayed the threads and moving parts with lithium grease aswell , it all helps.

This weekend, I have had the front bumper off to replace the broken height adjusters - I have attempted repairing these with glue in the past but it only lasts a short time before they break again so new ones were required. I opted to modify things so they could be screwed on (instead of rivetted), using M5 screws. Appropriately sized RivNuts are ideal for this.

Old broken bits
View attachment 259309

Old rivets drilled out, holes slightly enlarged for Riv Nuts
View attachment 259310

View attachment 259311

View attachment 259312
Slight countersinking mod to new part to allow for slightly raised rivnut head
View attachment 259313

View attachment 259314
Just the other side to do now........
Where is the best place to get these from always abit worried about eBay bits

most of them are ok, audi will charge you more than everyone else.
its not like they are a bearing etc, just an adjustable support really.

Reactions: Stu_b7
Where is the best place to get these from always abit worried about eBay bits
I bought 2 new ones from my local dealer about 4 years ago, was less than £20 for both. As with all things they’ve probably gone up loads by now

Reactions: Charlie Farley
the valance has a very defined curve which means ideally you need a custom set to really blend in or something close.
S4 back box swaps work or aftermarket back boxes but than can work out costly.
Weld-on or other means of fitting with tips can be just as good but is finding something that really fits in with the shape.
Mine are not ideal by a long way but i'm fine with them.
from the pic you can see how much an angle they need to be if you want a flush fit left to right.

View attachment 259254

dad93dc778bf8a127db93283f850a864.jpg

Delivery notification this morning so popped home while passing with work for a very quick mock up of how they might look
Top view could be better ,happy with end view
Overall quite pleased but they aren’t on the car yet
Time will tell

Reactions: Charlie Farley and NM07
bb57d3e4a0ef62612c10c600eb224217.jpg

Still dry fitting ,happier still with the fitment on the car

Reactions: NM07, Rob Avant and Charlie Farley
The old wagon is starting to get on my wick…
Still having issues with the Recaro's, given up for now and refitted the Sline seats.
On the plus side, picked up a new headunit and amp for the Golf :rock:

Looks really good bud, are you going to be colour matching the S4 valence?

Thanks chap ,I was at first but after viewing many s4s rear valance exhaust combos there’s a lot that don’t
I’m not sure now ,I probably will but I’m not in such a rush

e05be484f3cf604b32e85a8a6577cd73.jpg

I don’t think it looks too out of place in silver/grey

I'm going to be a tad controversial, I'd go with a colour match, silver looks nice but just looks a bit more add on if you get my drift.
But whatever works for you James. :thumbs up:

I'm going to be a tad controversial, I'd go with a colour match, silver looks nice but just looks a bit more add on if you get my drift.
But whatever works for you James. :thumbs up:

Totally agree ,It’s just that it doesn’t bother me as much as I expected it to thus painting is not as high on my list of priorities as it was

Hello! so today i changed my radiator fans (new nissen 2x) and my valve cover (went with Febi) which leaked for about 3 years now haha, car is audi a4 b7 quattro with hybrid turbo :)
308301302 492040972473257 7725836069758957568 n
308342289 616167750147074 7802230724392981155 n
if anybody needs and help im here, owner for 6 years changed many things, also cheers from Croatia!!!!
300165677 393743886222524 2893168626158714241 n

Last edited:
Reactions: tr7, quattrogone, Rob Avant and 3 others
Also gave to disk backers a freshen up
4b603894a92181799d05bce68f1099ce.jpg

Reactions: boffin486, Rob Avant, NM07 and 1 other person
Hi Rob, what sort of issues are you having with the seats ?
Hi Rob,
The passenger seat is still giving me a headache… it won’t move backwards/ forwards even though both motors work fine when tested. Also the drivers side keeps giving me an airbag warning light which I can’t seem to reset. I’ve got the MOT due next month so I’ve refitted them old seats just to get through that without any issues. I’ll come back to them in a few weeks, just haven’t got any spare time at the moment unfortunately

Just a thought Rob, are they definitely B7 ones, maybe worth checking with the seller as some B6 seats had issues with airbag messages when fitted to B7's.
They look the same for the most part but are different.
sounds like the seat movement is jammed somewhere or not engaging.

Just a thought Rob, are they definitely B7 ones, maybe worth checking with the seller as some B6 seats had issues with airbag messages when fitted to B7's.
They look the same for the most part but are different.
sounds like the seat movement is jammed somewhere or not engaging.
They are B6 seats not B7. Going to ask a friend of a friend (auto sparky) to have a look in a few weeks. Gotta get through the mot then it’s going in for much needed paint, will hopefully sort the seats after that

Thats your air bag error then Rob, B7 will look for the airbags in the B7 seats, B6 didnt have them hence why you get the error light.
It can be bypassed with some fiddling.

Thats your air bag error then Rob, B7 will look for the airbags in the B7 seats, B6 didnt have them hence why you get the error light.
It can be bypassed with some fiddling.
They have had the bladder sensor bypass done to stop the airbag light, seems it’s not been done too well unfortunately